Video: Shocking violence sees biker pull a knife and knock out taxi driver

webfact

Nothing new here, just normal Thai street road rage justice.

Some advice to anybody who got the impression that Thais are friendly and helpful people in the traffic or on the roads are terribly mistaken.

If you are involved in a accident with any thai male lock the doors close the windows and call your insurance agent and the police and wait until any of them arrive before you unlock the door. 

If you for some reason think it's safe to try to solve who caused the accident yourself, beware that Thais always will stick together against the foreigner and they can quickly turn into a mob.

Just telling from own experience.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, andre47 said:

Unbelievable....this man should be imprisoned for a long time and treated by an psychiatrist.

..sure...he needs some serious anger management..like an electrode to each side of his pea-brain..mind you the taxi driver needs some eye testing..he nearly wiped out another motor cyclist as he pulled off to the left side of the road.

I don't understand why anyone after being threatened with a knife would have pulled over after getting back in the car. If it was me I would have stayed in the car and called BIB or just <deleted> off. Then bike against a car wouldn't fancy his chances.

Can u believe how stupid these people are???

Someone tries to stab you so you stop your car and get out!!!!

You try to stab someone then knock them out but hang around to be identified or for the police to possibly arrive!!!

Did you guys notice this all started because the taxi driver tapped his horn at the bike rider for passing so closely??  That is why he came and banged the side of the car with the knife???

I had a bike rider almost collide into the side of me at full speed down a highway and the only thing that saved him, was I tapped the horn and woke him up, afterwards he had a moment to think, and got into a rage and started punching the air and following me down the road and into Markro parking lot with threatening gestures ...I just led him on wild goose chase.

I have a few other stories more serious involving cars ....I don’t know how they get like this, if it wouldn’t hurt me to, I would just let them crash.

5 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

Can u believe how stupid these people are???

Someone tries to stab you so you stop your car and get out!!!!

You try to stab someone then knock them out but hang around to be identified or for the police to possibly arrive!!!

He must have been waiting for the insurance guy to cover his damaged motorbike????

These road rage incidents can spinout of control so quickly. When some <deleted> acts like the passing lane belongs to them and super aggressively tailgates me, I sometimes deliberately slow down to deter this behavior, but videos like this remind me how quickly things can get crazy. It seems to be getting worse by the day, especially outbound from Bangkok at the start of the weekend and inbound at the end of the weekend. Thailand desperately needs a mobile highway patrol.

8 minutes ago, moutamine said:

Thailand is not for the faint of heart... this is a tough place!  It's eat or be eaten- jungle law

a couple shot in hatyai songkhla in a road rage also, and another road rage stabbing in samutprakan, taxi got stabbed/slashed in the hand.

i know friend of mine, 2 of his friends got stabbed to death in chonburi in a road rage not too long ago, the killer was  seen posting on facebook saying life is hard etc, and people close to him writing keep your head up and such... still think he is out, he is an former celebrity the stabber

3 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Brake checks a moving vehicle while brandishing a knife, then proceeds to hit the guy so hard he could have broken his jaw, poor guy falls on the edge of the kerb and smashes his head which could lead to a fractured skull and even brain damage.

Five to ten years will do him and the rest of us road users a world of good

Police said he will come in for an interview in about a month when he has time.   500 Baht fine, many Wai's and it's all been a terrible misunderstanding !

What I don't get is why the taxi didn't just run him over as soon as he saw the knife and he was infront of him. Clearly justified as protecting his own life from someone who clearly was showing intent to kill. All on camera so easy to show proof he ran him over in self defense and to protect his own life. 

Completely out of control. Someone should knock him down. 

And I`m sure there he goes around telling people how the taxi driver hit him with his car. Like that wasn`t inevitable.. 

These guys are a nightmare to run into in the traffic, for this reason. They get p..ssed for the slightest reason, and you never know if you meet guys like him, or just the regular guy.

Interesting that there is little or no police emergency response by calling a 3 digit number. Primative, backward and pathetic. The criminals, both foreign and domestic can commit such crimes and don't have to fear cops coming from all directions; including helicopters, dogs and special weapons teams. 

1 hour ago, bander said:

Nothing new here, just normal Thai street road rage justice.

Some advice to anybody who got the impression that Thais are friendly and helpful people in the traffic or on the roads are terribly mistaken.

If you are involved in a accident with any thai male lock the doors close the windows and call your insurance agent and the police and wait until any of them arrive before you unlock the door. 

If you for some reason think it's safe to try to solve who caused the accident yourself, beware that Thais always will stick together against the foreigner and they can quickly turn into a mob.

Just telling from own experience.

While your post has some merit, based on your personal experience, my experience is somewhat different. Insurance agents called, no mob, no trouble and the scooter driver with no license that hit my car...well, his experience ruined his day. Thank goodness for my front and rear car-cam

Not all incidents require simeone to do what I have done in the past. I merely share my experiences and refrain from telling others what they should do in the event of a traffic accident. They can figure that out for themselves.

5 hours ago, andre47 said:

Unbelievable....this man should be imprisoned for a long time and treated by an psychiatrist.

This man? Most thai drivers have this agenda, better to beat up or kill a taxi driver who had done some traffic error than lose face.

Last night a thai guy in a new SUV was blocking the soi I live in at my village by parking in the middle of the road. 

I honked my horn and that made him furious, he came out of the car and acted like a maniac yelling and screaming, running back and forth. 

I locked my doors and waited for the security guard to arrive.

No way I try to interfere with a lunatic who probably have a gun.

10 minutes ago, bander said:

This man? Most thai drivers have this agenda, better to beat up or kill a taxi driver who had done some traffic error than lose face.

Last night a thai guy in a new SUV was blocking the soi I live in at my village by parking in the middle of the road. 

I honked my horn and that made him furious, he came out of the car and acted like a maniac yelling and screaming, running back and forth. 

I locked my doors and waited for the security guard to arrive.

No way I try to interfere with a lunatic who probably have a gun.

Obviously the psychiatrists have a lot more to do ????

I had a similar experience. I used my horn because another driver ignored my right of way and caused a dangerous situation. On the next traffic light this man came to me and gave me a slap in my face. So think twice before you use your horn or criticize somebody here. If they loose their face they often also loose their control.

3 hours ago, andre47 said:

Obviously the psychiatrists have a lot more to do ????

I had a similar experience. I used my horn because another driver ignored my right of way and caused a dangerous situation. On the next traffic light this man came to me and gave me a slap in my face. So think twice before you use your horn or criticize somebody here. If they loose their face they often also loose their control.

Were you on a bike? Thai man in a car or suv?  Bikers are at a lower category than cars or SUVs so the man acted pompously.

Archived