Anybody Bored in Thailand??

atyclb

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

Things definitely get monotonous, get up, breakfast, go for walk , mall, beach etc every day, hang out, have a drink- non alcohol, lunch, etc etc etc, same same. Fishing some days, the garbage is something I could never get used to, traffic, pollution, congestion, heat, currency little things got to me after a while, then drinking in the evening, I'm pretty tame but it tends to spiral . And not in the right direction for most. Having seen it in expats ,, I didn't want to see myself there in several years.I got out of dodge.count my lucky stars I travelled with a backpack, and never bought. Came back to canada, breathed fresh air, drank clean water, ate good food, quiet, certainly wasn't comparing apples to apples,realized what I was missing. Had good times, met wonderful people while in Thailand but Retirement is not happening in Thailand. 

You changed your mind ?

2 hours ago, helloagain said:

Atyclb yes i get bored. I dont smoke. Go to bar once a month for 1 drink. To stop being so bored i download music and my tv programs. Go big tesco once a week and central another day. Go for a 30 scooter ride or have a little computer surf. Thats it really. Plan for big holidays. Last year S. A. And this year 4 weeks USA already. If long haul fly business. Try to see movie once a week but cant stand all this cartoon stuff apart from disney. Hate spiderman or the like. Bkk has a motorshow, also go paragon, mbk, and icon siam for a break. Kings palace. Have you seen bali yet and do the bicycle ride 26 klms down. Ankor wat and see the culture village. Halon bay vietnam. Take up cooking, i now bake my bread so easy. Yes it is boring, so many places to see in uk. BUT it beats being dead. Go for massage or you and she go for leg massage. 

been to bali a lot. great surf spots, lots of japanese surfer girls easy to befriend. overdeveloped now and terrible traffic

12 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Nothing in the world more boring than spending time with people like this, they actually mostly hate what they do and despise most of the customers, and I don't blame them. It's all an act by bar girls, they are paid to be your friend and so none of it really counts.

I easely bored, and been like that since a kid. Do not try to say get a hobby, I have been skijumping, cross country skiing, boxing, judo, skydiving, basejumping, snowboarding, randonee, telemark skiing, Climbing, scuba and freediving, lately in Thailand working out in gym, walking the beaches, mountains, driving my big bikes, building a small farm, working offshore at the moment, travelling alot for work and for pleasure, eat good food, good wine, enjoy life, but still, Im bored. Not sure I forgot something, but the older I get, the body need more rest, and can not be as active as I used to, and thats when I am get restless and bored. I want more out of life, than I can get. But I do have time where I feel relaxed, and thats when I have a nice balcony, good coffe, and a good sunrise, thats when I know It will be a good day. 

43 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Not want you. 

1. you have wife already

2. You live the dirty place

3. You won’t like me, because you think thai stupid.

4 you not like thai music. I like fun people, not boring one. 

1. Have wife only. Not have mia girlfriend. 

2. It OK. I clean up for you.

3. I know you not stupid already. I read your post. Very smart na. I like. 

4. How about Mozart? You like? Classical music. Very beautiful same you. 

Surprising post and question. I have lived in Bangkok 3 years, Ayutthaya 2 years, Phuket (Patong & Kathu) for 7 years and now Singburi for 2 years. I cannot remember ever feeling bored or brooding over nothing to do. Here in LOS you can do most things quickly, easily and usually cheaply compared to Europe.

If you are sufferring from boredom then you have a stagment mind or no imagination or motivation. Better go to another country the grass maybe greener there.

I've chosen to base my life mostly in my home country(Australia) and simply visit Thailand(and other SEA countries) every southern hemisphere winter...., I mean it's only 6.5 hours flying time, why wouldn't I ?
2 things I've learnt from my many visits to Thailand...., "Yes..., I sometimes do become bored in Thailand" and...., dare I say it ?...., yes I do dare....,
"You can't polish a turd !" 

Not bored anymore. 

Before I always rented appartements here. I woke up in the morning and was thinking what I will do with this beautiful day. Then I bought a bigger condo. Now I wake up and ask myself what I will fix next...

10 minutes ago, Hotrudester said:

Surprising post and question. I have lived in Bangkok 3 years, Ayutthaya 2 years, Phuket (Patong & Kathu) for 7 years and now Singburi for 2 years. I cannot remember ever feeling bored or brooding over nothing to do. Here in LOS you can do most things quickly, easily and usually cheaply compared to Europe.

If you are sufferring from boredom then you have a stagment mind or no imagination or motivation. Better go to another country the grass maybe greener there.

People are different, and poeple do not get stimulated by the same things, or same experiences. Some is driven different than others, and saying lack of motivation or go to another country, well, if I could do as much drugs, x sports, drive as fast I would, have all the women and all the best sex in the world, it still would not be enough. Doing the same things over time, make me bored, but my boredom have taken my places, and made me do quite interesting things, but I need more. 

But if you manage to get bored, you also know when you have good moments, it makes more contrasts to life. 

40 minutes ago, Time Traveller said:

Most of my hobbies are banned in Thailand

i have to admit one of mine too, others are stupidly expensive (old cars, electric mountainbike racing).

Some stuff is just not doable in Bangkok (mountainbiking per se).

I had to find new ones but i also miss my old hobbies.

2 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

1. Have wife only. Not have mia girlfriend. 

2. It OK. I clean up for you.

3. I know you not stupid already. I read your post. Very smart na. I like. 

4. How about Mozart? You like? Classical music. Very beautiful same you. 

2. Why you not clean already?

3. I think you not speak thai. I don’t want illiterate, deaf, mute guy. Can not have good conversation, can not speak to my friend. It would be bad life. Must take care “idiot” who can not do anything himself. Too difficult.

4. Mozart ok. But I think boring concert. No dance. Everyone old and sit down. Maybe go sleep.

i read your other post. You complain all day, I like strong guy, not the baby.

sorry.

4 hours ago, Yinn said:

Not want you. 

1. you have wife already

2. You live the dirty place

3. You won’t like me, because you think thai stupid.

4 you not like thai music. I like fun people, not boring one. 

I like Thai music. I'll be living in bangkok. You live Ranong? You have boat?

3 hours ago, Time Traveller said:

Most of my hobbies are banned in Thailand

Weed and machine guns. Yeah. Sure miss that. Old car,  a Vickers, yell blooody ell Archie ere comes the hun, torch off about $2000 worth of milsurp 303 at the car then fire up the bong? Priceless.

16 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Nothing in the world more boring than spending time with people like this, they actually mostly hate what they do and despise most of the customers, and I don't blame them. It's all an act by bar girls, they are paid to be your friend and so none of it really counts.

i recognize one of those gals!

2 hours ago, Yinn said:

2. Why you not clean already?

3. I think you not speak thai. I don’t want illiterate, deaf, mute guy. Can not have good conversation, can not speak to my friend. It would be bad life. Must take care “idiot” who can not do anything himself. Too difficult.

4. Mozart ok. But I think boring concert. No dance. Everyone old and sit down. Maybe go sleep.

i read your other post. You complain all day, I like strong guy, not the baby.

sorry.

3. Can speak Thai na. Jing jing. 

4. You want dance with me. How long dance? I worry many old lady say she like dance but too old already. I buy the very expensive dress, shoes, gold. But she only dance 10 minutes too tired. Then sit down eating too much. 

How about you? Have a good stamina? I want to dance. 

I only complain because not very happy sometime. Need lady sweet heart and funny post on Thaivisa to make me happy. 

Do you know somebody like that? 

16 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

No I do not live in Thailand anymore now but I did for many years and yes your

assumption is incorrect I never mentioned I hate Thai people read again I have 

2400 friends on Face Book and the majority is Thais I only mentioned I do not

have Australian friends in Australia but every other nationalities

He didn't say you hate Thai people, he assumed you don't like Thai people when reading your post.

40 minutes ago, possum1931 said:
22 hours ago, Moonlover said:

If I ever get bored, which is not very often, I get on my motorcycle and ride. Problem solved.

41 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Anywhere special?

I as most of my mundane day-to-day riding is on the flat plains of north east Issan, for my pleasure rides I head for the range of hills that cut across to the south and west of Sakon Nakhon. There a number of nice twisty roads that cut through the range and along their length. And there are two national parks and a number of wats to visit along the way.

14 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

1. I maintain residency in multiple countries. I have business and property in Thailand and earn significant money. 

2. I am married, not a sex tourist. 

3. I could die anywhere. 

4. I meet my friends in nice countries, not Thailand. None of my friends want to come to a dirty place. 

5. No

So now you're saying that Thailand isn't a nice country and it's dirty as well? 

6 hours ago, Yinn said:

Thankyou for answer. 

1. Success farang business in Thailand.  Good.

2. Where your wife from? She don’t like thai people same you?

4. Think you in pattaya? I not want to go that dirty place same. Terrible.

So you you live in Thailand to make money. Must live in the dirty place for income. 

Ok. 

If you don’t need income, where you like to live the most?

Nothing wrong with Pattaya. No one asked you to go to walking street. 

8 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

In my opinion, too much is dirty, yes. 

Would you consider it relatively clean? Compared to where? 

Try East Asia. Thailand is the cleanest country in the world compared to Pakistan,Bangladesh, India or even Cambodia.Did anyone ask you to come to Thailand? 

Archived