Collapse us if you can, government dares Brexit opponents

Jonathan Fairfield

2 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Opinion polls mean nothing. They are invariably paid for and made by sources with an agenda to push. 

We have already had the referendum. Another one is not necessary. We all know why Brexiteers don't want another one is because we don't need one and don't need to pander to the wails of the Remainers.

Remainers only want one because it would be their last chance to lie, cheat and fiddle the result to something they didn't manage to achieve last time. Over the past three years, they've put so much unsuccessful effort into ignoring the last result that there's no end to the lengths and dirty tricks they would go to given another referendum opportunity.  

Regardless, the govt won't risk it again anyway.

All the evidence shows that it was the leave campaign which did the lying, cheating and fiddling during the 2016 campaign. That it was the leave campaigners who resorted to dirty tricks.

So much so that the High Court has ruled that had the referendum been binding rather than advisory then they would call the result null and void.

Watch lawyer explain Brexit vote would be void for corruption if only it was binding…

"Brexit Referendum Was Corruptly Won, But Result Stands Thanks To Loophole"

You are correct in saying that opinion polls can't be trusted, though many Brexiteers treat them as Holy Writ if they 'prove' what Brexiteers believe!

Yes, this current Government won't risk another referendum, especially a binding one, for the same reason that Brexiteers are afraid of one.

6 minutes ago, Basil B said:

As much as I hate to see Corbyn in No 10 clearly he will not do as much damage to this country than the currant incumbent.

What Boris is doing is scuttling the only sizeable Opposition to the Labour Party.

Boris has put the conservative party back on the map, he is very popular in the country despite what remainers think of him, the Tories are streets ahead of all the other parties, Boris is doing and saying the right things at the moment, much to the consternation of the remainers, he's the man.????

Screenshot_2019-08-31-19-39-37-692.jpeg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, vogie said:

Your poll is asking a totally different question.

It's the same poll I linked to, and it is asking the same question in a slightly different way.

The only difference is that your poll has extend article 50 to obtain a deal as an option and the other one doesn't.

Are you now saying that extending Article 50 is an option you favour?

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

Boris has put the conservative party back on the map, he is very popular in the country despite what remainers think of him, the Tories are streets ahead of all the other parties, Boris is doing and saying the right things at the moment, much to the consternation of the remainers, he's the man.????

Screenshot_2019-08-31-19-39-37-692.jpeg

5 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

You ( @Loiner) are correct in saying that opinion polls can't be trusted, though many Brexiteers treat them as Holy Writ if they 'prove' what Brexiteers believe!

QED!

Opinion polls mean nothing. They are invariably paid for and made by sources with an agenda to push. 
We have already had the referendum. Another one is not necessary. We all know why Brexiteers don't want another one is because we don't need one and don't need to pander to the wails of the Remainers.
Remainers only want one because it would be their last chance to lie, cheat and fiddle the result to something they didn't manage to achieve last time. Over the past three years, they've put so much unsuccessful effort into ignoring the last result that there's no end to the lengths and dirty tricks they would go to given another referendum opportunity.  
And that is why the Govt needs to be brought down next week to stop the no-deal loons.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If the opposition or remainers want to win then Mogg is right, collapse the government if you can and force a GE. Taking this to court probably isn't the right way forward as the courts and judges are concerned with law, not politics, and probably are very wary of getting involved or setting a historic change here, as then every controversial political decision will end up bogged down in the courts and there will be paralysis. What is happening may well be "politically unconventional" but it is not legally so. The ex-supreme UK justice has said today there is a very strong case for the courts to stay out of this and for parliament/MPs to sort it out as there is nothing too legally relevant going on. The queen is obliged to do what a PM says, so it is nothing to do with her, and she is smart enough to do as she is told. 

Edited by Brigand
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, lungbing said:

Two of them are my current MP, Soubry, and my previous one, Clarke.  Both belong in the Lib Dems but wouldn't be elected then so they pretend to be Conservative.

That's more because the Conservative party has changed under their feet than them being in the wrong party to start with. 

2 hours ago, Lokie said:

Fed up of hearing the Remoner's using the term 'The Peoples Parliament' I don't care what party they are with/from/was The People Voted to LEAVE get on with it, All the ones who have actively been obstructive should have their wages docked at the least and tried for High Treason as acting against the Will of the people

Labour? Lol, are a JOKE the lot of them could not argue a debate with The MoGG on his own about the whole debacle, deal no deal get the country out as per what was voted for is quite easy...

If anyone has brought the UKs finances and £ down it is the Remainers antics more than the actual idea of Brexit, absolute disgrace the lot of them should be hung, drawn and quartered! Boris and his War cabinate running rings around them at moment... and they are only just realising it lol...  

That does not fit.
It is not 100% of all UK people.

"The people"
Realize it was only a thin majority of those who took the trouble to go to the polls.

" The will of the People".

Many did not vote for absolute deterioration in relations with there European neighbors.

I hope you can realize this too.

29 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

The EU decided they need to punish the UK for leaving, despite decades of UK contributions to the EU project (both financial and intellectual). That is what is causing the deterioration in relations. If the EU behaved like adults and treated the UK like a departing friend, it would be very different. 

I see it differently.
if the UK wants out, that's ok.
But then there is no extra sausage.
The UK is then a third state without privileges.

To always portray the EU as evil institutions is wrong.
In fact, the UK is seeking a legal position outside the EU. There are no free gifts for this. Brexiteers find it difficult to grasp this.

Edited by tomacht8

29 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

The EU decided they need to punish the UK for leaving, despite decades of UK contributions to the EU project (both financial and intellectual). That is what is causing the deterioration in relations. If the EU behaved like adults and treated the UK like a departing friend, it would be very different. 

Departing friend?? How do you treat someone who says "Look, I don't want to be friends with you guys anymore"?

Personally, I would have said eff ***!

Edited by Becker
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Lokie said:

absolute disgrace the lot of them should be hung, drawn and quartered!

I hope that is a figure of speech. 

That the U.K. haven't became a place where there is really such kind of hate between people with different opinions. 

It seems  that more and more there is no real union anymore between the citizens. 

It is no more about being British, but Leaver or Remainer among the citizens. 

Her Majesty must be conscious of this fact, and as She is still very respected among all citizens, She should adress her people about this matter, and plead for more tolerance. 

Or than, as some proclaim, Great Britain will really become a Shangri-la after Brexit, where  Leavers and Remainers will live in harmony and prosperity and become an united nation again. 

Yeah, they'll be queuing up in the streets to vote for the likes of Grieve, Letwing, Boles, Soubry and Ken (I'll support J Corbyn) Clarke. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
If there is one thing the Hard Brexiteers are reluctant to do re future voting is putting up or shutting up.

Nothing to ignore in last referendum about no-deal Brexit.

• Like 1

World's greatest economy dont have obligatory €60 billion or possible amicable €30-40 billion. Shame really!

The dare devil is Ireland customs border so what and how to solve, no sollution?

Blondie have one solution, no deal exit.
No-deal is no solution to the Irish border whatsoever.

• Like 2

Just now, Laughing Gravy said:

Well when the EU and its supposedly talking for all 27 countries wants to punish the UK,

It is a pitty that some really believe there is a conspiracy from the E.U. to punish the U.K..

It shows, sadly, how some can easely influence others, by repeating constantly the same false mantra. 

• Like 2

Fed up of hearing the Remoner's using the term 'The Peoples Parliament' I don't care what party they are with/from/was The People Voted to LEAVE get on with it, All the ones who have actively been obstructive should have their wages docked at the least and tried for High Treason as acting against the Will of the people. 

Labour? Lol, are a JOKE the lot of them could not argue a debate with The MoGG on his own about the whole debacle, deal no deal get the country out as per what was voted for is quite easy...

If anyone has brought the UKs finances and £ down it is the Remainers antics more than the actual idea of Brexit, absolute disgrace the lot of them should be hung, drawn and quartered! Boris and his War cabinate running rings around them at moment... and they are only just realising it lol...  
Hard Brexiteers get quite upset when labelled as extreme right-wing nuts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

shooting themselves in the foot.

I don't know if they are shooting themselves in the foot, nobody knows, time will tell. 

But it is a pity that some will not taking responsibility, and will blame the E.U., if it regretfully, will be the case. 

There is already now a group claiming that everything always was, is, and will be the fault of the E.U..