Pacific Prime health insurance ?

pop3

I'm in the process of looking to replace my current health insurance and I've been offered help from Pacific Prime , Has anybody had any dealing with this company good or bad ?

Although it seems to be a large company with an address in Bangkok information about them seems to be very vague ,  thank you in advance for any help you may have .

Spent $300 of my own money getting a vigorous Pacific Prime "required" physical...lab work, x-ray, interview with doctor.

I thought all went well...submitted my medical report and received a letter back saying that although I did not have any serious issues they were not going to insure me...

Now if I want insurance I have to admit I have been denied healthcare insurance...not good.

Would love to help you, but they seem to have some website issues: "

Error 1015 Ray ID: 5078768759cd49d7 • 2019-08-17 03:11:50 UTC

You are being rate limited

What happened?

The owner of this website (www.pacificprime.com) has banned you temporarily from accessing this website."

They seem to be an insurance broker, so Puchaiyank may be confusing them with an insurance company with a similar name. Judging from what I can see they seem to be Singapore based, with since you mentiuon that maybe a Bangkok office, so I'm not sure they are allowed to offer Thai insurance companies since they may not meet Thai requirements.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply Ive had internet issues , Yes it don't seem to be too good , I asked a question about -  Excess / deductible per person -

Their not clear about it but it turns out there's a 30/35% Co payment on all medical expenses ! So if they are offering to pay 100.000 baht for a certain procedure they are in fact only paying 70.000 .  Pacific Cross have the same only shown in the small print right at the end of your policy .

1 hour ago, pop3 said:

Sorry for the late reply Ive had internet issues , Yes it don't seem to be too good , I asked a question about -  Excess / deductible per person -

Their not clear about it but it turns out there's a 30/35% Co payment on all medical expenses ! So if they are offering to pay 100.000 baht for a certain procedure they are in fact only paying 70.000 .  Pacific Cross have the same only shown in the small print right at the end of your policy .

I have had a policy with Pacific Cross for almost 30 years. There is no co-pay.

On 8/16/2019 at 9:39 PM, Puchaiyank said:

Spent $300 of my own money getting a vigorous Pacific Prime "required" physical...lab work, x-ray, interview with doctor.

I thought all went well...submitted my medical report and received a letter back saying that although I did not have any serious issues they were not going to insure me...

Now if I want insurance I have to admit I have been denied healthcare insurance...not good.

Pacific Prime cannot insure anyone, Pacific Prime is an insurance broker, it is not an insurance company. 

In order for you to have had cover declined you would have to have completed an application form for an insurer, not Pacific Prime.  Are you sure that you're not referring to Pacific Cross, Bangkok, which is an insurance company? 

On 8/17/2019 at 10:15 AM, stevenl said:

They seem to be an insurance broker, so Puchaiyank may be confusing them with an insurance company with a similar name. Judging from what I can see they seem to be Singapore based, with since you mentiuon that maybe a Bangkok office, so I'm not sure they are allowed to offer Thai insurance companies since they may not meet Thai requirements.

Pacific Prime is a registered Thai insurance broker!

40 minutes ago, Just Weird said:
On 8/16/2019 at 9:39 PM, Puchaiyank said:

Maybe you applied to an insurance company through Pacific Prime and the broker was advised by the insurer that they couldn't offer cover for you.  Prime would then have had to pass the bad news on to you.

Whatever the outcome, it was not the broker's fault that an insurer considered you a bad risk and our paying out for a medical examination is a risk that we all take on a personal basis when we are older.

Is it normal practice to ask for this ?

Archived