Understanding Thai Post tracking for international delivery

ScottBooth

Usually the tracking will stop when it leaves the airport (outgoing international on tracking). It then goes into no mans land until it emerges from customs in the receiving country. (depending on service used)

It was rejected by customs at the airport and returned to you. They should deliver it to the return address Monday.

First guess is there was some problem with your CN-22 form. What was in the package? Was it legal to export? Another possibility is that the clerk screwed up and there was invalid postage. In any case, you'll find out in a few days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/31/2019 at 5:32 PM, ScottBooth said:

Its not been returned.

I will have to contact them to see thats happening.

Happened to me a couple of years ago when I was living in BKK, they couldn't understand the delivery address at the airport, it was correctly addressed.

It was returned to the sending post office, they didn't notify me despite the fact my number was on the package, I collected from the post office when I went to enquire, and they returned the charges I'd paid.

• Like 1

I used to run an export biz and would send small packs daily with thai post. This happened to me repeatedly with things that were deemed unable to export like things that MAY contain oil, fuels and such.. i was selling motorcycle parts given this excuse but there are many banned things.

That said, they are absolute morons and strange things happen and as soon as you complain more strange things happen until your forced to use other delivery services to protect your biz. 

There are many cases however that information is not updated in the public tracking system or entered wrong. If it hasn't returned this is probably whats happened but youll probably have to check.

Has to be the worst postal service on the world. Thank god for kerry for domestic!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Griff4114 said:

Go to royal mail tracking enter the number and it will tell you if its been received into the uk postal system

Waste of time. The package never left the country and has been returned to sender but the sender has to go collect it. Only then will he learn why. Maybe.

Typically the foreigner doesn't understand Thai so the explanation causes their eyes to glaze over or they cannot accept that the declaration or addressing was wrong or the contents were restricted and they resort to calling Thailand Post 'morons' or something similar.

Regarding UK addresses that present 'cannot find' problems to Thailand Post, the Channel islands and Isle of Man used to throw a spanner in the works a few years back. Not sure if that's all sorted now.

1 hour ago, Griff4114 said:

Go to royal mail tracking enter the number and it will tell you if its been received into the uk postal system

I do the same with the US Postal Service. Have not had any problems with Thai Post Registered Mail.

On 8/31/2019 at 5:32 PM, ScottBooth said:

Its not been returned.

I will have to contact them to see thats happening.

Yes. Their website will show 'successful' when it reaches the postal facility mentioned which is the originating one. They should be able to locate it with the tracking number and your photo ID and advise what happened.

On 8/31/2019 at 10:04 PM, Monomial said:

It was rejected by customs at the airport and returned to you. They should deliver it to the return address Monday.

First guess is there was some problem with your CN-22 form. What was in the package? Was it legal to export? Another possibility is that the clerk screwed up and there was invalid postage. In any case, you'll find out in a few days.

Trust me, customs do not check parcels that we send. So funny actually to even think that they do ????

Edited by gamesgplayemail