Getting A British Passport Without Being Married.

chrisspursbkk1

Hi all,

im in need of some advice concerning me and my preganant girlfreind, my girlfreind and i have been together for 14 months now, to are delight she is now 3 months gone and we are both very happy, i said to her that i don't want to get married due to the fact of seeing so many failed marrages in the family and with freinds she is really cool about this but would it affect me getting are first new born a British passport? although we both want to stay in LOS i think it would be a very good idear to look into the future as you never know what might happen. Any advice would great. :o

I was corrected on another Thai forum when I said the the child of an unmarried couple took the nationality of the Thai mother, it seems now your child can take the nationality of the father and get the British Passport, Good luck! (posted this before reading Scouses post, sorry) :o

Edited by oldoldgit!!

I was corrected on another Thai forum when I said the the child of an unmarried couple took the nationality of the Thai mother, it seems now your child can take the nationality of the father and get the British Passport, Good luck! (posted this before reading Scouses post, sorry) :o

Child will be both.

• 1 month later...

You can go to British Embassy and ask to have your new born "recognized" as a british citizen. You will need a birth certificate of the Child with both you and mother's name and translated into English if not already. You will also need your passport and possibly other proof of your British citizenship

another issue to be consider is under Thai law, a child who born to unmarried parent the right would be fully granted to mother only.So, god forbid if anything happened between your relationship(which I hope not just incase) She can refuse to share custody whatsoever.

Make sure you do this soon after the birth if your not married.

As if your not married as far as i no you may require dna tests to

prove the baby is yours

I'm was married got British birth certificate and passport no prob's

Kerrs