What are the low risk Tourist Visa countries right now?

Hey guys,

I know Vientiane used to be considered one of the "easiest" places to get approved for a Tourist Visa, but having read recent reports it looks like that is no longer the case.

So I'm wondering, for those who already had Thai Tourist Visas in the past, what countries (near Thailand) are now considered the lowest risk? I've been told that Vietnam and Kuala Lumpur are safer bets, but I'd love to know the opinion around here.

Thank you.

EDIT: British, 27.

Edited by lewis91

1 hour ago, lewis91 said:

So I'm wondering, for those who already had Thai Tourist Visas in the past, what countries (near Thailand) are now considered the lowest risk? I've been told that Vietnam and Kuala Lumpur are safer bets, but I'd love to know the opinion around here.

There aren’t any these days and KL have always pretty much gone by the book. Vietnam was a good choice, but they too are starting to tighten up on serial tourists. Myanmar is probably safer than most right now as they don’t see many applications.

Unfortunately, theses days it’s dodgy wherever you apply if you have a passport full of tourist visas. A clean passport, currently, solves the problem if you start getting denied new visas.  

You are at high risk if you fly into the country.

Both airports in Bangkok (Suvarnabhumi and Don Mueng) are at an all time high strict point.

So even if you get a visa and fly in from Vietnam or another country, you still need to pass Immigration at the airport where they can deny your entry even if you have an un-used visa.

Land borders are the most chill and laid back (at least for now.. who knows about next year though?)

Your best and safest bet is entering Thailand through the border at Thai-Lao or Penang or even Myanmar and then fly to Bangkok via Domestic flight so you don't go through custom immigration control and get questioned.

Edited by acenase

I don’t understand all the fuss. My daughters and their friends (British passport) have been visiting Thailand for years on end and solely on visa exempt. Never ever had a problem, whether at Swampy, DMK, CNX or Sadao.
Why are some tourists being rejected entry?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 2

Just now, Gweiloman said:

Why are some tourists being rejected entry?

Simplistically put, because they do not appear to be tourists.

Be it from multiple use of Visa Exempt or Tourist Visas or combination, and a lot of time in Thailand. 

• Like 2