Indian visitors to Phuket surge whilst total numbers drop

webfact

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am an Indian and this thread doesn't offend me

Yes there are some negative stereotypes when it comes to Indian's(every country has a stereotype) but you should know that we are a billion people with atleast 9 recognized religions which teach everyone different culture. 

When we are kids we are tought to save money(Talking about the old generation) and our parents too impose the same on their kids which is why Indian's are known to be stingy(or smart?) with money. We like to get the best value at everything and we are not risk takers like the west but I can say the current generation is pushing ahead of these stereotypes(bless the internet) and we are becoming more risk takers and conquerinng the world slowly.

There are stupid people in every country who are nothing but a blot on tourism and i don't deny that. Even i am ashamed when i see my fellow indian's misbehaving when they go out but we cant do much about that but times a changing so we can't generalize. I have also seen a lot of brits, americans behaving the same during my travels but i don't generalize because afterall they are human beings.

So lets Live Today, Love Tomorrow, Unite Forever :D

4 hours ago, b2bme said:

I take it you look down on Indians or see yourself above them. Typical comment though from someone of the flag on your profile. I laugh at your pompous attitude as your Empire crumbles.

I recall reading where your national dish is now curry and chips......LOL

Not that Indians look down on Indians thanks to their caste system? The Indians that come to Thailand have a well deserved reputation as cheap c****, not all but most.

3 hours ago, Kashy said:

Also indians dont beg money to go back.

yes,  they  just  stay  illegally  as  mentioned by  immigration along with Burmese etc and blamed the problems western farangs were  having with tm30  on this as a blanket  measure I seem to recall

I don't care if the Chinese and Indians come to Thailand. Let them come. The Thai government will find a way to make them feel unwelcome at sometime in the not too distant future. The low income Thai on the street will feel the ones feeling the pinch of the low quality tourists. The high quality Indian and Chinese tourists will op for destinations like Singapore, Oz, Japan, Europe, and the US. They are like anyone else who wants value for their money.

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Arrivals from India from January – July, compared to the same period in 2018, grew 354%, amassing a total of 186,360 arrivals

grow 354% that's huge, are they the famous ""quality (rich) tourists"" TAT mention sometime ago???

4 hours ago, Thaifriends said:

They and Chinese now have more money. Everyone is crying of strong baht but they can spend. Grow up face reality. 

Funny how the Thais see it differently. What the Indians have to learn is, whereas they might be big shots in their own country they are nothing, just like the rest of us, in Thailand. They strut around believing they are kings, how wrong they are. This is the REALITY.

6 hours ago, b2bme said:

I take it you look down on Indians or see yourself above them. Typical comment though from someone of the flag on your profile. I laugh at your pompous attitude as your Empire crumbles.

It’s probably nothing to do with looking down on people and more to do with standard. Goto India it’s mostly a <deleted> hole and famous for deli belly.

why do you have an inferiority complex?

and why are you so anti British?

The price of cigarettes will go up on Phuket and the plain boxes will be littered every where.

Cigarettes are used in India, to be thrown at large mobs of people and beggars, to keep them away from you or your transport.

India's population density is 1,065 persons per square kilometer.

My god what a mess Thailand is in 

do the government not realise what is happened to the tourists trade 

Chinese do not spend in the shops

bars restaurants massage anywhere 

other than Chinese owned 

Indians never spend the tightest race I have ever met if you said you would charge them 1 bht they would want to pay 1/2 bht both are no good to the average working people in Thailand 

yes most of uk Europe America Australia want value for money 

Thailand dose not offer that now 

Cambodia Vietnam Philippines do

so we all are going there 

one day when the government wake up it will be to late 

if there was a referendum in Thailand 

i am sure the people will not vote to have Indian and Chinese tourists 

4 minutes ago, Cobby said:

My god what a mess Thailand is in 

do the government not realise what is happened to the tourists trade 

Chinese do not spend in the shops

bars restaurants massage anywhere 

other than Chinese owned 

Indians never spend the tightest race I have ever met if you said you would charge them 1 bht they would want to pay 1/2 bht both are no good to the average working people in Thailand 

yes most of uk Europe America Australia want value for money 

Thailand dose not offer that now 

Cambodia Vietnam Philippines do

so we all are going there 

one day when the government wake up it will be to late 

if there was a referendum in Thailand 

i am sure the people will not vote to have Indian and Chinese tourists 

Some punctuation would do the world of good to your post which I heartily disagree with.

To summarise.. what you are saying is

TOO MANY OF THEM AND NOT ENOUGH OF US.

They’re welcome to them, the girls won’t be happy being lured to a room to be confronted by a dozen of the dirty stinkers. Most girls won’t go near them anyway. Good luck Thailand I’m off to more welcoming places.

3 hours ago, Thaidude said:

I am an Indian and this thread doesn't offend me

Yes there are some negative stereotypes when it comes to Indian's(every country has a stereotype) but you should know that we are a billion people with atleast 9 recognized religions which teach everyone different culture. 

When we are kids we are tought to save money(Talking about the old generation) and our parents too impose the same on their kids which is why Indian's are known to be stingy(or smart?) with money. We like to get the best value at everything and we are not risk takers like the west but I can say the current generation is pushing ahead of these stereotypes(bless the internet) and we are becoming more risk takers and conquerinng the world slowly.

There are stupid people in every country who are nothing but a blot on tourism and i don't deny that. Even i am ashamed when i see my fellow indian's misbehaving when they go out but we cant do much about that but times a changing so we can't generalize. I have also seen a lot of brits, americans behaving the same during my travels but i don't generalize because afterall they are human beings.

So lets Live Today, Love Tomorrow, Unite Forever ????

most posters on this thread fail to see what Indian scientist and mathematicians have given the world.  sadly most here are lacking a comprehensive education and are ignorant of such contributions. 

19 hours ago, Brigand said:

Swamped by Indian tourists sounds ghastly to be honest. Most probably here just coming to gawp and not spend as any with money will choose a different destination.

I'm not sure this talk should be allowed. People are people. You are no better or worse then anyone else, on this good old earth

8 hours ago, b2bme said:

Racism and Nationalism aside it is a salient fact that in general Indians have a very poor reputation in Thailand. It may well be that these new wave of tourists will put the record straight , only time will tell.

4 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

I worked and lived in India for couple of years. The statistic at the time was that 25% of the 1.4 billion population didn't have access to a toilet. They were therefore forced to defecate and unrinate in the street, on pavements, doorways, fields, parks or where ever they could!

I remember the local MD's secretary saying she had to leave on time Wednesday because that was bath night! They openly said all the secretaries wore flowers in their hair every day to mask the body odor smells! Running water is a luxury there.

Not the fault of the people, they make the best with what they've got. But, it creates habits. Personal hygiene and sanitary conditions isn't high on their priorities!

Yes they have a huge problem with lack of toilets and women being raped.  In fact I watched a documentary and the Indian women cannot go take a dump at night for fear of being raped so they hold it until the next day and do it on the way to work...sad country.  They need to fix these things and that ridiculously stupid caste system.

Archived