TTM30: Spouse or Foreigner submission best practices?

When both foreigner and wife jointly own a residential BKK condo, I presume it is best, not only for the initial submission of the online TM30 registration now, but also for future follow-ons,  for the Thai spouse to be named as, ‘The Owner,’ correct?

The reasoning is that even though one possesses a Yellow House Registration book and Pink ID card, there always seems to be additional paper work, notarized and blessed by God requirements.  Whereas the spouse simply presents a Thai ID card and all issues melt away.  In this arrangement described, is there any advantage now or later that would suggest it worthwhile for the foreigner to ‘go it alone’ with the TM30 business and not involve his spouse?  Thanks for your remarks. -Jay

I don’t really understand your question.

Being registered in a Yellow book, having an ID card, or being the owner of the property does not exempt from being reported or having to report other foreigners.

Whenever you leave/return to the country you should submit a TM.30 for both of you. I would also recommend you do the same if you stay overnight in a hotel.

In your example you are both foreigners with temporary permission to stay; therefore, your stay should be reported on arrival at any property including returning to your home/registered address.

Edited by elviajero

If you go through the process for registering for the online system, tick the owner box, name of person registering etc, the system will request documents to be scanned/sent. Its the blue book for the property and the ID of the person registering.

If you put your name the system will want bluebook and your passport, if your wifes name the system will want bluebook and her ID.

Nothing more to it, no other documents now or in in the future.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, elviajero said:

I don’t really understand your question.

Being registered in a Yellow book, having an ID card, or being the owner of the property does not exempt from being reported or having to report other foreigners.

Whenever you leave/return to the country you should submit a TM.30 for both of you. I would also recommend you do the same if you stay overnight in a hotel.

In your example you are both foreigners with temporary permission to stay; therefore, your stay should be reported on arrival at any property including returning to your home/registered address.

I think the OP is talking about registering for the online system, not actual TM30  reports

Apologies, I should clarify the married couple include one foreigner and one Thai who jointly own/reside in the condo.  I believe PeterW42 addressed my question as it is indeed the initial online registration I am inquiring about.  I was just curious if there is any benefit in having a Thai spouse initiate things with her name from the onset in order to avoid additional paperwork in the future rather than me since I am the foreigner.  If I submit my name as the owner, which I could do, am I setting myself for additional future paperwork compliance.  Call me crazy but just the other day for instance, UPS demanded I provide passport, TM6, Visa and lunchbox number,....in order to clear a simple Amazon shipment of USD95.  The wife took over with just her Thai ID card. Done.  Thanks gentlemens.

23 minutes ago, jrkbkk said:

Apologies, I should clarify the married couple include one foreigner and one Thai who jointly own/reside in the condo.  I believe PeterW42 addressed my question as it is indeed the initial online registration I am inquiring about.  I was just curious if there is any benefit in having a Thai spouse initiate things with her name from the onset in order to avoid additional paperwork in the future rather than me since I am the foreigner.  If I submit my name as the owner, which I could do, am I setting myself for additional future paperwork compliance.  Call me crazy but just the other day for instance, UPS demanded I provide passport, TM6, Visa and lunchbox number,....in order to clear a simple Amazon shipment of USD95.  The wife took over with just her Thai ID card. Done.  Thanks gentlemens.

From experience of many systems in Thailand: tax, banking, immigration etc. The systems seem to have less bugs when you use the Thai version, in Thai script, with a Thai person and a Thai ID card, so using the wife's ID may be quicker to register.

When we did it my Thai wife got her ID and password same day within a few hours. Reading a couple of threads on here there are foreigners who have been waiting weeks and still have issues getting access.

Thai ID cards link to so many IT systems automatically.