Forum upgrade in progress! ×

UK plans to end EU freedom of movement immediately in no-deal Brexit

snoop1130

12 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

But did you check that all the judges and clerks there are properly elected by the British people, and it’s the sovereign U.K. parliament that makes the laws handled by ECHR? 

No, why would I? The ECHR has an entirely different structure, impact and purpose.  It is no comparison to the EU. 

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Some perspective please. You seem to forget that...

Some expats in Thailand earn in Baht. Some value their sovereignty above GDP%. Some are rich and don't care about forex.

Some will take a hit to escape the protectionist racket.

I do genuinely feel for guys that have been stung by the exchange rate but this is the future of the UK at stake. I mean for decades. This is about whether we are sovereign or a state of the EU like the equivalent of Texas to the USA.

Or, as the evidence suggests, the UK becomes a vassal state of the US.

43 minutes ago, elliss said:

How many Brits live in Thailand , and are prolific posters about brexit topics .

I chose to leave UK.  bridges burned ..

In summary, TV forum posters have no impact , on UK politics . 

I prefer Netfix , for my idle time ...

And yet here you posting a comment.

44 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

They'd have to walk across the channel. Only Messiahs need apply.

Beware …. you saw that Frenchman flying in 10 minutes crossing ? Now he need only to make a bigger one and he is is in channel crossing business for immigrants ….???? and can fly under the radar ...lol

Besides better close that Eurotunnel , as for now the French are bound to protect a fellow E.U. member …, but as becoming a third country  no more and legally they can not stop illegals to leave France , because that is written on some their documents …. x days given  to leave the country..... a nasty legal side effect ???? 

So you pick freedom of movement for the Irish border and unpick it for Calais, certainly a different approach.

Who’s picking at different borders?
I don’t restrict my picking to borders. I would pick everywhere and for everything. If its good for postBrexit UK keep it, if not ditch it.

10 hours ago, yogi100 said:

Anyone from anywhere who can get to the EU can eventually get an EU passport. At present that means they can come to the UK and avail themselves of everything that's on offer.

There is no EU passport. A Schengen visa is not valid in England, so you talk absolute rubbish.

Footnote for the racists - Brexit does not affect the European Court of Human Rights or the UK's adherence to it - you might want to think about that before you get too excited.

Never mentioned the CHR. We know the difference.
Freedom of movement stops anymore new or unregistered EU spongers. It also stops any newly minted EU spongers, who think a couple of years as Merkels million is the slow boat to UK.

EU should give free passage to ALL immigrants who want to go to UK for whatever reason. Free passage thru Europe will ONLY be given to immigrants with destination UK. All other immigrants will follow normal EU procedure.

They’ve been doing that for years already. Now it’s time to stop it. They arrive in your country and they’re yours, not for condoned trafficing to UK.

6 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Which Brexiteers have said they want to break the ECHR? Perhaps you just wanted an excuse to play the racist card ????

Fyi, the ECHR secures the following (noting to do with FOM):

The right to life 

Freedom from torture 

Freedom from slavery 

The right to liberty 

The right to a fair trial 

The right not to be punished for something that wasn’t against the law at the time 

The right to respect for family and private life 

Freedom of thought, conscience and religion 

Freedom of expression 

Freedom of assembly 

The right to marry and start a family 

The right not to be discriminated against in respect of these rights 

The right to protection of property 

The right to education 

The right to participate in free elections 

The abolition of the death penalty 

all fine in theory unfortunatly millions of economically worthless migrants have put a spanner in the works,as a lot of these "rights" have to be paid for.

2 hours ago, kingdong said:

why not look it up,i,m not  your joey.

Marvelous, so you make reference to a Hague Convention (there are many Hague Conventions), so I ask you which one and how do you think it applies, you then tell me to look it up.

You are correct, you are not my ‘joey’ you’re a troll.

Away with your nonsense references that you can’t provide a reference to.

Cant see how this would work. If the EU was to adopt this policy as well then I wonder how many Brexit voting expats in Spain will be forcefully repatriated back to the UK.  

Hopefully all that have a yearly income of less than 36K and can at least communicate more than una cerveza por favor. That will eliminate the majority of the cheap charlies

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

10 hours ago, Loiner said:

Who’s picking at different borders?
I don’t restrict my picking to borders. I would pick everywhere and for everything. If its good for postBrexit UK keep it, if not ditch it.

So you are saying you deliberately took my comment out of context, nothing new there I suppose.

16 hours ago, stephenterry said:

Time and time again I have asked how leaving the EU would benefit the man in the street? So far zilch. Because it wouldn't. Not in my lifetime, anyway. All I get is c*nts spewing out leaving is the best thing since sliced bread

Bring on a GE ASAP.

You will not get an answer other that emotional rhetoric.

The cost of going outside the UK has already gone up significantly.

Tariffs will push up the price of imported food and many other goods.

Lack of migrant labour will push up the price of domestic vegetables.

Lack of migrant labour will push the price of new builds and consequently the cost of renting.

Costs will increase in the service sector.

NHS already has staffing problems, will only get worse.

People will have to provide their own pension.

Nothing is going to benefit the man in the street, - possibly a glut in fish, cheaper fish and chips could be the answer, certainly not sliced bread.

12 hours ago, JulesMad said:

EU should give free passage to ALL immigrants who want to go to UK for whatever reason. Free passage thru Europe will ONLY be given to immigrants with destination UK. All other immigrants will follow normal EU procedure.

You really ought get the facts right. Of course it is in the brexiteers interest to make out that the EU is responsible for the UK not making better use of the EU legislation that is available.

The lack of a surge in migrants from the two EU countries after seven years of transitional controls were lifted on 1 January 2014 confounds predictions by Ukip’s Nigel Farage and others that 5,000 Romanians and Bulgarians would arrive “each week, every week” for several years.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/dec/30/no-surge-romanian-bulgarian-migrants-controls-lifted

4 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Marvelous, so you make reference to a Hague Convention (there are many Hague Conventions), so I ask you which one and how do you think it applies, you then tell me to look it up.

You are correct, you are not my ‘joey’ you’re a troll.

Away with your nonsense references that you can’t provide a reference to.

And here's me thinking it was a whisky convention.

50 minutes ago, sandyf said:

You will not get an answer other that emotional rhetoric.

The cost of going outside the UK has already gone up significantly.

Tariffs will push up the price of imported food and many other goods.

Lack of migrant labour will push up the price of domestic vegetables.

Lack of migrant labour will push the price of new builds and consequently the cost of renting.

Costs will increase in the service sector.

NHS already has staffing problems, will only get worse.

People will have to provide their own pension.

Nothing is going to benefit the man in the street, - possibly a glut in fish, cheaper fish and chips could be the answer, certainly not sliced bread.

I agree. There is never an explanation because fundamentally the real reason is a pathological and unsubstantiated distrusts of Johnny foreigner. They hate being called racist or xenophobic but that's the real driving force behind the typical Brexiters rhetoric. There is literally no other reason as if you look at the facts; from the Working Time Directive, to the championing of better working conditions to women's equality, to global warming initiatives, clean air acts and the pushing of minimum wages throughout it's member states, this EU 'Federal State' that your typical Brexiter wants so desperately to demonize has done more for the man on the street than any UK government has in an awful long time.

'We voted leave and that's what democracy demands!' sounds much better than 'I've been racist/xenophobic/Islamophobic all my life and this gets me what I want'. 

I have called out many a Brexiter on this forum when they have slipped their mask (have a look at my Post 192 on this thread) and shown their true identity but it never matters. They continue on in with their uninspiring rhetoric and pseudo facts, cheering on the upper class as they literally drive the UK off an economic cliff. 

They have seen their UK pensions dwindle as the pound slowly but surely collapses. They are seeing every major economist warn of the disaster of a no-deal. You see health leaders warning of chaos. The NHS stockpiling medicines and desperate about staffing levels. The CBI and TUC all warning about a no-deal Brexit yet they just don't care passing it off as 'Project Fear".. as long as those pesky foreigners are kept out, and the Federalist Superstate is brought to heel, economic and social disaster is a small price to pay.

I'm done with them and their selfish, myopic idiocy. There's no changing them. There's no real debate. The will quite happily let the UK burn for generations to come because of right-wing propaganda that played perfectly to their echo chambers. I only wish they would at least have the guts to admit it.

3 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

I'm done with them and their selfish, myopic idiocy. There's no changing them. There's no real debate. The will quite happily let the UK burn for generations to come because of right-wing propaganda that played perfectly to their echo chambers. I only wish they would at least have the guts to admit it.

Got it in a nutshell. I'm sure they all realise now what a disaster Brexit would be. However having nailed their Brexit flags to the mast and shouted it from the rooftops, they are now exhibiting their own special brand of Thai "face". Blaming anyone but themselves and attacking in numbers anyone who shows them up for what they are are other traits that could have been borrowed from a Thai.

Don't expect them to come on TV and admit their mistake, due to the extreme embarrasment, they probably can't even admit it to themselves. Just expect more meaningless rhetoric and personal attacks on anyone who dares to speak the truth.

22 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Got it in a nutshell. I'm sure they all realise now what a disaster Brexit would be. However having nailed their Brexit flags to the mast and shouted it from the rooftops, they are now exhibiting their own special brand of Thai "face". Blaming anyone but themselves and attacking in numbers anyone who shows them up for what they are are other traits that could have been borrowed from a Thai.

Don't expect them to come on TV and admit their mistake, due to the extreme embarrasment, they probably can't even admit it to themselves. Just expect more meaningless rhetoric and personal attacks on anyone who dares to speak the truth.

Don't worry ….Merkel gave him 30 day's notice….and now on his way to his second rebuff...by Macron , maybe this one give him only 14 day's notice ...????

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/21/merkel-gives-johnson-30-days-to-find-solution-to-avoid-no-deal-brexit

Merkel gives Johnson 30 days to find solution to avoid no-deal Brexit

Macron rules out renegotiating Brexit deal, as French see no deal as ‘most likely outcome’

more...

11 minutes ago, david555 said:

Don't worry ….Merkel gave him 30 day's notice….and now on his way to his second rebuff...by Macron , maybe this one give him only 14 day's notice ...????

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/21/merkel-gives-johnson-30-days-to-find-solution-to-avoid-no-deal-brexit

Merkel gives Johnson 30 days to find solution to avoid no-deal Brexit

Macron rules out renegotiating Brexit deal, as French see no deal as ‘most likely outcome’

more...

I can't imagine any reason why Macron would wish to put an obstacle in the way of finding a workable solution to the Irish backstop.

Only a "Turd" would be obstructive for any other petty reason. 

1 minute ago, St George said:

I can't imagine any reason why Macron would wish to put an obstacle in the way of finding a workable solution to the Irish backstop.

Only a "Turd" would be obstructive for any other petty reason. 

"Only a "Turd" would be obstructive for any other petty reason." 

That's the best opening line for to become something sir .., you are a real diplomat , Trump worthy ????

BTW any other petty reason could be that E.U. is getting fed up with it…..

Archived