Is There Taxi / Minibus Service At Ubon Ratchathani Airport

Felt 35

Are there any TV members located in the area who know if there is a Taxi or Minibus service at Ubon Ratchathani Airport?

Thanks & Regards

:o

Nice and short answer is YES there is.

Nice and short answer is YES there is.

Thanks MarcoH

If you are going to a moderately sized hotel they offer a pickup-service.

Cheers,

Mike

I always stay at the Lai Thong hotel in Ubon very comfortable

http://www.north-by-north-east.com/hotels/laithong.asp

they pick you up but I usually rent a car at the airport

Laithong hotlel has they own pages as well

www.laithonghotel.net

also Laithong hotel has nice buffee breakfast. cost 149thb

Last time I had breakfast at Laithong, (6 weeks ago) the food was cold and there was less to choose from than earlier. :D

Bergen

just now came back from there and it was fantastic,,,maybe you where just b4 10am when they closing.. :o

Even now i cna get melet with garlic inside,, b4 they did not have it, but when one ask one get's,,, never had bad food or cold there(but thats just me, im lucky i quess)

has any one tryed Nevada b-fast? i was there 3yrs ago and that time it was not good..but if some one has other opinion, maybe i gonna have a go sometime

Thanks for the information folks.

I`m going all the way to Mukdahan. BTW, how far is Mukdahan from Ubon Ratchathani!

I arrive Ubon Ratchathani evening so I will probably stay over one night before I head further to Mukdahan.

Laithong hotel looks great. How far is the hotel from Ubon Ratchathani airport!

Regards.

I`m going all the way to Mukdahan. BTW, how far is Mukdahan from Ubon Ratchathani!

I arrive Ubon Ratchathani evening so I will probably stay over one night before I head further to Mukdahan.

Regards.

Hi Felt

Laithong not so far, but best is if you get mailt o them as they have they own van stand-by in airport all the time, so they will pick u up if u desided to go there.

Mukhadan from ubon, well that depends how u wanna travel?

mini van 2 to 2.5hrs,, depends of tractors on the road.

I might drive under 2hrs,,,it's good road mostly...

Regards.

Hi Felt

Laithong not so far, but best is if you get mailt o them as they have they own van stand-by in airport all the time, so they will pick u up if u desided to go there.

Take taxi to the bus station outside town, and get the bus to mukdahan, cheap and easy, i think the last bus goes about 5pm, or if you stay ploy palace they can arrange for you to get picked up at the airport, ive used both options

Regards.

Hi Felt

Take taxi to the bus station outside town, and get the bus to mukdahan, cheap and easy, i think the last bus goes about 5pm, or if you stay ploy palace they can arrange for you to get picked up at the airport, ive used both options

Dong

Do you actually use those local red open air busess? i see them them time to time capsize by the road,, but be adventure that one.

I have to say on my behave, i have never use the bussess and will never use as i see them driving like lunatic's and ofcourse this accident of tour buss,,, it has been said buy some one who survived tha tthey inform driver abt the small fire and ignored that,, i mean how dangerous is that....

Not saying that driving car is safer but at least if one hire small car and driver can tell him slow down or dive safer...

But i have to say that i heard good comment's abt bussess as well, few days ago friend of mine came from Pattaya to ubon with 2 fllor tour buss and they had sofa and everything in the 2nd floor and he was there all alone...how cool is that and there is buss hostess all the time,, like own privet buss...

question for both sides,,

Good & Bad Comments about open air busess, and if some one has any "Closed" calls and if you are still using busessesssssss

Marco is right about the aircon buses which I've used in the past and family use quite regular for trips back and forth from Ubon to BKK on a visa run before coming to UK. The upper deck is great for getting some sleep and quite comfortable. Cost about B550 one way from memory I think.

Marco...good luck for tomorrow with the Ubon bike run. If you get chance to post a few pics on TV or vdo on youtube.com it would be great. Look forward to seeing your new bike hope its been worth the wait. You'll have everyone jealous with a big goldwing around the city. Bet its great mate.

Jay

Marco is right about the aircon buses which I've used in the past and family use quite regular for trips back and forth from Ubon to BKK on a visa run before coming to UK. The upper deck is great for getting some sleep and quite comfortable. Cost about B550 one way from memory I think.

Marco...good luck for tomorrow with the Ubon bike run. If you get chance to post a few pics on TV or vdo on youtube.com it would be great. Look forward to seeing your new bike hope its been worth the wait. You'll have everyone jealous with a big goldwing around the city. Bet its great mate.

Jay

Jay

my Gold wing arives around mid August, so im in to good old virago to there.

Marco..No problem the virago is still a great bike too until Aug so you'll still have great day and the atmosphere will be fun anyhow with all the people there. How many bikes are expected to turn up based on previous years? Jay

Marco..No problem the virago is still a great bike too until Aug so you'll still have great day and the atmosphere will be fun anyhow with all the people there. How many bikes are expected to turn up based on previous years? Jay

I talk to few thai guys yesterday and they are expecting abt 100bikes all over the thailand.

that will be big IF that is true,, wait and see one must be......

i will take some pictures and will post "Selected" pictures...

I hope there is biker girl or wet t-shirt competition,,,, :o

{Dong}Take taxi to the bus station outside town, and get the bus to mukdahan, cheap and easy, i think the last bus goes about 5pm, or if you stay ploy palace they can arrange for you to get picked up at the airport, ive used both options

Buss indeed,, just after an other buss accident

Passengers escape unhurt as bus catches fire in Khon Kaen

KHON KAEN: -- All 30 passengers escaped unhurt after their bus caught fire in Khon Kaen on Friday, just days after a similar incident on a Bangkok-bound coach in Saraburi left 30 passengers dead and dozens injured.

The bus, travelling from Nakhon Ratchasima to Udon Thani, was passing through Khon Kaen's Ban Had sub district on the Mitraparp Highway at 3.30pm when its engine caught fire. Fearing a repeat of the Saraburi mishap, the bus driver promptly pulled over and evacuated all the passengers safely.

Meanwhile, the president of the Private Bus Operators Association, Sujinda Cherdchai, has objected the Land Transport Department's proposal to retire buses after 10 years of use and to have them undergo checks every two years, which were launched amid claims that the Saraburi accident was caused by mechanical problems arising from the age of the bus.

Sujinda, the owner of Thailand's biggest bus assembly garage, insisted that disposing of buses after only 10 years was not practical, and said conducting inspections every two years was unnecessary because bus operators already conducted regular checks on their own. The greater number of checks would affect maintenance expenses and, subsequently, bus fares, she said. Sujinda urged the department to inform the association about its proposed measures and to organise a meeting of bus operators nationwide to discuss them.

While condoling with the victims' families, Sujinda said the punishment should be upon individuals. Her association will help pay the lawyers' fees in a lawsuit in demand compensation for the victims, she said.

Meanwhile, Nakhon Ratchasima transport official Anusorn Withurakorn said his office would tighten checks on the condition of buses and increase tests on drivers' bloodalcohol levels to prevent a reoccurrence of the tragedy, especially during the Songkran Festival next month. Buses that fail the checks will be suspended from service immediately, he said.

In an update on the condition of 23 passengers injured in the Saraburi accident, the Public Health Ministry yesterday said eight critically wounded patients were stable. However they are still suffering from fever and tissue death and are being watched for infections.

Bangkok's Siriraj Hospital morgue has so far released 14 bodies to victims' relatives.

-- The Nation 2007-03-23

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=112641

Edited by MarcoH

Regards.

Hi Felt

Dong

Do you actually use those local red open air busess? i see them them time to time capsize by the road,, but be adventure that one.

I have to say on my behave, i have never use the bussess and will never use as i see them driving like lunatic's and ofcourse this accident of tour buss,,, it has been said buy some one who survived tha tthey inform driver abt the small fire and ignored that,, i mean how dangerous is that....

Not saying that driving car is safer but at least if one hire small car and driver can tell him slow down or dive safer...

But i have to say that i heard good comment's abt bussess as well, few days ago friend of mine came from Pattaya to ubon with 2 fllor tour buss and they had sofa and everything in the 2nd floor and he was there all alone...how cool is that and there is buss hostess all the time,, like own privet buss...

question for both sides,,

Good & Bad Comments about open air busess, and if some one has any "Closed" calls and if you are still using busessesssssss

Marco, It was a slow trip with many pickups and drop offs on the way,i like to travell with the locals,its an experience, But compared to the bus trips i have had in laos, well thats another story

Thanks for all the information.

Was up there now last weekend (Ubon R. / Mukdahan)

Great places, I loved it and understand very well why more and more foreigners settle down up there. It felt more real. Easy going, for some maybe slow when used to the "fast lane" in tourist places, but for me it was enjoyment from first minute.

Thanks & Regards.