UK plans to end EU freedom of movement immediately in no-deal Brexit

snoop1130

6 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I've got some bad news for you.

Brexit doesn't get the UK out of its international obligations wrt Refugees. 

If someone told you it does or that it will, you've been lied to. 

obviously didn,t read or chose to ignore my point about the haig convention,typical"remainer" tactic,as our neighbouring countries are currently stable,how can a "refugee" justify legally and morally trekking 3,000 miles across europe to seek sanctuary in the uk,we got rid of our empire decades ago.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, watcharacters said:

Mr. Sturman, an existentialist, once said there is "no justice in the universe".   I believe  he was accurate.

Correct. Another existentialist, Daniel Carlton, said, "You have to make your own justice in life". I know he is accurate.

3 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Cameron isn't the PM Boris Johnson is. Cameron's promises were consigned to the dustbin when he resigned. Did the end of democracy come when we didn't leave on March 28th? Expect an extension to the October 31st deadline, a GE in which 2 paties will pledge a confirmatory vote if elected. Then expect a Lab/Lib coalition and a confirmatory vote. The Great British public will democratically vote to remain in Europe and we can all sleep soundly knowing that the British economy hasn't been completely destroyed and we can all be friends again. I do like a happy ending.

it was a  democratic election,not a "cameron promise"."democratic vote to remain in europe"? we,ve had a democratic vote TO GET OUT.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kingdong said:

it was a  democratic election,not a "cameron promise"."democratic vote to remain in europe"? we,ve had a democratic vote TO GET OUT.

Well now we're going to have another democratic vote TO STAY IN.

It was you that said that it was a Cameron promise. Did you see his lips move?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kingdong said:

obviously didn,t read or chose to ignore my point about the haig convention,typical"remainer" tactic,as our neighbouring countries are currently stable,how can a "refugee" justify legally and morally trekking 3,000 miles across europe to seek sanctuary in the uk,we got rid of our empire decades ago.

You really have swallowed some nonsense.

Apart from anything else, you seem to be deluded regarding who got rid of whom.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Becker said:

And when the GBP drops to 20 Baht I will say "som nam na" to all those flag waving Brexiteers who reside in Thailand. You asked for it and pretty soon you're gonna have to deal with the consequences unless the whole sh!t show is cancelled and sanity reimposed.

and i,ll say power to the people,for evil to triumph it only requires good men to do nothing.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Well now we're going to have another democratic vote TO STAY IN.

It was you that said that it was a Cameron promise. Did you see his lips move?

how many more votes do you want? obviously enough till you get your own way?thats not how democracy works. "it was you that said it was a cameron promise" read my post, i didn,t say that you did if you can,t put up a sensible post,don,t bother,still why not? all you,re doing is damaging your own credibility.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You really have swallowed some nonsense.

Apart from anything else, you seem to be deluded regarding who got rid of whom.

why not address my point on the haig convention instead of throwing out childish insults?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Yes an Indian with an aunt resident in the UK has more right to live in the UK than my foreign wife.

Did you know the Indian family concerned or is that a generalisation fresh from the Sun ?

However assuming you do, when you sent that specific situation to your MP, what was the answer ?

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Handsome Gardener said:

Footnote for the racists - Brexit does not affect the European Court of Human Rights or the UK's adherence to it - you might want to think about that before you get too excited.

Which Brexiteers have said they want to break the ECHR? Perhaps you just wanted an excuse to play the racist card ????

Fyi, the ECHR secures the following (noting to do with FOM):

The right to life 

Freedom from torture 

Freedom from slavery 

The right to liberty 

The right to a fair trial 

The right not to be punished for something that wasn’t against the law at the time 

The right to respect for family and private life 

Freedom of thought, conscience and religion 

Freedom of expression 

Freedom of assembly 

The right to marry and start a family 

The right not to be discriminated against in respect of these rights 

The right to protection of property 

The right to education 

The right to participate in free elections 

The abolition of the death penalty 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

How many Brits live in Spain and France?Bye bye.After your friend Donald bought Greenland you can retire there,nice clean air and beaches

How many Brits live in Thailand , and are prolific posters about brexit topics .

I chose to leave UK.  bridges burned ..

In summary, TV forum posters have no impact , on UK politics . 

I prefer Netfix , for my idle time ...

Edited by elliss
spelling
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, elliss said:

How many Brits live in Thailand , and are prolific posters about brexit topics .

I chose to leave UK.  bridges burned ..

In summary, TV forum posters have no impact , on UK politics . 

I prefer Netfix , for my idle time ...

I don't understand, why do you read and post on Brexit threads? Nothing on Netflix?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Is that what freedom of movement means" So it has nothing to do with labor issues at all in the EU?  It's just about travel? Movement is just as free currently between the UK and Thailand as it is between the UK and France? Really?

How do you come up with this stuff?

Did you read my post? Did i mention work?

18 hours ago, NightSky said:

As long as I'm allowed back to live with my Thai wife when I want to I have no issues with it.

Although I fear that as a British tax payer even now whilst living abroad, never taken anything out and only 'put into the system',  I fear things might get much tougher if I want to take my wife to my home country to stay longer than 6 months thats if she doesn't have a degree and doesn't speak excellent English or have 65k GBP to support herself and if she has a pre existing health condition..

Whats your view on it?

For your wife to live in UK she needs a degree or 65k sterling? I find that impossible to believe.

4 minutes ago, JulesMad said:

EU should give free passage to ALL immigrants who want to go to UK for whatever reason. Free passage thru Europe will ONLY be given to immigrants with destination UK. All other immigrants will follow normal EU procedure.

They'd have to walk across the channel. Only Messiahs need apply.