Britain's Queen could be asked to suspend parliament on Wednesday: BBC journalist

webfact

1 minute ago, Handsome Gardener said:

wow - even with google at your fingertips…..

little EU is THE largest trading bloc on your planet (larger than China) for exports

Large means being able to offer concessions, discounts, incentives, preferential terms over lets say much much smaller players ….like the UK will be.

We have enough of experts and immigrants - LEAVE MEANS LEAVE.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About Her Majesty the Queen, could some well informed, possibly unbiased, UK citizen(s), tell me what stopped Her from, while respecting all of the numerous limitations imposed to Her (making the floor markings on a multi-sport field very easy), and so staying well inside the boundaries of her Royal prerogatives from: declaring to the media after dismissing the BJ brexiteers' gang invading her at Balmoral, that She had received the notice they served in good order, would thorougly examine it, gaining advice from representants of essential elements of the British democratical and legal system, and take an appropriate decision about the matter in the best delays, and communicate it to Her government and the press?

...And, maybe, wait till the end of September to agree to close Parliament for ten days or so...?

10 hours ago, <deleted> dasterdly said:

My main concern is that whilst this tactic should hopefully work well to stop remainer MPs from forcing yet another delay, and also ensure that the EU realises that they need to start genuinely negotiating - it may well also result in Boris bringing back the EU/May agreement with just a few alterations to the 'backstop' - which he will then claim as a 'triumph'.....

The 'new' agreement would then most likely be accepted (with great relief....) by parliament, even if it still included paying 37bn with no trade agreement etc. etc. ☹️

Brilliant - did you come up with that all by yourself given Johnson has already stated (along with Cummings) that the backstop is the ONLY issue they have an issue with !

About Her Majesty the Queen, could some well informed, possibly unbiased, UK citizen(s), tell me what stopped Her from, while respecting all of the numerous limitations imposed to Her (making the floor markings on a multi-sport field very easy), and so staying well inside the boundaries of her Royal prerogatives from: declaring to the media after dismissing the BJ brexiteers' gang invading her at Balmoral, that She had received the notice they served in good order, would thorougly examine it, gaining advice from representants of essential elements of the British democratical and legal system, and take an appropriate decision about the matter in the best delays, and communicate it to Her government and the press?
...And, maybe, wait till the end of September to agree to close Parliament for ten days or so...?
It is not for HM to make a decision outside of precedent. If BJ is to be stopped, then Parliament will have to put together a majority to do so.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

8 hours ago, JamesBlond said:

Remainers need to calm down and, ideally, get a grip. Especially if they are unhappy.

We know what happens when losers don't accept elections. The system grinds to a halt. There is no way forward. The country becomes a laughing stock. Everyone feels like sh*t. This is the worst possible situation. That's why losers must always accept defeat, in referendums, as in elections, as in cricket.

Be British and accept the vote. We are leaving the EU. If you still don't accept it, then you are not being British and your opinion is thereby worthless.

Becomes ? You don't think Brexit has resulted in the UK being a laughing stock ? Seriously ?

Immigrants, immigrants, immigrants - crikey thank god I don't have to live inside your hate-filled head. Leavers at least this racist is honest enough to admit it that he's an indiscriminating racist - my wife is an immigrant in the UK let's send her back eh.  Under the dark leave stone lie a lot of very ugly things.
They are not under the stone any more in Brexiteerland.

28 minutes ago, bangrak said:

She would have been flayed by the farages of this world, and on here by the resident goon squad.  But more seriously it is based in the history of the country.  You have to think of the time when parliament replaced a king as the authority.

Edit: to add:  I'm sure all we Brits know all about it, but for others there is a little more information about where it all came from at wiki:

State Opening of Parliament[edit]

Black Rod is best known for his or her part in the ceremonies surrounding the State Opening of Parliament and the Speech from the throne. He or she summons the Commons to attend the speech and leads them to the Lords. As part of the ritual, as Black Rod approaches the doors to the chamber of the House of Commons to make his summons, they are slammed in his or her face. This is to symbolize the Commons' independence of the Sovereign. Black Rod then strikes the door three times with the staff, and is then admitted and issues the summons of the monarch to attend.[5]

This ritual is derived from the attempt by King Charles I to arrest the Five Members in 1642, in what was seen as a breach of the constitution. This and prior actions of the King led to the Civil War. After that incident, the House of Commons has maintained its right to question the right of the monarch's representative to enter their chamber, although they cannot bar them from entering with lawful authority.

39 minutes ago, bangrak said:

I won't ask you any question, you've told enough here already to have a quite clear idea about your person and motivations, making an exchange of personal ideas and balanced opinions, alas, quite impossible, because of the lack of such. But I will possibly react on posts of yours which may insult my (small bit of) intellect. Sad to say that, TG in the past, it were people like you political Darvish à-la BJ based on to start wars, while oddly (not so) seldom fighting in any...

That's easy for you to say.

19 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

It is not for HM to make a decision outside of precedent. If BJ is to be stopped, then Parliament will have to put together a majority to do so.

I thank you for your reaction, but it is no answer on my specific question: could Her Majesty, yes or no, have had the choice to react in the way I described, while remianing inside the boundaries of Her Royal prerogatives (though the UK not benefitting from the clarity brought by the text of a Constitution it might not be easy to give a circumstanciated answer to it, same as the, disputable, mandatory aspect, of the brexit referendum's results).

Apologise for this, so the Brexit hysteria continues however in short a very interesting couple of days, Remainers try to thwart Brexit by the undemocratic method of Remain Political Party leaders plotting to take over Parliament and halt a No Deal Brexit, or as they are all Remainers their real intent is to stop Brexit.

Boris fights back and uses ending the session of Parliament to have a Queens speech on the future direction of his Government (Perfectly Legal) and the Remain plotters are apoplectic, shouting that it is undemocratic. Hahahaha!

They have been outmaneuvered by Boris, he holds all the cards with the Queen giving her authority.

The plotters who oppose Brexit are now threatening court action and still attempting to use the remain Commons speaker John Bercow to overrule Boris.

Firstly: any court case is unlikely to get very far as it would be seen as interfering in Politics, and if it did succeed Boris could ignore it as unconstitutional.

It will not stop Gina Millar trying though.

Also, If Parliament with the assistance of biased Bercow takes over the order paper and tries to force Boris not to leave with No Deal, it would have to get through the House of Lords and as the Tory Remain leader Lord Young has now stood down. A Brexit leader will take over and will not do a deal like Lord Young did a few Months ago allowing the Cooper/Letwin plot to be rushed through, a Filibuster would be used to run out the time and the motion would be defeated.

Thus, if the plotters decided to call a vote of No Confidence in the Government Boris could close down Parliament and call for a GE in November or by sitting on his hands for 14 days and then calling for a GE, preventing an interim Corbyn led Government, both outcomes would pass the 31/10/2019 which means the UK leaves the EU by default!!

It appears Boris could have all the cards, the EU is now getting scared and as they are unwilling to give the UK a fair, constructive & mutually benifitual deal, it looks like the UK will leave on the 31/10/2019 on No Deal, or the EU buckles and gives us a good deal with no ties!!!

I fully expect people to disagree, others have a broad depth of knowledge, background and contacts to say otherwise however Brussels UK punishment plan has gone some what Pete Tong.

(Some Extracts taken from alternative sources)

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, citybiker said:

Apologise for this, so the Brexit hysteria continues however in short a very interesting couple of days, Remainers try to thwart Brexit by the undemocratic method of Remain Political Party leaders plotting to take over Parliament and halt a No Deal Brexit, or as they are all Remainers their real intent is to stop Brexit.

Boris fights back and uses ending the session of Parliament to have a Queens speech on the future direction of his Government (Perfectly Legal) and the Remain plotters are apoplectic, shouting that it is undemocratic. Hahahaha!

They have been outmaneuvered by Boris, he holds all the cards with the Queen giving her authority.

The plotters who oppose Brexit are now threatening court action and still attempting to use the remain Commons speaker John Bercow to overrule Boris.

Firstly: any court case is unlikely to get very far as it would be seen as interfering in Politics, and if it did succeed Boris could ignore it as unconstitutional.

It will not stop Gina Millar trying though.

Also, If Parliament with the assistance of biased Bercow takes over the order paper and tries to force Boris not to leave with No Deal, it would have to get through the House of Lords and as the Tory Remain leader Lord Young has now stood down. A Brexit leader will take over and will not do a deal like Lord Young did a few Months ago allowing the Cooper/Letwin plot to be rushed through, a Filibuster would be used to run out the time and the motion would be defeated.

Thus, if the plotters decided to call a vote of No Confidence in the Government Boris could close down Parliament and call for a GE in November or by sitting on his hands for 14 days and then calling for a GE, preventing an interim Corbyn led Government, both outcomes would pass the 31/10/2019 which means the UK leaves the EU by default!!

It appears Boris could have all the cards, the EU is now getting scared and as they are unwilling to give the UK a fair, constructive & mutually benifitual deal, it looks like the UK will leave on the 31/10/2019 on No Deal, or the EU buckles and gives us a good deal with no ties!!!

I fully expect people to disagree, others have a broad depth of knowledge, background and contacts to say otherwise however Brussels UK punishment plan has gone some what Pete Tong.

(Some Extracts taken from alternative sources)

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

Could I just say I like your avatar - the Union makes us strong. 

30 minutes ago, bangrak said:

I thank you for your reaction, but it is no answer on my specific question: could Her Majesty, yes or no, have had the choice to react in the way I described, while remianing inside the boundaries of Her Royal prerogatives (though the UK not benefitting from the clarity brought by the text of a Constitution it might not be easy to give a circumstanciated answer to it, same as the, disputable, mandatory aspect, of the brexit referendum's results).

The theoretical choice is there but in this context no. You have to go by precedent. When was the last time a monarch ignored such a request?

HM does not do wriggle room.

1 hour ago, bangrak said:

Simply not her role, job or duty to act as you have described. It could lead to the end of the monarchy. And our Madge knows which side her toast is buttered on!

2 hours ago, bangrak said:

Just a few, though 'colourfull', examples about the British always(!) having been attempting to impose their selfish will on Europe, in each of the following, the UK's 'victory' was the result of a blatant blackmail(!) over other, more important issues:

1) Making the manufactoring of raw milk based cheese illegal in the EU (with an odd few very limited exceptions, most in France), so-called for health issues and other blah-blah, making no sense at all. Reason: protect and promote the very large British dairy companies producing cheese. N.B.: the Stilton 'bootlegging' activity was a consequence of.

2) Making the use of other fat than cacao mass authorised in chocalate. Reason: this had been barred ever before in the EU, ...but the UK's sweets' industry (the, then, Cadbury, anyone?), which was, in contravention, already using such 'ersatz' in many of its products (with very 'creative' names) wanted it changed.

3) Making Rosé wine by mixing white wine with red wine(*), that was always rejected the EU rules, but... The UK's powerful winemakers and merchants wanted it changed, for... profit, and it became the new, non-sensical, rule (*some exceptions existed, like f.i. Rosé Champagne, which was since its conception the assembling of a white base with some Pinot Noir red wine).

The list is so long, 'I, myself and me' the UK's modus, never ever, entering into fraternising, or any union!

On 8/28/2019 at 10:56 AM, david555 said:

Now this is corn on Jeremy Corbyn 's mill  for a vote of no confidence …..change of plans J.C....

When Corbyn would NOT insist to be the next (temporary) PM, the discussion would be over already and Boris playing somewhere..

19 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

When Corbyn would NOT insist to be the next (temporary) PM, the discussion would be over already and Boris playing somewhere..

yes , but that count for the other opposition party's too , if they do not work together, "you know in our country's the saying about "when two dogs fighting for a bone ...the third one (dog )…..etc 

It's a pity SinFein does not take their seats in H.O.C.     I would like to see the DUP faces ….

1 hour ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Too right. So called liberals and progressives are the new bigots and fanatics. The snowflakes are influenced by hard line ideological marxists and associate groups who hate Britain,  its culture and history. 

Kerching Alf Garnett alert - but one where they don't appreciate the irony. Another quote on the Farage Show  - Boris is polishing May's tu&d.  The saintly Farage even joked #remainersforthewithdrawalagreement and Bojo said to Tusk if you remove the backstop then the rest is satisfactory.

yes , but that count for the other opposition party's too , if they do not work together, "you know in our country's the saying about "when two dogs fighting for a bone ...the third one (dog )…..etc 
It's a pity SinFein does not take their seats in H.O.C.     I would like to see the DUP faces ….
It has already been pointed out to SF that their absence is daft in terms of the Ireland border issue currently being played out.

16 hours ago, Katipo said:

My acquaintances who carry on about "England for the English", but barely have a valid argument beyond that how Brexit will actually benefit the nation. The irony is that these people have all left the UK to live in a foreign country themselves (I could also add they tend to be less educated and/or from lower socio-economic backgrounds, and are loudly vocal from their barstools).

Going through the comments above just seems to reinforce this view.

I wonder if in the few years, when the pound has dropped further, the elderly are paying for their TV licences, the NHS has been all but dismantled, and foreign investment is but a trickle, who they will blame for the country's predicament? It certainly won't be themselves.

As someone on these Brexit threads, who actually lives here in the U.K.

you are very,very,mistaken. We know how it will benefit OUR nation. And if that upsets citizens of the E.u. Then that’s your problem, until you smell the coffee.

9FA562A0-7C36-4B3C-B524-3CF11D133ED9.jpeg

16 minutes ago, nontabury said:

you are very,very,mistaken. We know how it will benefit OUR nation. And if that upsets citizens of the E.u. Then that’s your problem, until you smell the coffee.

9FA562A0-7C36-4B3C-B524-3CF11D133ED9.jpeg

you are very,very,mistaken. We know how it will destroy OUR nation. And if that upsets citizens of the E.u. Then that’s  a reflection of our narrow minded . xenophobic intolerance and bad JRM angering grammar nazi , meme filching nonsense - that WE CHOOSE TO BELEAVE. 

Archived