Farangs and their future standing in LOS

swissie

On 8/30/2019 at 10:13 AM, Yinn said:

What contributes have you done?

You don’t like black people? They not get easy visa like you already.

And

if you say Issan, the problem is that government people think you have marry the sex worker.

Because so many farang sex tourist come and marry the sex worker, most are from Issan.

So you think high up Thai official will respect this people and change the rule? No, they think is low class, so will not change the rule. 

(I not say ALL farang marry with Issan sex worker. But can not deny is very common)

Some are. Read about farang with knife in pattaya, steal from supermarket, rape the kids, kill the wife, counterfeiting, drug deal etc etc. 

Have a lot of Bad Boys.

And Good Boys don’t marry sex workers.

Most farang Good, Some is bad. Same every country. Have good and bad.

Where they from? Issan again? Where did you meet? In Issan or....?

Villagefarang the smart guy. Have a good life, many year in Thailand. No problem. If you want to make trouble in Thailand you will lose.

While contributions from Thai people like yourself (I'm assuming you are Thai) are welcome and useful, what you have actually demonstrated in your reply is the manner in which some Thai people are biased against foreigners.

So I have to agree with you that if

such bias is prevalent among Thai citizens and officials then farang will continue to be discriminated against without sufficient reason.

An example :

While many sex workers are from Issan, many women from Issan are not sex workers. Do you see your implicit bias?

Attitudes like yours are demonstrated against foreigners in every country on earth. The word for it is bigotry/racism.

Each person must choose the high road or the low road to travel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 4:01 PM, Yinn said:

We let you live here. 

I think fair to ask to fill a simple document say your name and where you stay. 

We not build a big wall to keep the foreigner out.

All us foreigners living in Thailand should be grateful that the Thai Government allows us to stay here long term. If you don't  like the laws, live some  place else.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, aqua4 said:

She is Thai and from her writing and thinking she is very young. 

Young probably - with no real world or life experience....

But, that's ok, coupled with a sincere effort, and enough curiosity to learn.....

This is actually a decent forum for her to communicate her thoughts & ideas to learn from a broader spectrum about this thing we call "living".....

Edited by pgrahmm
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

Young probably - with no real world or life experience....

But, that's ok, coupled with a sincere effort, and enough curiosity to learn.....

This is actually a decent forum for her to communicate her thoughts & ideas to learn from a broader spectrum about this thing we call "living".....

This forum allows Yinn to express herself, learn, look at her at other posters values. Perhaps even evaluate and learn some critical thinking skills 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, looplaw said:

All us foreigners living in Thailand should be grateful that the Thai Government allows us to stay here long term. If you don't  like the laws, live some  place else.

Reciprocity. Should Thai people get the same treatment in our countries? What makes them so special that the system is not balanced and we accepted 500,000 plus of them in Europe and America. Then give them all the rights as a citizen. What foreigners are asking in Thailand is not citizenship but logical balance. 

Edited by aqua4
spelling
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Gandtee said:

Young maybe but brainwashed with the Thai's bigoted attitude to high and low class and skin colour.

Come on, Thailand is a class structured society.  Your ranking in Thai society determines how you interact with  others and how you address them.  The West claims to be egalitarian but I find that claim disingenuous.

I think it is a mistake to dumb everything down to the lowest common denominator and ignore the ideals and aspirations of a nation and its people.  Thais on the whole are not happy that many farangs see this country as a petting zoo or a whorehouse and look down on fellow Thais who help perpetuate that image.

I am not particularly enamored with the more unsavory foreigners who make things more difficult for the rest of us.  My friend preference is modern, educated, athletic, worldly and sophisticated Thais over the kind of foreigner one too often encounters these days.????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Future is bleak at best....many of my good friends have given up and moved to other countries, NO longer interested in playing the immigrations games and hoop jumping circus.  They chose a path of least resistance. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 5:47 PM, ThomasThBKK said:

I am not op, but i've helped to build a preschool/kindergarten in bangkok,

Also we have shops that buy locally in Udon and give back profits to the villages there.

I've invested in a bunch of Thai startups that pay good amounts of money in taxes and have good amounts of thai employes.

What have YOU done for Thailand?

Well, if you want to get personal- I've supported an orphan in the Pattaya Orphanage for years, contributed many millions of baht to the Thai economy, bought multi thousands of baht worth of goods from Thais businesses, supported a Thai family ( till they got too greedy ), helped employ hundreds if not thousands of Thais, contributed to Thai Airways for decades. 

Do I need to go on?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, villagefarang said:

Thais on the whole are not happy that many farangs see this country as a petting zoo or a whorehouse and look down on fellow Thais who help perpetuate that image.

LOL.

The THAI related prostitution business far, far exceeds the small one that caters for farangs.

I find it amusing that some seem to ignore the fact that the THAI prostitution business exists and it is only naughty farangs that participate in such things.

BTW. If THAIS didn't want it to exist, the farang related nite life would never have been allowed, and could be stopped tomorrow. Remember who owns the bars and gogos……………… Hint, it's not farangs, even if some think they do.

6 hours ago, mike787 said:

Future is bleak at best....many of my good friends have given up and moved to other countries, NO longer interested in playing the immigrations games and hoop jumping circus.  They chose a path of least resistance. 

We won't be missed, except by families that grew wealthy on a farang's money.

The vast majority of farangs stay in LOS for days or a week or two, and that's not going to change.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mike787 said:

Why don't you join them?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

When my Thai wife visits the US on her ten year tourist visa, she is treated the same as a US citizen.  She is not subjected to any nonsensical 90 day check in requirement or is tracked by TM forms.  Once she received this ten year tourist visa, which allows her to stay in the US for six months a year, she is not required to file for a visa extension every year.  

The US ten year tourist visa was easy to obtain.  If she wants to live in the US full time we simply have to apply at the US Embassy in Bangkok, which will take about three to four months to be approved.  If she stays in the US for three years, she can take a simple citizenship test and become a US citizen. 

Thai Immigration treats spouses of Thai citizens like they just paroled from prison.  The spouses are subjected to having to file for a marriage visa every year, along with having to submit photos of each other yearly in their homes, and be visited by these morons every year.  

Thai spouses have to report every 90 days and file TM forms for any movements.  Farangs do not have a future in Thailand but Thais can have a future in the land of the free, "America."  

A USA visa is very difficult to obtain for most Thai people. If married to an American they can go the green card route as well, but very difficult and takes years.

You cannot portray her experience as an 'easy' common place event. There are thousands of posts from USA expats that will refute it. I'm glad you were lucky but it simply isn't so common.

If you respond telling me she is single, from Issan, with a low level job, etc. I will be very surprised. Her connection to you played into it in a strong way or it was very long ago. Ten year visas are simply not so simple these days. If you search the forums you will see that.

But if you use her singular event to make your very broad point, so be it. I won't argue with your success.

2 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

When my Thai wife visits the US on her ten year tourist visa, she is treated the same as a US citizen.  She is not subjected to any nonsensical 90 day check in requirement or is tracked by TM forms.  Once she received this ten year tourist visa, which allows her to stay in the US for six months a year, she is not required to file for a visa extension every year.  

The US ten year tourist visa was easy to obtain.  If she wants to live in the US full time we simply have to apply at the US Embassy in Bangkok, which will take about three to four months to be approved.  If she stays in the US for three years, she can take a simple citizenship test and become a US citizen. 

Thai Immigration treats spouses of Thai citizens like they just paroled from prison.  The spouses are subjected to having to file for a marriage visa every year, along with having to submit photos of each other yearly in their homes, and be visited by these morons every year.  

Thai spouses have to report every 90 days and file TM forms for any movements.  Farangs do not have a future in Thailand but Thais can have a future in the land of the free, "America."  

Did you and your Thai wife return to America ?

1 hour ago, RocketDog said:

A USA visa is very difficult to obtain for most Thai people. If married to an American they can go the green card route as well, but very difficult and takes years.

You cannot portray her experience as an 'easy' common place event. There are thousands of posts from USA expats that will refute it. I'm glad you were lucky but it simply isn't so common.

If you respond telling me she is single, from Issan, with a low level job, etc. I will be very surprised. Her connection to you played into it in a strong way or it was very long ago. Ten year visas are simply not so simple these days. If you search the forums you will see that.

But if you use her singular event to make your very broad point, so be it. I won't argue with your success.

We had ours submitted, interview schedule/completed, done, & approved within 3 weeks.....

Which, with the way things are shaping up, is a good thing to have.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 8:43 PM, CMNightRider said:

Apples and oranges. The US built on immigrants, LOS is not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/30/2019 at 11:13 AM, Yinn said:

What contributes have you done?

You don’t like black people? They not get easy visa like you already.

And

if you say Issan, the problem is that government people think you have marry the sex worker.

Because so many farang sex tourist come and marry the sex worker, most are from Issan.

So you think high up Thai official will respect this people and change the rule? No, they think is low class, so will not change the rule. 

(I not say ALL farang marry with Issan sex worker. But can not deny is very common)

Some are. Read about farang with knife in pattaya, steal from supermarket, rape the kids, kill the wife, counterfeiting, drug deal etc etc. 

Have a lot of Bad Boys.

And Good Boys don’t marry sex workers.

Most farang Good, Some is bad. Same every country. Have good and bad.

Where they from? Issan again? Where did you meet? In Issan or....?

Villagefarang the smart guy. Have a good life, many year in Thailand. No problem. If you want to make trouble in Thailand you will lose.

"If you want to make trouble in Thailand you will lose". These words should be on a big banner put up at the airport, well, don't make it too obvious, just add in a little picture of some drugs  so it appears to be a anti-drug banner.

Edited by ylmiri
  • Like 1