Paid electricity bill at BigC, they want ID and phone number!

Vacuum

8 minutes ago, ukrules said:

It's so they can send you annoying adverts via SMS

Yes I understand this, the bank (one of them) always ask for a phone number when I do a withdrawal. I tell them no have. Question is more about showing an ID card when paying a bill.

Edited by Vacuum
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

The point is...it is none of their damn business what a paying customer's phone number is...

If I bring you an electric bill and cash...just take the money and mark the bill paid!

Is that also your answer when your bank or immigration ask you for the number? 

• Confused 9

I have always been asked for my phone number when paying a bill at Big C - certainly over the last couple of years.

Some months ago I reported they were also asking for ID as requested by the govt......... I think it is their interpretation as I was not asked when paying the leccy bill at the PEA office a couple of weeks later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Puchaiyank said:

The point is...it is none of their damn business what a paying customer's phone number is...

If I bring you an electric bill and cash...just take the money and mark the bill paid!

I bet no one asked if it is Big C that wants the number, or if PEA asked them to ask for it. Just the ordinay complaining. If it´s not TM30, then it´s the phone number in Big C.

1 hour ago, 55Jay said:

Reasonable to question divulging personal information. Only you interpret that as making a haystack. 

What's different now than before when it wasn't be asked?  Will it be sold?  More AIS bulls**t where I was somehow subscribed to daily VDO text messages (in Thai) that had been deducting money from our phone credit all along, without our consent or knowledge? 

More Robocalls?  They are an out of control blight on humanity in the US already, seems Thailand's catching on - I've gotten a few here.

So, who's really asking for it and why?   Never been asked for ID or Ph# at PEA office when paying the bill.

The Daily VDO rext messages are something you get for you, your wife or your kids registered or downloaded something from Internet, sometimes Youtube and it´s Google that gives them the info, or Facebook. Probably registered the phone number somewhere and maybe even saved it for easy fill in forms in computer too.

1 hour ago, Sticky Wicket said:

Bend over and touch your toes

If you want to take it that way, up to you.

• Sad 3

14 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

The Daily VDO rext messages are something you get for you, your wife or your kids registered or downloaded something from Internet, sometimes Youtube and it´s Google that gives them the info, or Facebook. Probably registered the phone number somewhere and maybe even saved it for easy fill in forms in computer too.

Thanks for the explanation, but that wasn't the point. 

The point is you don't seem to know either, yet you want to downplay and dismiss someone who's asking a vaild question, because you're worn out and weary about internet whingers. 

Why continue to smash yourself over the head?  Don't click.  Don't weigh in. Save yourself from yourself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

Why continue to smash yourself over the head?  Don't click.  Don't weigh in. Save yourself from yourself.

Eeeh? I guess only you know what you just posted. Thought this thread was about ID and phone number for paying electricity bill at Big C, not you giving advice to me when and how to post at Thai Visa.

12 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Since 3 months it's possible to pay the PEA-bill using Kasikorn Banks mobile app. The bill is paid in 30 seconds.  

LOL. But then you're using your phone and giving them your number...

• Haha 1

I'm pretty sure it is just as a way to track who paid what in case of dispute at a later date.  This bill was paid here by this person at this time.  Not worth getting worked up about.  

Pay it online then that information is already there because it is registered as being paid by your bank account so no need to enter your phone number or ID  But wait, your bank already has your ID and phone number - another invasion of privacy!!

1 hour ago, 55Jay said:

Ohhhh, I rather doubt I'm the only one who gets it, so don't try to bootstrap by enlisting the anonymous masses without their consent.  And then act dumb, like you can't understand what I've said to you.   Because you do the very same thing here and in other threads.  Moaning about moaners.  Oh, you poor dear. 

And again, I don´t have a clue about what kind of message or contribution to the thread you are trying to give. Nevermind.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Haha 2

On 8/30/2019 at 2:40 PM, Matzzon said:

And whats the problem. Just give them what they need and pay the bill. Why must everybody make a hay stack out of a straw. Beginning to believe that most of the population gone haywire.

Because it's none of their festering business. By using their shop to pay bills I normally buy a few things whilst I'm in their, which I assume is why they offer the bill-paying service. Snooping isn't part of the deal.

Edited by jesimps
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/30/2019 at 5:59 PM, Matzzon said:

I bet no one asked if it is Big C that wants the number, or if PEA asked them to ask for it. Just the ordinay complaining. If it´s not TM30, then it´s the phone number in Big C.

If you want to take it that way, up to you.

You must give me the number of your rose-coloured specs provider.

• Haha 2