Last year's law regarding the utilities' cap - enforcement Qs

Hi All

how isthis law ernforced? Who enforces it? (For >4 units, landlords must pass on actual costs, like <4 THB per kw/h.

Q1: what are you paying?

Q2: I've had stubborn landlords, ripping me 0ff with impunity. 9 THB @ kw/h, with a written notice or written in a contract signed after the law has been established.

Q3: What about the "no lease" issue combined with yet another rip off? Getting charged more than double and there is no lease. Suddenly, you will be shown the door when you complasin.

Has anyone heard or witnessed the enforcement of the new law??

It is more than 5 units. It really would be interesting to know what happened with this great law. Where can one complain? Did anyone here successfully reduce the charged rate with the help of this law? We have several rental companies here at my condo complex. Not a single one cared. They still charge up to 9 Baht. 

Well, add to the more than doubling of the actual rate per kw/h the usual "meter misreading" games. Before this law, a hotel had their meters installed high up, out of reach. The thousands they charged for a modern refrigerator and a brand new SAMSUN aircon for the small bedroom build inside the living room, couldn't have been possibly accurate.

I was working and wouldn't leave the air con on when at work...

Oh well, hope to hear from someone who somehow benefited from this law. And how that has been accomplished.

My landlords have complied since the law was promulgated early last year, and I now pay about half to two-thirds what I used to pay for electricity.

If the OP is concerned and wishes to take the matter further, speak to the farang complaints hotline 1111. He should just make sure, before doing so, that whatever results is not going to impinge on the tranquility of his life in Thailand.

Archived