TM30 online ..

Hello sorry if this is not the correct forum for this but couldnt find anything related ...so now we all have to register as soon or within 24 hours of arriving in Thailand ive been told ..so does this mean even tho we fill out our forms on board which we hand into immigration at immigration with the address where we are staying ie i have an appart in pattaya do i still have to go to immigration in Jomtien and fill out a TM30 ..if so can it be done on line i read in one of the forums some time ago that might be what the Thais will do ..any help appreciated tks 

You only have to complete a TM30 (register) if you need to deal with immigration and then only if you stay with friends rather than a hotel.

Looks like Thailand must learn the need to actively manage social media before misinformation drives their few remaining tourists to other countries ????

2 hours ago, mngmn said:

You only have to complete a TM30 (register) if you need to deal with immigration and then only if you stay with friends rather than a hotel.

Looks like Thailand must learn the need to actively manage social media before misinformation drives their few remaining tourists to other countries ????

Tks so no need to go to immigration on arrival at pattaya ...condo not hotel 

32 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

Tks so no need to go to immigration on arrival at pattaya if hotel but seeing it my condo so if not hotel and its my address do i have to report ..can you let me know   tks 

If you are arriving in Pattaya and will reside in a condo that you own, then the law states that you must file your TM30 within 24 hours of arrival. If you are renting the condo, then the condo owner is responsible for filing the TM30.

The comment by @mngmn "You only have to complete a TM30 (register) if you need to deal with immigration" is meant to imply that currently most foreigners only get nailed by the lack of a TM30 filing when they go to immigration to apply for an extension, or do a 90 day report, or otherwise need something at immigration. However, this is not entirely accurate. There are plenty of news reports of immigration arriving at a property owner's location and handing out a penalty for not filing. The odds of that are slim, but still possible.