Climate will ultimately send more of us packing than regulations

Brunolem

3 hours ago, runamok27 said:

5 or 10 years, really? Climate changes occur over hundreds or thousands of years, not 5 or 10 years. We humans have very little data on climate and we're trying to make predictions based on about nearly 0% of actual climate of the earths history. They even had to change the name from Global Warming to Climate Change because calling it Global Warming wasn't working out so well for them. We have basically no clue how or why the climate changes. We've got a lot to learn. Just go out, enjoy life and quit worrying so much. Even if you lived to be 200 years old, the amount of climate change you would see would be minimal.

actually we know why and how climate fluctuate.....

and it got nothing to do with co2,

but co2 is an effect of changes, so we can see

how it has changed.

the thing climate warriors got wrong is that they mis-read

the data from co2 being an effect of changes,

- to being the cause

scroll to 21 minute

Edited by brokenbone

Never took out the jacket the entire winter in Udon Thani, and had to use the A/C half the time in winter at night. No more thick quilts needed. Rarely used the A/C 4-5 years ago in winter. Rainy season - shorter, but more intense. Ponds used to overflow in September, now August or even July.

UK - new records for high temperatures were set in July and August. As for a cold June, I was there, and not cold! Just not many hot days.

18 hours ago, rumak said:

Talking with my daughter today (skype) she said work was ok but just like her last job it was frustrating because she knew she could do a better job than the owners.   

I said "that's how I feel every time i think of the world".

Had my bike ride already.   Let's see what's on Netflix.....................

Do people still use Skype?

Even my old mum uses WhatsApp although it did take her an afternoon to get

the hang of it!!

2 hours ago, shy coconut said:

Do people still use Skype?

Even my old mum uses WhatsApp although it did take her an afternoon to get

the hang of it!!

skype works great for me.  any advantages to WhatsApp over Skype ?

Edited by rumak

16 hours ago, CGW said:

Nonsense! but carry on regardless you have managed to convince yourself! 

Nonsense is not a fact! 

Why not bringing weather related facts that contradict mine? 

Do you still enjoy the 3 seasons, like clockwork, every year? 

If so, please let me know where, so that I can come and look for a new place to live... 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, timendres said:

Just as many earth changes have done for millennia.

Personally, I think the politicians are making a serious mistake to use the global warming boogeyman. Why not just stick to the things every one can agree upon? We all want cleaner air, cleaner water, less dependance on fossil fuel, and more renewable energy. No need for a difficult to demonstrate boogeyman to get consensus on those issues.

Forget about millenia... natural changes occur over millions of years... 

Maybe the populations want the changes you name, but the problem is that those in power don't want these changes, because they benefit from the status quo. 

So it's all talk and talk, and meanwhile emissions keep on increasing, more plastic is sent to the oceans, more garbage is piled up, more poison is spread on crops, soil, water and the atmosphere. 

Humans are not able of preemptive action, despite all the talking... they need the catastrophe to happen in order to react... and then they will say "nobody could have seen this coming"... just like the next financial crash... 

12 hours ago, runamok27 said:

5 or 10 years, really? Climate changes occur over hundreds or thousands of years, not 5 or 10 years. We humans have very little data on climate and we're trying to make predictions based on about nearly 0% of actual climate of the earths history. They even had to change the name from Global Warming to Climate Change because calling it Global Warming wasn't working out so well for them. We have basically no clue how or why the climate changes. We've got a lot to learn. Just go out, enjoy life and quit worrying so much. Even if you lived to be 200 years old, the amount of climate change you would see would be minimal.

What is fascinating is that, when it comes to climate, everybody is an expert and the climate scientists supposedly don't know anything! 

One may wonder why scientists from other disciplines should be trusted, and why the self-proclaimed climate experts don't also reject the results brought by physicists, geologists, biologists and so on? 

What's so special about climate science? Except maybe that what it says is... inconvenient? 

Exactly like when medical science, some decades ago, was saying that tobacco is not good for your health. 

It also took a long fight to have this inconvenient scientific result accepted... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Flooding in Isaan—very unusual, says my wife, who grew up here.  Rice harvest always came through plentiful.

Isaan is big and flooding is a frequent occurence in some parts, such as in Ubon for example. 

I have lived through many floods in Eastern Isaan over the last 20 years. 

And many of these have made it to the TV news... 

Edited by Brunolem
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brunolem said:

Why not bringing weather related facts that contradict mine? 

Weather fact - it naturally changes every year:- Yet the deniers can't accept this, not enough "drama" and no money in natural change.

Weather scientists all benchmark using the same flawed model, "surprisingly" they get the same result, which pays very well :wink:

The only source of heat for planet earth is the Sun, it is not stable, never has been , never will be? :wink:

Geological_Timescale.jpg

1 hour ago, Brunolem said:

Isaan is big and flooding is a frequent occurence in some parts, such as in Ubon for example.

True, it has always flooded, in the past - before 24 hour news it wouldn't have been "news", though as you say many, many times floods have been reported

One only has to look at the main roads, they are raised above the level of the fields, over the years they have been raised more to prevent the seasonal floods stopping traffic, you don't have to go back many years (pre - Thaksin era) & there were very few decent roads in the NE, never mind roads that were passable in floods.

For the doubters look up Tropical storms "Ira" in 1990, Zita in 1997 & a whole lot more, its a harsh and cruel climate in the NE, always has been............

Climate change is real, and it has been as long as there has been a climate on earth. 

"Global cooling" was replaced by "Global warming", which is now replaced by "Climate change" - the ultimate slogan - that covers everything. Heavy snow fall, heavy rain, forest fires, acid oceans - everything is because of "Climate change". 

And why? Co2 co2 co2 co2 co2 co2.. a gas vital to life. Carbon.. Everything is built of carbon. 

"The science is settled" - heard this before? 

There is climate change, but not because of Co2. The sun, the solar system and the universe is driving our climate. 

Luckily, we still have real scientists who aren't driven by ideology, who are studying empirical evidence (not models), and are publishing according to scientific methods. 
This video is very technical, but it’s final nail in “C02 is the main driver of climate change”-coffin. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfRBr7PEawY

Edited by mortenaa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

the weather patterns are certainly changing,but is the cause fossil fuels? There was a mini ice age back in the 13th century,and sixteenth century and there was n't a fossil fuel thing going on then except cows farting....ozone depletion? sure thing sun much hotter than 40 years ago.Even if fossil fuels are n't the cause today, it would still be a good idea to clean them up regardless and at the same time ban plastic, would help clean the earth up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CGW said:

Weather fact - it naturally changes every year:- Yet the deniers can't accept this, not enough "drama" and no money in natural change.

Weather scientists all benchmark using the same flawed model, "surprisingly" they get the same result, which pays very well :wink:

The only source of heat for planet earth is the Sun, it is not stable, never has been , never will be? :wink:

Geological_Timescale.jpg

The weather certainly changes, but the weather patterns are certainly not supposed to. 

Back to Thailand and its former 3 very distinct seasons, there have been changes there that are not natural... the disappearance of the cool and dry season happened in less than 5 years, way too fast for mother nature. 

As for the climate models, which are among the most complex and require the use of supercomputers, do you have the professional expertise to analyze them and give a verdict regarding their reliability? 

What gives you more qualifications than world renowed scientists such as James Hansen (formerly NASA), James Lovelock or Jared Diamond, to name a few? 

These guys don't need climate change to make a buck, they were well established long before that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mortenaa said:

And why? Co2 co2 co2 co2 co2 co2.. a gas vital to life. Carbon.. Everything is built of carbon. 

There is climate change, but not because of Co2. The sun, the solar system and the universe is driving our climate. 

CO2 is vital for plant life, but I wouldn't recommend you to breathe it during your sleep if you wish to wake up the next day! 

CO2 and carbon are two very different things, the first is a molecule while the second is an atom. 

CO2 is a byproduct, notably of animal respiration, including ours. 

Climate change caused by the sun has been debunked over and over, and even the fossil fuel industry (Shell and others) has come to admit the existence of manmade, and not sunmade, climate change. 

Yet, there is still a resistance which, for some strange reason, largely emanates from US citizens... go wonder why... 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

Back to Thailand and its former 3 very distinct seasons, there have been changes there that are not natural... the disappearance of the cool and dry season happened in less than 5 years, way too fast for mother nature. 

As for the climate models, which are among the most complex and require the use of supercomputers, do you have the professional expertise to analyze them and give a verdict regarding their reliability? 

What gives you more qualifications than world renowed scientists such as James Hansen (formerly NASA), James Lovelock or Jared Diamond, to name a few? 

These guys don't need climate change to make a buck, they were well established long before that. 

You seem to insist the "cool & dry season" has disappeared, where in Thailand are you? 2 years ago in the NE was the coolest weather I have ever experienced in Asia, last winter in the NE was cool?

Do we need qualifications to question? (Schooling tries to prevent the questioning process by indoctrination - I know) or do we have to blindly accept what some of the "good old boys" in science tell us is the truth? generally to further their bank balance or maintain their credibility.

Lovelock formulated the Gaia hypnosis, very controversial, look at the graph I posted? Jared D is an author, he sells books for profit! maybe you should send the facts to them? Look at the chart - the undeniable 100% true facts do not agree with the assertions you are insisting are "correct"

Your comments about CO2, please explain based on the graph how what you are stating about CO2 levels is even vaguely true? made up nonsense in pursuit of dollars!

4 hours ago, RideJocky said:

Yes, only a fool would believe the Sun has anything to do with the climate

“Them what bite, gonna get bit. Them what don’t bite, gonna damn sure get ate up” JDH ‘77

And only a fool would believe that the weather changes occurring are not a result of overpopulation and the buildup of human-generated greenhouse gases in the atmosphere. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Brunolem said:

CO2 is vital for plant life, but I wouldn't recommend you to breathe it during your sleep if you wish to wake up the next day! 

CO2 and carbon are two very different things, the first is a molecule while the second is an atom. 

Climate change caused by the sun has been debunked over and over, and even the fossil fuel industry (Shell and others) has come to admit the existence of manmade, and not sunmade, climate change. 

Yet, there is still a resistance which, for some strange reason, largely emanates from US citizens... go wonder why... 

the fact is you breath in co2 with every breath as you sleep, and yet you wake up again and repeat the climate change nonsense every day

climate change as a cause of co2 has been debunked long ago, its the other way around, co2 concentration is a byproduct of climate change,

that is, first comes the changes in climate,

then after a few hundred years, the co2 concentration alters as a result of the climate change

Edited by brokenbone

On 9/2/2019 at 2:46 PM, timendres said:

If I am not mistaken, this tilt has been seeing some quite exaggerated changes itself recently.

its the sneaky co2 that causes the tilt of the earth, since its not a homogen molecule,

that unhinges the world, and as a result,

we are doomed, hurricanes an omen

of worse to come, drouts, rainfall,

doom is coming, scientists & shamans  alerts us

we have only 10 years left to beg god for mercy and make peace with our self,

and meanwhile as usual,

someone is making bank in the hysteria

Edited by brokenbone

And only a fool would believe that the weather changes occurring are not a result of overpopulation and the buildup of human-generated greenhouse gases in the atmosphere. 

Are you confusing weather with climate?

“Them what bite, gonna get bit. Them what don’t bite, gonna damn sure get ate up” JDH ‘77

13 hours ago, Brunolem said:

I think you will find that CO2 is a compound and carbon is an element. Both are molecules though. I breathe CO2 in and out when I sleep, very hard to avoid as it is part of the atmosphere. Only .04%, but it is there nonetheless. Humans only contribute 3% of that .04% number Which makes our contribution of CO2 to the atmosphere .000012%.Even if we cut out contribution by half, which of course is impossible without creating massive famine and wars, we would still be in either a global warming or cooling cycle. And we are overdue for the cooling. No one wants the cooling I can assure you. Warming is the best scenario we have.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mortenaa said:

Climate change is real, and it has been as long as there has been a climate on earth. 

"Global cooling" was replaced by "Global warming", which is now replaced by "Climate change" - the ultimate slogan - that covers everything. Heavy snow fall, heavy rain, forest fires, acid oceans - everything is because of "Climate change". 

"The science is settled" - heard this before? 

Luckily, we still have real scientists who aren't driven by ideology, who are studying empirical evidence (not models), and are publishing according to scientific methods. 
This video is very technical, but it’s final nail in “C02 is the main driver of climate change”-coffin. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfRBr7PEawY

The information on that video is incredible. It proves that the greenhouse effect does not exist in our atmosphere, or not in the way it is commonly explained anyways. The climate apocolypists are going to have to do some really fancy spinning to get past this inconvenient truth.

Edited by canuckamuck

16 hours ago, Brunolem said:

Becasue we are realize that the climate models are flawed and based on fraud. Or are you not familiar with Michael Mann?

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 2:24 PM, thaicurious said:

We'll be dead by then.

Ladies and gentlemen, the Universe as we know it has been in existence for One hundred and seventy thousand million billion years and will be ending in a little over 10 minutes time....

Aren't the climate alarmist saying we have only 12 years  before it's over for us?

Re LOS, I wanted to stay there because it's hot. Hotter the   better far as I was concerned.

I now live in a cold country and it sucks. Give me hot and sweaty anytime.

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 3:17 AM, InQuiet said:

So why are the authorities NOT mandating population control? If it's overpopulation causing it, lets reduce the population. However, not even a whisper from the media about it.