TM30 and Exiting Travellers Spending The Night At Airport

5 hours ago, Whyamiandwhatamidoinghere said:

Am I right to assume that there isn't a TM30 issue if I'm thru immigration already and a potential problem if I'm not? 

There's no potential problem at the airport at all, airside or otherwise. The only issue that could arise would be if you visited the (non-airport) immigration offices in need of an extension or some other service. 

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

This is getting crazy. When one is leaving why would TM 30 be a consideration, and if one returns, TM 30 starts again the following day.

Seems that some people think too much about things that are not even their responsibility.

But if the traveller sleeping downstairs pre immigration at Suwanabhumi is a few days overstay wouldn't that prompt a review of TM30 where you stayed in Thailand when immigration sees your overstay? Then in that review your whereabouts don't match with their records. Just asking this because occasionally we read stories, in the news, of travelers being fined for not staying where they reported because a review of their accommodations revealed the landlord or hotel or both failed to report them. 

5 minutes ago, Whyamiandwhatamidoinghere said:

But if the traveller sleeping downstairs pre immigration at Suwanabhumi is a few days overstay wouldn't that prompt a review of TM30 where you stayed in Thailand when immigration sees your overstay? Then in that review your whereabouts don't match with their records. Just asking this because occasionally we read stories, in the news, of travelers being fined for not staying where they reported because a review of their accommodations revealed the landlord or hotel or both failed to report them. 

Unless it's changed if one is AT the airport and overstayed just go to the overstay office and pay. They never used to give a damn. It was only if the cops got one before the airport that it became a problem with jail and such.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

This is getting crazy. When one is leaving why would TM 30 be a consideration, and if one returns, TM 30 starts again the following day.

Seems that some people think too much about things that are not even their responsibility.

I stand accuse of over thinking, but as you know what is said by immigration and what is actually practiced are sometimes strange bed fellows. Therefore, my brain goes on tilt. 

1 minute ago, Whyamiandwhatamidoinghere said:

I stand accuse of over thinking, but as you know what is said by immigration and what is actually practiced are sometimes strange bed fellows. Therefore, my brain goes on tilt. 

It's not a good idea to think too much when in LOS. They will always come up with something to stuff up one's day. All one can do is prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Just enjoy the bit between the entry stamp and the exit stamp.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Unless it's changed if one is AT the airport and overstayed just go to the overstay office and pay. They never used to give a damn. It was only if the cops got one before the airport that it became a problem with jail and such.

Who is going to sleep in the airport with more than one day overstay anyway? That's very bad planning. 

I agree with you and yes they didn't give a damn as you said but then again they never before gave a damn about TM30 but now they do. 

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's not a good idea to think too much when in LOS. They will always come up with something to stuff up one's day. All one can do is prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Just enjoy the bit between the entry stamp and the exit stamp.

Yeah.. I've been living in Thailand years now and probably should have stayed visiting paradise. ????

4 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

There seems to be people thinking up different scenarios regarding TM 30.

who knows what they are going to come up with next,I was on an overnight

train from Chiang Mai to Bangkok....do I need a TM 30 off the train driver ????

regards Worgeordie

Regards accepted but when I have a question I ask irregardless to what one assumes. 

6 hours ago, uzynkotak said:

How about sleeping in a tent or a hammock? I'll just start doing that to avoid tm30.

So, you will subject yourself the inconveniences of living in a hammock, instead of paying the fine? Why? are you a homeless person that you cant pay the fine? I won't do TM30 but I will pay the fine if needed. 

Edited by onera1961

9 hours ago, Whyamiandwhatamidoinghere said:

Cool! 

Um, how is it even possible to "spend the night at the airport after passing immigration" without first getting your boarding pass? And to do this, the ticket counters for airlines open usually 3 hours prior to departure. Other times those ticket counters are empty. Please explain how you managed to somehow get through immigration and spend the night?