Collapse us if you can, government dares Brexit opponents

Jonathan Fairfield

Well all I read in these English newspapers are interpretations/opinions, wish of course the writers are entitled to have. 

And Mr. Juncker says it is a bad idea to leave the E.U., an opinion I am not surprised at all he express. 

I am not a fan at all of the E.U., as I stated many times, it is there, I pay for it, but it never had change anything in my daily life, and pretty sure it will continue like that once the U.K. left. 

Well maybe I will have to pay a bit more. 

Now the majority of the voters in the U.K. decided it is better for the country to leave the E.U., fair enough for me. 

However a lot of British seems not agree, this is a problem the U.K. itself has to resolve in one way or another. 

I hope they will, it is not good at all to live in a divided country.

Blaming the E.U. for everything bad, is according to me not one of the ways to resolve the problem.  

However it is easy to blame someone/something else for all the problems which occurred, occur, and will occur. 

45 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

the truth is the truth

1 minute ago, luckyluke said:

Well all I read in these English newspapers are interpretations/opinions, wish of course the writers are entitled to have. 

And Mr. Juncker says it is a bad idea to leave the E.U., an opinion I am not surprised at all he express. 

I am not a fan at all of the E.U., as I stated many times, it is there, I pay for it, but it never had change anything in my daily life, and pretty sure it will continue like that once the U.K. left. 

Well maybe I will have to pay a bit more. 

Now the majority of the voters in the U.K. decided it is better for the country to leave the E.U., fair enough for me. 

However a lot of British seems not agree, this is a problem the U.K. itself has to resolve in one way or another. 

I hope they will, it is not good at all to live in a divided country.

Blaming the E.U. for everything bad, is according to me not one of the ways to resolve the problem.  

However it is easy to blame someone/something else for all the problems which occurred, occur, and will occur. 

I don't disagree with what most of what you have said here. I do by saying the EU don't want to punish the UK, as a conspiracy as I have shown and could do so all day with reports from numerous sources.

Have a look yourself. so on that note, yes the truth is the truth.

Nothing in the referendum about a deal. No Deal is the default, just get the hell out of there. What’s to ignore, except for tricks on how to not Leave?
Hard Brexiteers do not own the definition of terms of Leaving. That is the property of Parliament. Parliament may overthrow the Hard Brexit programme. What they want, well, never mind.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

yes the truth is the truth.

I just read in a Flemish newspaper that the manifestations against the "Coup" of Mr. Johnson, doesn't seem to be a big success. 

This can indicate that there is a changement of opinion among the British. 

Or that the people are more than saturated about all that "commotion" Brexit became. 

Sure we will read here more opinions  about this. 

3 hours ago, vogie said:

I think when we have Buckingham Palace marched on by people who have for 3 years tried to overturn the democratic vote of the referendum, themselves carrying placards saying preserve democracy and carrying another countrys flag, I would suggest that the "coup" is not owned by Boris.

A group did that recently, armed with a copy of the 1688 bill of rights confirming their right to petition the Queen. Plod were completely flummoxed & resorted to cuffing and arresting the ringleader and now face redress via the courts.

As seen with other recent protests & court action they're 'making the rules up as they go'.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Loiner said:

Nothing in the referendum about a deal.

No Deal is the default, just get the hell out of there.  //

And what next if you do that ?

You think that the Irish Border problems will vanish in the night of the 31 October ?

They will still be there! And probably more important, urgent and difficult than today... :ohmy:

And BTW this quote from this BBC article, on the same subject:

"The EU could not stop the UK from leaving without a deal", Mr Barnier said, "but I would fail to understand the logic of that choice because we would still need to solve the same problems after 31 October".

• Like 1

5 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Out of curiosity, I am interested in your sources outside of the U.K.

Well has it has to do with the UK you would expect the information is from the UK, especially as we are frequently told that outside of the UK nobody cares about Brexit.

Junker can't help him self and if you do a bit of research you can find it quite easily curiously.

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

if you do a bit of research you can find it quite easily curiously.

I did, in Flemish, French, German, didn't find anything. 

Brexit is of course mainly a U.K. affair. 

In Europe we, the people, are only bystanders. 

Well as I mentioned here already, it is highly possible we all will have to contribute a little more for this E.U. thing, once the U.K. left. 

It is my opinion that no one will really be raving about this. 

After all they leave us alone; each country in Europe deciding in particular what is best for their citizens. 

Mostly no law/regulations are the same in any European country. 

But we have an identical currency. 

33 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

I did, in Flemish, French, German, didn't find anything. 

Brexit is of course mainly a U.K. affair. 

In Europe we, the people, are only bystanders. 

Well as I mentioned here already, it is highly possible we all will have to contribute a little more for this E.U. thing, once the U.K. left. 

It is my opinion that no one will really be raving about this. 

After all they leave us alone; each country in Europe deciding in particular what is best for their citizens. 

Mostly no law/regulations are the same in any European country. 

But we have an identical currency. 

Wait until the French farmers and fishermen have had their say...

16 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Yes it can, French people come on the street for everything they dislike. 

Pretty sure that UK fishermen will do the same when they will find out that most what they have been said was lies and impossible to keep promises...

11 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

How about its more like we started sharing a house (EU) with 5 others who put money into the pot each year. Then another 21 people came and took food out the fridge but put nothing into the pot.

And the UK voted against granting access to the 21 countries joining the EU?

10 hours ago, Loiner said:

Au contraire mon ami. It’s obvious to a blind man’s dog that all the lying, cheating and trickery is from the realm of you Remainers.

The Electoral commission disagrees with you.

10 hours ago, Loiner said:

If not, we would have been free of the EU by now. Three years of your deceit and subterfuge and we still haven’t escaped yet

If Rees-Mogg and his ERG and others with political axes to grind had voted with May's government, as Johnson did, rather than against them, then we would have left the EU last March!

9 hours ago, Loiner said:

Irish border is not a problem whatsoever, except in the minds of Remainers, the EU and Republicans.

So you are happy to have a hard border between North and South; which breaks the Good Friday agreement with the possible consequences for not only the people of Northern Ireland but, as history shows, the people of mainland Britain as well?

You are happy to have that hard border when the US congress have repeatedly said that they will block any trade deal between the UK and USA if that hard border is in place?

Or are you happy to have a completely open border with zero checks on goods or people passing through between the UK and EU?

To say that the Irish border is not a problem shows a complete lack of knowledge about the issue! 

Even Boris admits it is a problem. A problem for which he says he has a solution; though he wont say what that is!

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

The Electoral commission disagrees with you.

If Rees-Mogg and his ERG and others with political axes to grind had voted with May's government, as Johnson did, rather than against them, then we would have left the EU last March!

Not interested in the Electoral Commission. The result stands.

Rees-Mogg and the ERG saved us from the Merkel/May Surrender Treaty. If not for them we would have BRINO and be a vassal state of the EU.

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

So you are happy to have a hard border between North and South; which breaks the Good Friday agreement with the possible consequences for not only the people of Northern Ireland but, as history shows, the people of mainland Britain as well?

You are happy to have that hard border when the US congress have repeatedly said that they will block any trade deal between the UK and USA if that hard border is in place?

Or are you happy to have a completely open border with zero checks on goods or people passing through between the UK and EU?

To say that the Irish border is not a problem shows a complete lack of knowledge about the issue! 

Even Boris admits it is a problem. A problem for which he says he has a solution; though he wont say what that is!

We don't need a hard border and there won't be one, unless the EU and Irish put one on their side. They could then discuss the GFA between themselves. No our problem.

Don't give two monkeys what the US congress thinks.

It's open now. Nothing changes in that respect.

Only a problem if you want it to be, but it's not going to stop Brexit.

15 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Not interested in the Electoral Commission. The result stands.

Rees-Mogg and the ERG saved us from the Merkel/May Surrender Treaty. If not for them we would have BRINO and be a vassal state of the EU.

So not interested in the independent Electoral Commission finding that Leave.EU broke election law.

Luckily for you, as the referendum was only advisory the result does stand. Had it been binding then the crimes of Leave.EU alone would have meant the result being declared null and void.

May's deal gave us everything Leave.EU said leaving the UK would give us. I have asked you many times to list the points about it which cause you to label it a 'surrender treaty' which 'would have been BRINO and be a vassal state of the EU.'

Unsurprisingly, you have yet to answer.

11 minutes ago, Loiner said:

We don't need a hard border and there won't be one, unless the EU and Irish put one on their side. They could then discuss the GFA between themselves. No our problem.

Don't give two monkeys what the US congress thinks.

It's open now. Nothing changes in that respect.

Only a problem if you want it to be, but it's not going to stop Brexit.

So you are happy to have an open border with the EU? Doesn't that defeat one of the main reasons for leaving?

You are happy that Trump's promise of a quick and beneficial trade deal between the UK and USA will come to nought? What do you suggest we replace it with?

You are happy for the resumption of violence breaking the GFA could bring about? Unsurprising in someone living 6000 miles away, but very surprising in someone who claims to be a patriot!

Lot's of questions there, which no doubt you will, as usual, decline to answer.

Edited by 7by7
Addendum

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

The Irish border is an issue that needs to be dealt with, but it is not the huge problem that remainers make it out to be. 

Ireland and/or the EU will not be installing border infrastructure if we leave without a deal on 31st October. If you think they would be willing to risk a war breaking out in order to protect the integrity of the single market, you're not thinking straight. They will work out a way to put in place sufficient checks away from the border if we leave without a deal. They won't admit this while they can use the border issue as a bargaining chip. 

I imagine the processes won't be too dissimilar to those outlined by the Alternative Arrangements Commission already.  Have a read of this: 

https://www.prosperity-uk.com/aacabout/

• Like 2

18 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

That does not fit.
It is not 100% of all UK people.

"The people"
Realize it was only a thin majority of those who took the trouble to go to the polls.

" The will of the People".

Many did not vote for absolute deterioration in relations with there European neighbors.

I hope you can realize this too.

Its the Remainers who go on about 'The People's Parliment etc and the Will of the people I hope you can realize this too 

You have a democratic vote and the result of said vote is what the people have decided, thats how democracy works.

Those who could not be bothered to cast a vote can't really cry about it later if they don't like the result 

You sure RIGHT it does not fit mate!!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, luckyluke said:

I hope that is a figure of speech. 

That the U.K. haven't became a place where there is really such kind of hate between people with different opinions. 

It seems  that more and more there is no real union anymore between the citizens. 

It is no more about being British, but Leaver or Remainer among the citizens. 

Her Majesty must be conscious of this fact, and as She is still very respected among all citizens, She should adress her people about this matter, and plead for more tolerance. 

Or than, as some proclaim, Great Britain will really become a Shangri-la after Brexit, where  Leavers and Remainers will live in harmony and prosperity and become an united nation again. 

No its not, the remainers have constructively done everything in their power to stop us leaving, the British public voted to leave, we leave Period those who have blatantly attempted to stop this happening are working against the will of the people, is a really easy thing, we had a vote to leave, we dont carry on having votes untill certain parties get the result they want, it dont work like that... 

• Like 2

tories will fillibusta any attempts at new laws ..oct31 is in law so they cant change anything ..the lords can stop any new laws going thru ..boris is going to sack any remainers so their jobs are gone in next GE and the dole queue awaits them .. all desperate people

22 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

I see it differently.
if the UK wants out, that's ok.
But then there is no extra sausage.
The UK is then a third state without privileges.

To always portray the EU as evil institutions is wrong.
In fact, the UK is seeking a legal position outside the EU. There are no free gifts for this. Brexiteers find it difficult to grasp this.

After more than 40 years of contributions to the EU project, and with a great existing trading relationship, why would it be so wrong for the EU to offer some favourable treatment to the UK? 

• Like 1