draft beer

phycokiller

anyone know whats in the cheap draft beer? I can get drunk on vodka, or have a few cans of beer with no problem, but one glass of that draft during a meal and I cant sleep and have a hangover the next day. I dont think theres much alcohol in it, maybe 3% and I only have a glass, its some other ingredient in it

5 hours ago, wgdanson said:

I really don't know, but after 10 draught Changs I tend to get a bit PSYCHO!

actually at the restaurant i was in there was psycho, cambodia does seem to attract a few odd barang. he was drinking a draft too, in between getting up and freaking out everybody in the place. guess they are on welfare in their home countries and cant stay in thailand any more

Just now, phycokiller said:

actually at the restaurant i was in there was a guy barking at me like a dog, cambodia does seem to attract a few odd barang. he was drinking a draft too, in between getting up a freaking out everybody in the place

Nice to see that the sarky went over your head.

Interesting, however draught beers, such as Angkor, Anchor, Cambodia and ABC (black) stout, do not have any adverse effect on me and at around 75 US cents (24 baht) per glass, or cheaper, are very palatable and acceptable. There are three main breweries in Cambodia, Cambrew (Sihanoukville), 50% owned by Carlsberg, Cambodia Brewery (Kandal), 50% owned by Heineken and Khmer Brewery (Phnom Penh), 100% Cambodian owned.

16 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Do I really need to explain? Go on someone, tell him.

no one else gets it either, in fact your conversation is very similar to the guy i mentioned that was wondering around the restaurant saying random things to people. woof woof

1 hour ago, Burma Bill said:

Interesting, however draught beers, such as Angkor, Anchor, Cambodia and ABC (black) stout, do not have any adverse effect on me and at around 75 US cents (24 baht) per glass, or cheaper, are very palatable and acceptable. There are three main breweries in Cambodia, Cambrew (Sihanoukville), 50% owned by Carlsberg, Cambodia Brewery (Kandal), 50% owned by Heineken and Khmer Brewery (Phnom Penh), 100% Cambodian owned.

it tasted surprisingly good and was probably only 50c a glass. I havent had a problem with canned beer

18 minutes ago, phycokiller said:

no one else gets it either, in fact your conversation is very similar to the guy i mentioned that was wondering around the restaurant saying random things to people. woof woof

I was merely pointing out that you spelled PSYCHO in your name incorrectly.

27 minutes ago, phycokiller said:

ahh, yes, well, Ive noticed that too but what can one do? and whats a missing h between friends anyway?

No, it's the S which is missing, and the H in the wrong place. Were you by any chance imbibing some of that cheap draught beer when you registered back in 2013.

One could always re-register with a correctly spelt username and forget Mr Phycokiller.   LOL

17 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

No, it's the S which is missing, and the H in the wrong place. Were you by any chance imbibing some of that cheap draught beer when you registered back in 2013.

One could always re-register with a correctly spelt username and forget Mr Phycokiller.   LOL

Is Phitsanouluk or whatever it's called really that boring? Actually, don't bother answering that.

1 hour ago, phycokiller said:

it tasted surprisingly good and was probably only 50c a glass. I havent had a problem with canned beer

Just a thought (from previous experience as a bar person), draught beers are supplied by lines from the keg (or barrel) to the tap. These lines have to be kept clean and a chemical solution is used. Maybe some of the chemical was left in the line when re-connected and not thoroughly washed through..

1 hour ago, Essex Reject said:

Is Phitsanouluk or whatever it's called really that boring? Actually, don't bother answering that.

Is Rayong ?

Is Chelmsford...................................oh, don't bother.

5 hours ago, Foxy52 said:

Formaldehyde/formalin; it's an anti fungal preservative 

Back in the '80s that's what people said was in Singha beer.  It was famous for giving one a headache.  The safer beers to drink were Kloster and Amarit.  

The biggest problem with Amarit was if you ordered it in a coffee shop or such, chances were decent you'd get an omelette instead of a beer.  I saw it happen more than once.  TIT

12 hours ago, wgdanson said:

always much preferred sato but my memory of those years is rather hazy, I actually find it difficult to get drunk on beer, I was merely having a glass as an appetizer to my meal and wasnt expecting to have a hangover the next day

11 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Just a thought (from previous experience as a bar person), draught beers are supplied by lines from the keg (or barrel) to the tap. These lines have to be kept clean and a chemical solution is used. Maybe some of the chemical was left in the line when re-connected and not thoroughly washed through..

good point. do you happen to know what chemicals they use?

8 hours ago, phycokiller said:

good point. do you happen to know what chemicals they use?

Yes and from UK experience, a mixture of caustic and chlorinating chemicals are used. Typically Sodium Hydroxide (caustic soda) or Potassium Hydroxide with Sodium Hypochlorite. Therefore it is essential to thoroughly wash the lines with clean water afterwards before re-connecting to the keg or barrel.

Archived