Britain's Queen could be asked to suspend parliament on Wednesday: BBC journalist

webfact

2 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

thanks for the update....interesting to see the majority of the conservatives suffering (all at the same time) from short memory loss syndrome

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Maybe you haven't been around on these threads or leading up to the referendum.  This man said it countless time. Do you know him?

Leaving the single market was project fear remember?

Scotland is unusual in that it is the people who are sovereign not the monarch. It is a law in Scotland that the monarch is not allowed to do anything which brings harm upon the country.

By allowing Johnson to suspend parliament to prevent objections to a no deal exit she has effectively brought harm.

Will be interesting to see what the verdict is. 

Scotland is correct, monarch(s) should not be allowed to do anything to warm the people/country.... that's democracy

As someone on these Brexit threads, who actually lives here in the U.K.
you are very,very,mistaken. We know how it will benefit OUR nation. And if that upsets citizens of the E.u. Then that’s your problem, until you smell the coffee.

9FA562A0-7C36-4B3C-B524-3CF11D133ED9.jpeg.334ff69a7e9f73a608017e905f18b6c7.jpeg
Notwithstanding the pompous tub-thumping, Hard Brexiteers can witter on all day about controlling borders, but actually abandon their posts when it comes to the Irish border. Wilfully blind is the strategy.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Here is one of many quotes:

During the recent Tory leadership contest, the health secretary, Matt Hancock, said the idea of suspending parliament “goes against everything those men who waded onto those beaches fought & died for – and I will not have it”.

wow what a find that is - I've checked the papers for the last few days and cannot find any news of his resignation ? 

Perhaps being an odious spineless little twerp means he doesn't have to - how on earth can you carry on your job after a quote like that after this week ?!

Scotland is unusual in that it is the people who are sovereign not the monarch. It is a law in Scotland that the monarch is not allowed to do anything which brings harm upon the country.

By allowing Johnson to suspend parliament to prevent objections to a no deal exit she has effectively brought harm.

Will be interesting to see what the verdict is. 

It would be absolutely hilarious/beautiful if the Scots threw a spanner into Bojo's wheels. Hell I would break out my Lena Zavaroni albums !

However the bookies still make a no-confidence vote (successful) followed by an extension then a GE as the most likely outcome.

4 minutes ago, Handsome Gardener said:

wow what a find that is - I've checked the papers for the last few days and cannot find any news of his resignation ? 

Perhaps being an odious spineless little twerp means he doesn't have to - how on earth can you carry on your job after a quote like that after this week ?!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/29/then-and-now-what-senior-tories-say-about-proroguing-parliament
June 6, 2019

Giving a speech during the campaign four days later, Hancock referenced war veterans saying that proroguing parliament would go against “everything that those men who waded onto those beaches fought and died for”. He added: “And I will not have it.”

5 minutes ago, Handsome Gardener said:

It gets worse:

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/amber-rudd-matt-hancock-nicky-morgan-parliament-suspend-johnson-brexit-a9083576.html

Savid Javid Chancellor of the Exchequer: “you don’t deliver on democracy by trashing our democracy”, adding “we are not selecting a dictator”.

Amber Rudd, Work and Pensions Secratary: “I think it’s outrageous to consider proroguing parliament. We are not Stuart kings.”

Another from Stuart Hankock: “proroguing parliament undermines parliamentary democracy” and also said “to suspend parliament explicitly to pursue a course of action against its wishes is not a serious policy of a prime minister in the 21st century”. 

32 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Before getting your 'far right' paintbrush too wet and slapping it about like Rolf ('Can-yer-tell-wot-it-is-yet?') Harris I suggest you apply safety catch, dress back to 300 & have a good think as to how many of the people you're about to tar and and feather are (happily) married in Thailand (hint-hint) & have dual national kids...

Thank you for emphasising the irony I was addressing. Appreciate it. 

(I made a fair few quid out of Rolf's limited edition stuff years back - was a nice little earner)

14 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

It gets worse:

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/amber-rudd-matt-hancock-nicky-morgan-parliament-suspend-johnson-brexit-a9083576.html

Savid Javid Chancellor of the Exchequer: “you don’t deliver on democracy by trashing our democracy”, adding “we are not selecting a dictator”.

Amber Rudd, Work and Pensions Secratary: “I think it’s outrageous to consider proroguing parliament. We are not Stuart kings.”

Another from Stuart Hankock: “proroguing parliament undermines parliamentary democracy” and also said “to suspend parliament explicitly to pursue a course of action against its wishes is not a serious policy of a prime minister in the 21st century”. 

So essentially this proves beyond any doubt that the unelected Dominic Cummings IS running the show for his unelected boss - UK democracy has never been in safer hands !

33 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Leaving the single market was project fear remember?

And none of them was PM who sent everyone a leaflet clearly explaining what leaving the EU meant and consistently reported it on TV. 3 years on and remainers still can't accept the truth never mind a democratic referendum result.

You are embarrassing yourself.

1 minute ago, Handsome Gardener said:

So essentially this proves beyond any doubt that the unelected Dominic Cummings IS running the show for his unelected boss - UK democracy has never been in safer hands !

Well it certainly ain't MPs running the show, Labour or Conservative.

2 minutes ago, Handsome Gardener said:

I was about to open the link and saw the independent, the most biased non independent online rag around. So what you are saying is that this is exactly like Ollie Robbins and Theresa May. mmm

Is was okay for them two though wasn't it. Smacks of hypocrisy there.

1 minute ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I was about to open the link and saw the independent, the most biased non independent online rag around. So what you are saying is that this is exactly like Ollie Robbins and Theresa May. mmm

The only Independent links quoted were direct quotes from senior Conservative MP's no loony leftie opinions involved.

Sorry you find it hard to take the opinions of your own party's MPs. Maybe you should join Labour? 555

10 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

And none of them was PM who sent everyone a leaflet clearly explaining what leaving the EU meant and consistently reported it on TV. 3 years on and remainers still can't accept the truth never mind a democratic referendum result.

How does that matter - you're clutching at extremely bendy straws - why have 650 MP's if only one matters ? You think they don't talk to each other? That PM's make sole decisions with no consultation at all - who's embarrassing themselves now ?

3 years on from a vote that would now not happen - I understand your frustration at getting this over the line but apply brain before engaging keyboard.

A referendum NOW would have the leave vote slaughtered, but lets live in 2016 when just 25% of the population voted for something with zero to go on. Intelligent.

16 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

????????????

Oh that is pure quality.

20 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

So Cameron was right and all the leave campaign leaders were tilling lies? No-one is saying were are leaving the single market. We would be just like Norway and Switzerland.

Thats what you have basically just admitted too. 

Embarrassing eh?

15 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

So now the independent, I thought it was the Guardian that was bias, or was it YouTube, oh hang on Reuters is as well right, and lets not forget YouGov, every industry related paper will be bias too as they're all against it, farmers weekly, bias, 99% of the worlds economists bias, wow it must be tiring knowing all these organisations are bias - I think you need to either a) up the paranoia prescription or b) accept that as the popular will is not to leave now, that these people are probably, talking sense. I'm not sure I haven't read a paper for years.

Take a day off, grab a beer, take some of it in, you might get that light bulb moment and understand why you're in the minority....

1 minute ago, Handsome Gardener said:

So now the independent, I thought it was the Guardian that was bias, or was it YouTube, oh hang on Reuters is as well right, and lets not forget YouGov, every industry related paper will be bias too as they're all against it, farmers weekly, bias, 99% of the worlds economists bias, wow it must be tiring knowing all these organisations are bias - I think you need to either a) up the paranoia prescription or b) accept that as the popular will is not to leave now, that these people are probably, talking sense. I'm not sure I haven't read a paper for years.

Take a day off, grab a beer, take some of it in, you might get that light bulb moment and understand why you're in the minority....

It's ok your revolution has begun, Tom Harwood has just passed 10 Dowing St and he said he saw 6 remainers hitting something with a spoon whilst waving the EU flag. Boris must be really worried.????????

1 hour ago, Handsome Gardener said:

He works now for BJ. What do you expect?

And there are many quotes like that in that article. 

3 minutes ago, Forethat said:

All comments regarding Boris Johnson being an UNELECTED Prime Minister...

Just for the fun of it I'd like to ask those who are involved in that sort of quasi discussion, to name the last PM who was in fact elected?

Theresa May, 08.06.2017.

Archived