Points system on driving licenses will reduce accidents in Thailand

webfact

1 minute ago, UTH001 said:

Just curious about HELMETS: Is it ok (it seems it is, I see it daily...) to just wear the helmet? Or heaven forbid, should the straps actually be fastened tightly? 

Straps?? are like fasters on older farang sandals??

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, UTH001 said:

Just curious about HELMETS: Is it ok (it seems it is, I see it daily...) to just wear the helmet? Or heaven forbid, should the straps actually be fastened tightly? 

In most cities you just need the helmet on bigger roads. 

8 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Drunk driving: 3 points...……………………..OK, can do 4 times

Red lights: 2 points...…………………...……..Can do 6 times

Helmets and speeding: 1 point each.......Can do 12 times

That will teach them!

Wonder how many points for covering licenses plates with white paint?

How many points for driving without licenses plates?

9 hours ago, colinneil said:

What a load of hog wash....Points system will not improve driving standards 1 iota.

A hell of a lot of drivers here dont even have a license, so points wont change anything.

Drive on regardless..... Thats the motto here.

your dead right you lancky lad.....

Sorry, but I don't believe it. It is just another show off.

Same as with the reporting the motorcycles on the sidewalk.

The idea was very good, .... but just after one single day can not send and 

upload anymore......

Always comes a message.... That the upload failed.  

9 minutes ago, Pasuwan said:

There's so many whiners on this forum. If you don't like it here. Leave and go back to own wonderful country. 

I agree. Let the slaughter continue. If Thais don't care, why should foreigners? 

11 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Drunk driving: 3 points...……………………..OK, can do 4 times

Red lights: 2 points...…………………...……..Can do 6 times

Helmets and speeding: 1 point each.......Can do 12 times

That will teach them!

I was thinking the same thing -- oh by the way, it's worse than that.  It's "can GET CAUGHT 4 times", which depends on the corrupt and lazy police actually noticing the locals driving like they always do.  

He hopes... but "hope is not a business strategy"

And suspending a licence only means that offenders will drive without a valid licence. What is the plan or punishment to prevent them from doing so?

Retaking the driving test.. or just buying the licence, if you fail

Plans need to be grounded in reality - otherwise,  they are just empty words

Helmets might help. Removing babies mounted in front of drivers might help. Removing overloaded pickup trucks from the passing lane might help. Running lights might help. Drivers education might help. Etc. Etc. Etc. Etc. 

5 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

How will the points system work for cars registered to a company?

Since my missus drives cars registered in my name and gets regular speeding fines which she refuses to pay, I might have to transfer the cars to the company. 

The points won't be connected to the car,but to the driver and the drivers license.

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

What a load of hog wash....Points system will not improve driving standards 1 iota.

A hell of a lot of drivers here dont even have a license, so points wont change anything.

Drive on regardless..... Thats the motto here.

2 points for driving without a licence!????

13 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

But if you are a HiSo or a " do you know who I am "  0 point :1zgarz5:

And as wrote Colinneil, about 40% here don't have a license ( to kill ???? I'm in my James Bond period )

so....

I would like to see policemen and radars and breath control on secondary roads ( red and concrete roads which are so many in Thailand )..

I would like to see policemen controlling licenses and helmets between 7 am and 8 am when children come to school ...and verifiing if passengers and driver  have security belts in minibuses ...

But that will never come ...

you would like that REALLY?   they will just target YOU!!!!!

al the 8 yo riding bikes to school...   OH OH ITS ILLAGAL...  so funny wake up..

14 hours ago, webfact said:

Points system on driving licenses will reduce accidents in Thailand

Sponsered by Sabaidee Calculators Ltd.....Because every Thai driver will now need a calculator to add up the points on their licence......????.

All you guys keep talking about this like it's a bad thing. You all seem to forget this would open up new positions in the police force. An extra way to generate income for the police. 

I just hope the IT men who have access to the records are constantly checked for their wealth. Too much of an opportunity here to clear records for brown envelopes. 

What this country really needs is for their police to be vigilant in making sure the laws are followed. 

Make arrests for unlicensed and drunk drivers and confiscate their vehicles. 

Taking one small thing that other countries use for their enforcement and failing to uphold the laws will have absolutely no result except for generating more income for some lucky person who holds keys to your points. 

And that will only work for those people who actually care about their licenses to drive or actually have one. 

In the meantime I am most certain to continue seeing cars flying past policemen on the roads without getting stopped and death tolls increased yearly. 

Might be implemented in a lot of Western countries but doesn't work in a lot of Western countries also.

Wonder how it will all trickle down the government desks in Thailand.....driver booked, fine goes to one department,.......when fine paid, points added(or subtracted), goes to another office .....etc. etc..........when none left, driver keeps driving just like before when they had no licence.

Yup, that'll bring down the road toll.

Archived