Future Forward warned not to touch Thaksin issue in its attempt to change the Constitution

webfact

23 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

Im no expert on Thai politics but there was corruption , disharmony , political violence and coups way before Thaksin came to power.

Seems a bit of a stretch to pin all the current ills on him , nasty piece of work but I suspect his ( albeit shallow and self seving ) support of the rural poor is what marked his card.

I agree, there's a long history of corruption, nepotism, cronyism etc., etc.,Β and I very much doubt anybody is actually saying thaksin is to blame for all.

Β 

But he did do some pretty immoral unethical things, his history of massive corruption an abuse of power is very strong, he set up a mechanism to divide the country rather than unite the country and he set up the mechanism to try to get an amnesty through an unethical process to try to trick Thailand at 3.00 a.m. in the morning so that he would get amnesty and return home. It didn't work and his puppet sister, his clone, had no shame.Β  And there are still many bigΒ corruption etc., cases against thaksin still going through the courts.Β Better if he dies abroad.Β 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1