Farangs and their future standing in LOS

swissie

Might get more traction if the families we support find a way to 

show many Long Timers are doing positive things for their families 

and the country. Then maybe some of the hurdles will be removed, 

TM30, 90 day reporting It should be the least of our worries. China

has similar requirements for reporting your whereabouts.. I did it for 10+ Years if you don’t let it be a focal point then it’s less painful. 

Those that travel a lot yes it’s a pain. 

19 hours ago, Yinn said:

This the English of the song thai people sing 8am and 6 pm.

Thailand unites the flesh and blood of Thais.
The land of Thailand belongs to the Thais.
Long has been our independence, wish sovereignty allowed to maintain it,
Because Thais have been united forever.
The Thais are peaceful and loving, but are not cowards in war.
Our sovereignty will never be threatened,
We will sacrifice every drop of our blood for our nation.
We are ready to die for freedom, security, and prosperity!

We happy and friendly and welcome to foreigner, but if you want to change/fight us, you will lose, sure. 

Our country, our rules. If you not want to fill out a Tm 30, then you must leave. Up to you.

But this what they should be singing

20 hours ago, kellersphuket said:

I'm not even getting into this argument with you.

It's just not worth it.

Lol. Kellers having a melt down after being out trolled. 

If you are going to troll you will need a thicker skin princess

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/29/2019 at 9:36 PM, luckyluke said:

I got a letter from my embassy (Belgium) that the Consul will contact the Thai authorities in charge of Immigration, and "complain" about the TM30. 

Now I don't expect that Thailand will be highly impressed by this. 

I even suppose some/most will have to check what/where Belgium is. 

Most westerner with have to check where Belgium is it’s a nonentity country. 

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Post of the month laying out the problems that us 'aliens' face and pleading for a united front against the nonsense - and predictably you have a succession of members making infantile comments and slagging off a person who has very real concerns that should bother us all.

So sorry, OP, you are hitting your head against a brick wall. There isn't enough intelligent life among TV members to care or unite about anything. It's a reflection of the type of people that Thailand has long attracted, due to lack of law enforcement and the local couldn't care less attitude. It means they don't have to try too hard to keep up standards. Okay if they want to do that if that is what makes them comfortable, as long as they don't expect to be taken seriously - as with some of the comments above.

What bargaining power would a united front of ex-pats have? None, it is therefore a pointless idea which would only stir up more trouble. We will all leave and go to Vietnam, no we won't and even if we did it wouldn't bother the powers that be one bit. The embassies job isn't to make sure that we have a trouble free life here, so they do the minimum required, lost passports, consular assistance due to imprisonment, accidents etc. They are not going to interfere with a countries internal policies so no help there either. Constructive complaint yes but forget demands.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

hat bargaining power would a united front of ex-pats have? None, it is therefore a pointless idea which would only stir up more trouble. We will all leave and go to Vietnam, no we won't and even if we did it wouldn't bother the powers that be one bit. The embassies job isn't to make sure that we have a trouble free life here, so they do the minimum required, lost passports, consular assistance due to imprisonment, accidents etc. They are not going to interfere with a countries internal policies so no help there either. Constructive complaint yes but forget demands.

I would agree- but what each of us can do- at least the US; UK and Aussies is to continue to write our Embassies and  state our cases- such as the problems caused by the  stopping of Income Letters and  problems complying with things like official reporting.  I do this frequesntly and soon there will be a new Charge D.Affairs at the US Embassy who will get a 'welcome letter' again bringing up the income letters as well as the issue of  reciprocity in Thailand for people married to Thai citizens.  They may well ignore me but at least I will try

• Haha 1

Well if the authorities take note of some of the comments on TV then it doesn’t surprise me that they don’t want us here. This has been said before but, carry on and dig your own graves. Plead innocent and keep your abusive comments directed at the Thai people and the authorities.

In the process we can all be tarred with the same brush.

Have a great day all you glass half full buddies and see you all back home.....lol

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Yinn said:

Maybe the thai you know. In the bar.

But everyone I know about this.. 

Remember, thailand also have problem with the stupid farang war 2.

So cruel. Black heart.

Looks familiar, seen people wearing the same peak cap here!!!!!!

An issue that will not get better....but an answer might be a "probationary" period, ie 1st 24 months you must effect TM30 etc, then provided you have not caused any issues then the regulations could just be an annual rextension or even a 3 year extension.  That way every one is happy!"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SunsetT said:

Lager not beer!

Belgium counts 200 breweries, with 1600 kind of beers. 

Nearly each kind of beer has his own kind of glass. 

Belgian beers are primarily ales with an emphasy on malts next to fruity yeast flawors. 

For confirmation and further details please use Google. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DJ54 said:

Might get more traction if the families we support find a way to 

show many Long Timers are doing positive things for their families 

and the country. Then maybe some of the hurdles will be removed, 

TM30, 90 day reporting It should be the least of our worries. China

has similar requirements for reporting your whereabouts.. I did it for 10+ Years if you don’t let it be a focal point then it’s less painful. 

Those that travel a lot yes it’s a pain. 

Yes, one of the reasons I retired in Thailand rather than totalitarian Peoples Republic of China ... I thought their was a difference. 8 years here, I would think the 90 Day Reports, when moving residences and when re-entering the country would be sufficient.

1 hour ago, Thaidream said:

I would agree- but what each of us can do- at least the US; UK and Aussies is to continue to write our Embassies and  state our cases- such as the problems caused by the  stopping of Income Letters and  problems complying with things like official reporting.  I do this frequesntly and soon there will be a new Charge D.Affairs at the US Embassy who will get a 'welcome letter' again bringing up the income letters as well as the issue of  reciprocity in Thailand for people married to Thai citizens.  They may well ignore me but at least I will try

I do support your bringing your concerns to the attention of our Embassy here in Thailand. I differ in my approach to the stopping of the income letter as it is not the assigned duties to be tracing and confirming our retirement or other income (unlike many in EU countries we do not have just one government pension ... dealing with American retirement funs would be like herding cats).

4 minutes ago, DUNROAMIN said:

Is Thailand becoming a police state.

It appears to be becoming more restrictive, it needs to address the endemic corruption at all levels, and we need to stop contributing to it

6 hours ago, Yinn said:

That will not happen. Sure. Never. 

It's in the beginning of a Chinese stampede & economic siege already.....It won't take long.....

The Chinese know exactly what they are doing....Easy terms for the Chi/Thai railroad, military equipment, etc, etc, .....

Best buddies, your helpful big brother is grabbing everything and every place they can get control over.....

• Like 1

On 8/30/2019 at 10:13 AM, Yinn said:

Most farang Good, Some is bad. Same every country. Have good and bad.

Really you could just post this in most cases (of your posts).    The rest of what you say is often a lot more difficult to read and makes some of us good farangs wonder what you're bitter about.

I really don't see much positivity coming from you.   But the music thread is a good start .

Edited by rumak

20 hours ago, Yinn said:

And the farang kill the Native American also right? 

Please think.

YES, me think and do history research. Me find out distant cousins of American Indians, Mongols, come to Europe from Asia and kill millions farangs. This happen long before farangs go America or Asia. Me think you need history lesson. Me also think you Westerner like pretend be asian, no? ????

Edited by oslooskar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1