Don Mueang paranoia

4 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

This is key. No clue if the OP was carry-on only?

The IO seemed nonplussed by your eBP? I've seen some rejections at SBIA/BKK reported with the eBP.

This, I believe is not accepted practice. BP's are supposed to be verified before entering the security check area.

But it is interesting to see how OLCI/no bag pax are handled differently than normal CI/bag pax, with FD at DMK.

When I travel I read all the rules and documentation carefully.  When I got the EBP on my app it clearly said, you will not be issued with a printed boarding pass. Being Thailand I didn't trust this advice so headed to the check in counter anyway. A staffer at the queue  said no need,  you have, can go through.

So all I can do is follow instructions.  

The immigration officer was not perplexed,  instead , I thought he was thorough because he checked every detail by looking at my Air Asia boarding pass on my phone. Once through the next step was security, just nearby. I was not asked for me EBP, but so what , if i had been i had it anyway.

At no point during the whole trip did I encounter any problems by having an Electronic Boarding Pass. I actually thought the system worked very well.

A month ago I booked tickt Udon hani to BKK EBP no problem. Return booked separate didn’t know what day returning to UT.

Requested EBP which I got and it said nite EBP can not be used 

at BKK. Used it with no problem. Very strange..