Climate will ultimately send more of us packing than regulations

Brunolem

26 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

i think its the ice cold temperature in london that will

make you wish you could afford to satay long time

in thailand

https://electroverse.net/central-england-on-course-for-its-17th-coldest-june-in-360-years-of-records-crop-concerns-grand-solar-minimum/

Central England on Course for it’s 17th Coldest June in 360 Years of Records — Crop Concerns — Grand Solar Minimum

CET-June-2019-e1560587730920.gif?fit=708

ed: england is a symbol of the ice age that is coming to us, and what can we do about it ????

heres hoping my home country monthly bank transfer dont freeze up until after im ded

Yup, If the Gulfstream shuts down due to ice melt (keeps salt water from sinking at a rate fast enough to keep the conveyer going), that could throw Europe into a mini Ice Age.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wombat said:

The Earth's axis is tilted 23.5 degrees from the plane of its orbit around the sun. But this tilt changes during a cycle , The tilt of the axis varies between 22.1 and 24.5 degrees. Because this tilt changes, the seasons as we know them become exaggerated

If I am not mistaken, this tilt has been seeing some quite exaggerated changes itself recently.

• Confused 1

I am from Perth and the rainfall there has already reduced markedly in the last 20 y, such that the dams now contribute little water and they have mostly desal and recycling, which are expensive. If it reduces much more the whole area may be useless for agriculture.

But where I live in LOS, has abundant groundwater, and never floods, no sea level issues, but yes it seems to be getting hotter. Re climate change, this is a better bet.

Now, try to imagine what this weather might be 5 or 10 years from now, if things keep on evolving the way they are. 

I wouldn't bother. Forecasters have a job getting the weather right a few days ahead, let alone five or ten years in the future. 

And as for those "experts" currently pushing up depression and suicide rates with predictions of a global warming apocalypse. . . 

Many of us are old enough to remember that back in the Seventies they warned us to prepare for the next ice age - and some apparently still believe it's on the way!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Chill out man, it's not going to worry us it happens no matter what . It's just the Ice Age. It will get a bit warmer for a few thousand years and than it will Kool down again for a few thousand years. So grow old and die like everyone else  :stoner:

Very good topic and well written. The weather no doubt is and will have an impact on those expats staying in Thailand. I've actually noticed the difference in 10 years from the time I got to Thailand in 2009. The hot season for 2018 was much more intense and long than any other I'd experienced and no doubt will only get worse. My girlfriends parents in Sarakham haven't been able to produce a rice crop the last 2 years and that's the first time ever they can remember that situation since they've been alive,(they are in their late 60's). Anyways, its very scary what's to become of the climate and its impacts on Thailand and everywhere else for that matter.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Brunolem said:

Thailand is a symbol of climate change

Eh, haven't  noticed  any  difference  except  last  two  years  were  wetter   than  the  last 4, its  always  hot usually  reaches max 42 c for 1-2  days,  min over  the  last 5  years 13 c  one  morning  , Prachuapkhirikhan.

8 minutes ago, Aspaltso said:

The hot season for 2018 was much more intense and long than any other I'd experienced

Yeah its  called  weather and your  opinion, mine was cooler than the last 3  years which were much  hotter,  much  longer, last two years much better, more  rain and not so  hot.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Brunolem said:

Now, try to imagine what this weather might be 5 or 10 years from now, if things keep on evolving the way they are.

They told me 30  years ago the Maldives would be gone, still there, 1989  was  told  this. Much more problems from over tourism.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Aspaltso said:

Very good topic and well written. The weather no doubt is and will have an impact on those expats staying in Thailand. I've actually noticed the difference in 10 years from the time I got to Thailand in 2009. The hot season for 2018 was much more intense and long than any other I'd experienced and no doubt will only get worse. My girlfriends parents in Sarakham haven't been able to produce a rice crop the last 2 years and that's the first time ever they can remember that situation since they've been alive,(they are in their late 60's). Anyways, its very scary what's to become of the climate and its impacts on Thailand and everywhere else for that matter.

Life is scary for many reasons. Global warming, in whatever form it may or may not manifest, will create winners and losers. Just as many earth changes have done for millennia. And when those changes occur, people will adapt, just as they have for millennia. I think far more pressing matters will create far bigger problems long before global warming plays out. Personally, I think the politicians are making a serious mistake to use the global warming boogeyman. Why not just stick to the things every one can agree upon? We all want cleaner air, cleaner water, less dependance on fossil fuel, and more renewable energy. No need for a difficult to demonstrate boogeyman to get consensus on those issues.

5 or 10 years, really? Climate changes occur over hundreds or thousands of years, not 5 or 10 years. We humans have very little data on climate and we're trying to make predictions based on about nearly 0% of actual climate of the earths history. They even had to change the name from Global Warming to Climate Change because calling it Global Warming wasn't working out so well for them. We have basically no clue how or why the climate changes. We've got a lot to learn. Just go out, enjoy life and quit worrying so much. Even if you lived to be 200 years old, the amount of climate change you would see would be minimal.

24 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

Eh, haven't  noticed  any  difference  except  last  two  years  were  wetter   than  the  last 4, its  always  hot usually  reaches max 42 c for 1-2  days,  min over  the  last 5  years 13 c  one  morning  , Prachuapkhirikhan.

In The Netherlands we have heat waves in 2018 and 2019 July and August. In Juli it was one day up 40 C. Almost no rain in the summer. Heat records are broken. Still not enough rain to get a normal ground water level. Our dikes dry out, this is dangerous when we have much rain again. YES WE HAVE ALSO A TUCH OF CLIMATE CHANGE.

12 hours ago, Brunolem said:

Climate will ultimately send more of us packing than regulations.

Have no idea what you're on about Suk in the north has been changeable yes but only a bit hotter at the beginning of the year, now it doesn't stop yen raining at the moment.

1 minute ago, Max Brok said:

In The Netherlands we have heat waves in 2018 and 2019 July and August. In Juli it was one day up 40 C. Almost no rain in the summer. Heat records are broken. Still not enough rain to get a normal ground water level. Our dikes dry out, this is dangerous when we have much rain again. YES WE HAVE ALSO A TUCH OF CLIMATE CHANGE.

We are  talking about Thailand specifically.