UK Visa Application

Thai wife has stopped working to further her education and is therefore a student. This obviously means she has no monthly income. Not much in the way of reasons to return. Finances covered by a sponsor. Accommodation covered by sponsor.

What would the chances of having a visa issued be?

Thanks.

Edited by puchooay

Evidence of the further education might help together with evidence on how it's being financed, is the sponsor based in Thailand, are they an item are they living together here, where does she live and how?

Whilst the guys will try to assist, we need the full story.

• Thanks 1

There's always the danger that when a spouse who is also the sponsor lives in the UK and the applicant lives in Thailand that the ECO, the decision maker, will assume, rightly or wrongly, that the applicant might attempt to circumnavigate the settlement visa requiremets and simply visit and stay there under the radar.

She really needs to leave the ECO in no doubt whatsoever that she's a genuine visitor who intends to visit the UK for a short holiday, after which she will retuen to her home and studies in Thailand.  

She should provide details of her education commitments, her living arrangements here, the reasons for the holiday and maybe their plans for the future.

Applications like this are difficult, but not impossible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

There's always the danger that when a spouse who is also the sponsor lives in the UK and the applicant lives in Thailand that the ECO, the decision maker, will assume, rightly or wrongly, that the applicant might attempt to circumnavigate the settlement visa requiremets and simply visit and stay there under the radar.

She really needs to leave the ECO in no doubt whatsoever that she's a genuine visitor who intends to visit the UK for a short holiday, after which she will retuen to her home and studies in Thailand.  

She should provide details of her education commitments, her living arrangements here, the reasons for the holiday and maybe their plans for the future.

Applications like this are difficult, but not impossible.

Thanks. That is the way I was thinking. Reasons to return to Thailand I think are the tricky bit. I think I should add, this is her first application. I guess if she had been before or even had travel history from other visa required countries, and subsequently returned to Thailand, it would be a lot easier.

Edited by puchooay

4 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

What evidence is there to prove she is a student ?

What is she studying and what does the course involve - has she paid fees ?

How long is the UK visit ?

As I understand it, there will be a copy of the acceptance document from the education establishment.

Not sure of the course type. Fees have been paid.

The application is for a 4 week visit.

• Like 1

Forgive my ignorance but I presume that the further education is at University ?... and the visit will be during term breaks ?

The applicant must be quite young, unless she is a mature student - and the UK based sponsor, what sort of age. How long married ?

Just trying to build a picture of the relationship because once any doubt is put in the mind of an ECO it is very easy for them to doubt the genuineness of the relationship.

• Thanks 1

I assume that the wife has only just enrolled as a student ? 

Is there a danger that an ECO might see this as the equivalent of financial padding.......ie it looks like she has enrolled as a student in the (mistaken?) belief that it will improve her chances of a visa being approved.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Forgive my ignorance but I presume that the further education is at University ?... and the visit will be during term breaks ?

I am not sure of the type of establishment but do not believe it to be a university.

8 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

The applicant must be quite young, unless she is a mature student - and the UK based sponsor, what sort of age. How long married ?

She is under 21 sure. Married about a year. He is late 20s maybe 30.

5 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Is there a danger that an ECO might see this as the equivalent of financial padding.......ie it looks like she has enrolled as a student in the (mistaken?) belief that it will improve her chances of a visa being approved.

That is my fear.

• Like 1