"Bow down to me!" incident: Oops - they're all drunk!

webfact

"Bow down to me!" incident: Oops - they're all drunk!

4pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Muang Krabi police who arrived at the scene of a collision between two motorcycles on Saturday night saw a man ordering another man to get down on his knees and "graap thao". 

The driver of the motorcycle with sidecar refused to apologize in this manner so his relative took over the bowing duties and got down on her hands and knees. 

However, this failed to end the argument and police decided to take the two men into the police station. 

They were both found to be drunk and were booked for DUI. 

Sunee Sa-art, 43, said she decided to bow down to the other man instead to end the standoff but it didn't work. The man who had been ordered to "graap" was her brother-in-law. 

There was no damage to the bikes but they ended up being charged for DUI, she said.

Thaivisa notes  that Graap Thao is a gesture of apology, contrition or thanks in which a person puts their head to the floor at the feet of another person. 

It is considered more powerful than a mere "wai". 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-08-26

49 minutes ago, webfact said:

Thaivisa notes  that Graap Thao is a gesture of apology, contrition or thanks in which a person puts their head to the floor at the feet of another person. 

I thought "Graap Thao" only was done by someone to drunk to do a regular "wai"

5 hours ago, Farangwithaplan said:

What unit of measurement is the Wai and Graap Thao measured in?

And how many Wais to the Graap Thao?

It's really impossible to quantify these things in terms of imperial or metric. Let me put it this way - cheat on a bar girl with a fellow bar girl, better wai. Cheat similarly on a wife, prepare to graap. 

Rooster

3 minutes ago, Jane Dough said:

It's really impossible to quantify these things in terms of imperial or metric. Let me put it this way - cheat on a bar girl with a fellow bar girl, better wai. Cheat similarly on a wife, prepare to graap. 

Rooster

Well that has just confused me even more. How many bar girls to a wife?

This is all too much ????

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Look, up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's Superman! Faster than a streak of lightning, More powerful than the pounding surf, Mightier than a roaring hurricane,

Maybe Supes should just have learned to wai to stop that evil Lex !

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

this happens out in front of my house sometimes.

"Thaivisa notes  that Graap Thao is a gesture of apology, contrition or thanks in which a person puts their head to the floor at the feet of another person. "

Hope you wash your smelling feet before?

Archived