Ok, Forget Apartments, What About Cheap Hotels.

acoolbreeze

I'm looking for a cheap hotel on Suk or down one of its Soi's that is under 800 baht and meets the following requirements. I know there are heaps of them, but I need names and locations from people who have stayed there or atleast seen them. Oh, and I'm aware of Suk 11 and The Atlanta.

* A room that is bigger than a cupboard.

* Private bathroom, with occassional hot water.

* A low cockroach count.

* Has a tv that picks up more than 3 perfectly tuned channels that show Thai soaps and gameshows....even though the channels may be blurry.

* Provides towells that you can't see through and are bigger than hand/face cloths.

* Provides soap that is bigger than a box of matches and that don't disintegrate instantly with water or soap that actually creates a lather.

* Air con that is quieter than a freight train and blows cool air.

* Has a window, even though it may look out into an alleyway or airshaft.

* Isn't located above a bar, or requires you to walk through a bar to access the rooms.

* Doesn't have a lobby full of bar girls lurking about.

* Has walls that go all the way to the roof, don't wobble when you close the door, and is soundproof from the room three doors down the hall.

Am I asking too much?

Cheers.

I answered this on another website earlier but sounds like the same person. So if you missed it, here it is again: Rose Inn, Sukuhmvit soi 3 right before you get to the klong on the right side. Actually if you come in Soi 3 from Petchburi Road as soon as you go over the klong it will be on your left. I never stayed there but did take a look at the rooms. They were ok with TV, fridge, AC and private bath. Tel: 02 6551591-3. Last year when I looked they told me B490/600. Seemed to be a rather seedy mix of guests staying there, from what I could tell.

I'm looking for a cheap hotel on Suk or down one of its Soi's that is under 800 baht and meets the following requirements. I know there are heaps of them, but I need names and locations from people who have stayed there or atleast seen them. Oh, and I'm aware of Suk 11 and The Atlanta.

* A low cockroach count.

* Has a tv that picks up more than 3 perfectly tuned channels that show Thai soaps and gameshows....even though the channels may be blurry.

* Provides towells that you can't see through and are bigger than hand/face cloths.

* Provides soap that is bigger than a box of matches and that don't disintegrate instantly with water or soap that actually creates a lather.

* Isn't located above a bar, or requires you to walk through a bar to access the rooms.

* Has walls that go all the way to the roof, don't wobble when you close the door, and is soundproof from the room three doors down the hall.

Business Inn on Soi 11 they've got two hotels one on each side of the road plus the more expensive Business Grande, rooms are from 800 a night I've stopped there for the last 15 years when in Bangkok no problems plus they now seem to be updating it.

Am I asking too much?

Cheers.

* A low cockroach count.

Am I asking too much?

Cheers.

Check out the Honey Hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 19. Next to bottom level might be in your range. Meets most of your requirements and they have a pool too! Not far from the Skytrain stop. They sometimes give discounts for longer stays.