Immigration Liaison

Well OP, the "job" you describe is know here as "Agent", but sadly for you all available position have been filled. I any became available remember that the successful candidate(s) will be those who submit the best financial proposal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Momofarang said:

Well OP, the "job" you describe is know here as "Agent", but sadly for you all available position have been filled. I any became available remember that the successful candidate(s) will be those who submit the best financial proposal.

Not sure where you got the idea that I was looking for a job; or, had any desire to be an agent.  Although it's an idea lost on a lot of society, there are people around who are willing to help others free of charge.  

2 hours ago, kensisaket said:

Just wondering if anyone has ever thought of approaching Thai Immigration with the idea of having a local farong representative/liaison to help work through the problems we all seem to be having. 

that would not work well with corruption. that is all this is about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What I do know is what my country's immigration reaction would be if someone suggested this to them. They use some freelance translation service sometimes but would never have a foreigner attached to their office, there's a myriad of security issues involved in this. In 10 plus extensions I never needed some else's service and I if I did, the last person I would go for help for this issue is some unknown foreigner. 

2 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

What I do know is what my country's immigration reaction would be if someone suggested this to them. They use some freelance translation service sometimes but would never have a foreigner attached to their office, there's a myriad of security issues involved in this. In 10 plus extensions I never needed some else's service and I if I did, the last person I would go for help for this issue is some unknown foreigner. 

If the last person you would go to for help is an unknown foreigner, then you are a minority on this forum. That's pretty much all this is, people trying to get input from unknown foreigners.  

• Thanks 1

You have to remember the immigration offices just follow the rules as they are outlined by the higher ups. Talking to a office manager will not result in any results. A good example is Chiang Mai Immigration, they went thru several years of poor service over crowding and just plane we do not care. The great Big Joke shows up has a look at the lines and confusion and declares you will open at 6am and close at 8pm to provide proper service. Over night CM immigration went from worst office to one of the best, Thanks Big Joke.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, kensisaket said:

If the last person you would go to for help is an unknown foreigner, then you are a minority on this forum. That's pretty much all this is, people trying to get input from unknown foreigners.  

That's a generalization, the topic is about immigration. No, I would not want a foreigner having access to my documentation, it's as simple as that. If an old white man fell on the street, I wouldn't hesitate helping him or letting myself being helped, but I still don't want him looking at my documentation, period. btw being married to a Thai and living in Thailand (by choice) has caused me to become pro Thai, so I'm already a minority on this forum..

Edited by from the home of CC

The immigration volunteers in Phuket are hired by the Thai immigration department as immigration liaison officers and help the foreigners with all issues and questions and are in contact with the consuls and embassies.

The person who was helping in Jomtien was the UK consul as i remember correctly but he is not there anymore.

Currently Phuket is currently the only place with official immigration volunteers. ( www.piv-phuket.com )

59 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

That's a generalization, the topic is about immigration. No, I would not want a foreigner having access to my documentation, it's as simple as that. If an old white man fell on the street, I wouldn't hesitate helping him or letting myself being helped, but I still don't want him looking at my documentation, period. btw being married to a Thai and living in Thailand (by choice) has caused me to become pro Thai, so I'm already a minority on this forum..

Then you would have a issue in Phuket at the volunteers there have to check the papers when applying for a extension based on marriage.

No check no ticket so far i know.

15 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

Coming up on 50th anniversary; so, I probably qualify as a member of your minority.

• Like 1