Collapse us if you can, government dares Brexit opponents

Jonathan Fairfield

22 hours ago, Becker said:

And the UK voted against granting access to the 21 countries joining the EU?

Did they? Or was that a rhetorical statement. Are any stats about the EU every published. With the EU being so democratic (sarcasm) I am sure it would have been the more hands up wins.????

13 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Please can you tell us when the UK said we don't want to be friends anymore. Any proof that the UK has wanted anything but an amicable split? 

metaphor
/ˈmɛtəfə,ˈmɛtəfɔː/
noun

1. a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable.

14 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Did they? Or was that a rhetorical statement. Are any stats about the EU every published. With the EU being so democratic (sarcasm) I am sure it would have been the more hands up wins.????

Are you saying that no records exist regarding what the UK vote was for each of those applicant countries or are you just diverting?

1 hour ago, Becker said:
14 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Please can you tell us when the UK said we don't want to be friends anymore. Any proof that the UK has wanted anything but an amicable split? 

metaphor
/ˈmɛtəfə,ˈmɛtəfɔː/
noun

1. a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable.

I think you're back tracking. What you said has nothing to do with metaphors. 

Edited by CG1 Blue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Becker said:

Are you saying that no records exist regarding what the UK vote was for each of those applicant countries or are you just diverting?

I am saying are there any. You seem to be suggesting that you know the UK voted the other 21 countries into the EU. If so where is the link.

Regardless who cares the UK are leaving the EU so good luck to the 21 and the original 6 of the EEC.

Edited by Laughing Gravy

13 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I am saying are there any. You seem to be suggesting that you know the UK voted the other 21 countries into the EU. If so where is the link.

Regardless who cares the UK are leaving the EU so good luck to the 21 and the original 6 of the EEC.

Accession of a new member state has to be unanimous, Hence the UK voted in favor of the new countries joining. 

• Like 1

Come one Leavers let's break through the into 36 territory and then aim for 30 you know we can do it. Forex speculators , hedge  funds, vulture capitalist and destruction Tories are banking on your continued working class support. Plus my 4mill in Kasikorn / SCB is starting to look better when looked at through the bottom of a sterling glass. Don't let Bercow spoil the party !

37.01 Thai Baht

Image result for bercow

• Haha 1

On 9/1/2019 at 11:20 AM, CG1 Blue said:

The Irish border is an issue that needs to be dealt with, but it is not the huge problem that remainers make it out to be. 

Ireland and/or the EU will not be installing border infrastructure if we leave without a deal on 31st October. If you think they would be willing to risk a war breaking out in order to protect the integrity of the single market, you're not thinking straight. They will work out a way to put in place sufficient checks away from the border if we leave without a deal. They won't admit this while they can use the border issue as a bargaining chip. 

I imagine the processes won't be too dissimilar to those outlined by the Alternative Arrangements Commission already.  Have a read of this: 

https://www.prosperity-uk.com/aacabout/

"Ireland and/or the EU will not be installing border infrastructure if we leave without a deal on 31st October."

You know this how? From the Alternative Arrangements Commission of the pro Brexit pressure group Prosperity UK? Your link provides suggestions from them. Suggestions which no one in the British government seems to be taking seriously! 

"If you think they would be willing to risk a war breaking out in order to protect the integrity of the single market, you're not thinking straight."

They, the EU, have come up with a temporary way until a permanent one can be found and put in place. A way that was rejected by the UK Parliament! It is now up to the UK to present an alternative; which Boris has not yet done.

"They will work out a way to put in place sufficient checks away from the border if we leave without a deal."

Yes, they will; and the backstop is a temporary measure designed to keep the border open until such a way is found and put in place.

My opinion is that Boris will at the last minute present a deal with the backstop still there in all it's essentials, just called something else, and claim a victory.

Edited by 7by7
Addendum

On 9/1/2019 at 11:22 AM, Loiner said:

Still don't care about your Electoral Commission. There were no major problems and the courts threw out the spurious charges against Boris.

Referendum blah blah advisory blah blah. That was three years ago and we now have Brexit legislation in place.

There were 40 ho OK you don't care \bout law breakers winning; we get that.rrors in the Merkel/May Surrender Treaty. You didn't like them before, so keep waiting. Hold your breath too if you like.

How open do you think it is now? No need to change that.

Congress is full of hot air and bluster - just like your posts.

Violence from Republicans? Only if the EU and Ireland put a border on their side. Petrol bombs for the Garda or some sort of EU force would be their own problem.

OK, you don't care that the country was conned by aCummings and his law breaking.

No charges, spurious or otherwise, were laid against Johnson. A civil case was attempted over his lying, but like Tilbrook's ridiculous case, this was rejected by the High Court.

You keep ranting on about the so called horrors of May's deal and calling it "the Merkel/May Surrender Treaty" but not only can you never list any of those "horrors" you also forget that Johnson voted for it and, apart from a few tweeks to the Irish backstop to keep Rees-Mogg happy, that is almost certainly what we will end up with!

Not worth responding any further as your whole rant proves, as usual, what little grasp you actually have of the situation. 

On 9/1/2019 at 2:33 PM, Lokie said:

No its not, the remainers have constructively done everything in their power to stop us leaving, the British public voted to leave, we leave Period those who have blatantly attempted to stop this happening are working against the will of the people, is a really easy thing, we had a vote to leave, we dont carry on having votes untill certain parties get the result they want, it dont work like that... 

The people who you should be blaming for us not leaving arte Rees-Mogg and his ERG and all those others who call themselves Brexiteers yet voted three times to stop us from leaving last March!

Most Remainers, I accept not all, were, like myself, happy to accept the result until he and others of his ilk stuck their oars in and prevented a negotiated, sensible Brexit with a transition period designed to prevent the chaos of leaving without a deal.

It is only because his antics meant Parliament could not make a decision, the most important decision in most of our lifetimes, that more and more people, myself included, started to call for a final, binding referendum. Parliament can't decide, so let the people do so. 

Of course, with his proroguing Parliament and other antics, Boris can force through his deal; whatever that turns out to be. In many ways it's a pity May didn't think of that last March!

6 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

OK, you don't care that the country was conned by aCummings and his law breaking.

No charges, spurious or otherwise, were laid against Johnson. A civil case was attempted over his lying, but like Tilbrook's ridiculous case, this was rejected by the High Court.

You keep ranting on about the so called horrors of May's deal and calling it "the Merkel/May Surrender Treaty" but not only can you never list any of those "horrors" you also forget that Johnson voted for it and, apart from a few tweeks to the Irish backstop to keep Rees-Mogg happy, that is almost certainly what we will end up with!

Not worth responding any further as your whole rant proves, as usual, what little grasp you actually have of the situation. 

Didn't con me or 17.4 million others. 
So no big election lie from Leave either.

I've listed the 40 horrors a few times. They are still there, you go look for them again.

Boris voted against it, best out of three?
Agreed. Not worth you responding at all.

1 minute ago, Loiner said:

Didn't con me or 17.4 million others. 
So no big election lie from Leave either.

I've listed the 40 horrors a few times. They are still there, you go look for them again.

Boris voted against it, best out of three?
Agreed. Not worth you responding at all.

The £350 million a week was one lie.

Floods of Turks about to come to the UK was another.

That's just two without even trying!

40 horrors; I've never seen a post listing them. Indulge me; name one. Or have you forgotten them?

Boris changed his mind and voted for May's deal at the third time of asking. 

He's allowed to change his mind; why can't the British people be given the same opportunity?

Sensible answers without the ranting, please, or don't bother.

Just now, 7by7 said:

The £350 million a week was one lie.

Floods of Turks about to come to the UK was another.

That's just two without even trying!

40 horrors; I've never seen a post listing them. Indulge me; name one. Or have you forgotten them?

Boris changed his mind and voted for May's deal at the third time of asking. 

He's allowed to change his mind; why can't the British people be given the same opportunity?

Sensible answers without the ranting, please, or don't bother.

Your Election Commission and the courts don't seem to think they were particular lies.

You go look for them. Try google if you want.
So he voted against it twice as many times.

No mind changing - it was a vote of the whole nation. Theresa tried three times and not enough MPs changed their minds.

I thought you were the one who thought it not worth responding?

18 hours ago, 7by7 said:

They, the EU, have come up with a temporary way until a permanent one can be found and put in place. A way that was rejected by the UK Parliament! It is now up to the UK to present an alternative; which Boris has not yet done.

"They will work out a way to put in place sufficient checks away from the border if we leave without a deal."

Yes, they will; and the backstop is a temporary measure designed to keep the border open until such a way is found and put in place.

But if we leave with no deal there will be no backstop! What do you think the EU will do then about the border, without their 'temporary measure' as you call it? 

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

But if we leave with no deal there will be no backstop! What do you think the EU will do then about the border, without their 'temporary measure' as you call it? 

The integrity of the single market and customs union are paramount to the EU. So I honestly believe that if Boris, or rather his puppet master Cummings, is foolish enough to take us out with no deal, then the EU will, reluctantly I'm sure, put a hard border in place between Northern Ireland and the Republic.

Remember, there is no open border between any EU member and non member; anywhere.

Sorry for the confusing wording of my previous; I meant the backstop would only work if there was a deal. No deal, no backstop.

Edited by 7by7
Addendum

17 minutes ago, Lokie said:

Now you are just talking Rubbish. 

Most Remainers have done exactly as I stated - been totally obstructive at every turn against the process of Brexit as voted in a referendum by the British people.

That is your opinion, to which you are entitled.

But it certainly does not apply to me and those I talk to.

37 minutes ago, Lokie said:

Now you are just talking Rubbish. 

Most Remainers have done exactly as I stated - been totally obstructive at every turn against the process of Brexit as voted in a referendum by the British people.

Those that didn’t vote for Brexit exercising their democratic right to oppose something they do not support.

Who’d have thunk it.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Johnson’s lies are now joined by his lack of a majority.

Is he making false promises because he’s a stranger to the truth or because he can’t deliver?!

I am sure he will deliver a triumphant No Deal, then blame others for the ramifications. 

Or a reluctant No Deal, then blame others for it. Nothing will be his fault either way. Nothing is ever their fault, as well you know...

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Next you will be surprised that vegetarians keep fighting against killing animals for our food despite “the people” loving their meat. Life is not a children’s playground; did you really think that “winning” a paper tiger advisory referendum would be enough to create change? 

I believe in democracy... 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lokie said:

I believe in democracy... 

Here is somebody who doesn't:-

Conservative MP Phillip Lee has defected to the Liberal Democrats ahead of a showdown between Boris Johnson and Tory rebels over Brexit.

Dr Lee, the MP for Bracknell, took his seat on the opposition benches as the PM addressed the Commons.

Bracknell votes LEAVE

Votes for Remain were: 29,888

Votes for Leave were: 35,002

The turnout was: 76.1 per cent

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jip99 said:

Conservative MP Phillip Lee has defected to the Liberal Democrats ahead of a showdown between Boris Johnson and Tory rebels over Brexit.

Dr Lee, the MP for Bracknell, took his seat on the opposition benches as the PM addressed the Commons.

Bracknell votes LEAVE

That'll go down well in his constituency....

Tarred and feathered...?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Bracknell votes LEAVE

In 2016 - now ?