Former James Bond star Pierce Bros­nan says the next 007 should definitely be a woman

snoop1130

Former James Bond star Pierce Bros­nan says the next 007 should definitely be a woman

By Jack Ling

4521.JPG

Pierce Brosnan says a female 007 would be 'exciting' Credit: AFP or licensors

FORMER James Bond actor Pierce Brosnan has called for men to “get out of the way” so a female can play the superspy.

The 66-year-old star said a woman should take over his successor Daniel Craig when his final movie No Time To Die is released next year.

Pierce said of the prospect of a female Bond: “Yes! I think we’ve watched the guys do it for the last 40 years, get out of the way, guys, and put a woman up there.

“I think it would be exhilarating, it would be exciting.”

Full Story: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/9889310/james-bond-pierce-brosnan-007-woman/

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JamesH77 said:

But his name is James, how can "James" Bond be a woman? Unless the new James Bond is LGBTQ, is that even how you write it these days?

already known its  gunna be 'Bond Jane Bond'

... and James does a bowing out cameo at the beginning

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

No way.

But if they want to be progressive make it a black dude.

Idris Elba would be fantastic I think.

Nah, he is LUTHER and always will be. Why not Beyonce? Kill two birds with one stone. Or Grace Jones, kill a few more!    LOL

Edited by wgdanson
  • Like 2

Think bigger is the easy way...

Have a new James Bond as a man, but also in a second film Jemmy Bond (or any name) also as 007 and some daft story line to how they both got 007, have a bit of a cross over story line, then you get to have a 3 film with both in fighting some big evil, that be a real talking point. I do miss the old days of a big headquarters at the end of the film getting blown to bits.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JonBreadMan said:

Have a new James Bond as a man, but also in a second film Jemmy Bond (or any name) also as 007 and some daft story line to how they both got 007, have a bit of a cross over story line,

ahhh I see you too have seen the synopsis!   its not a secret...

• Haha 1

Why mess with a winning formula? If they think that a female/black/bi/whatever is the new way, then just create a new franchise such as 008. Is it that they do not really believe that a female would work as a stand-alone? Captain Marvel would have worked better with better (non-woke) writing.

Edited by DoctorG
double negative
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, DoctorG said:

Why mess with a winning formula? If they think that a female/black/bi/whatever is the new way, then just create a new franchise such as 008. Is it that they do not really believe that a female would work as a stand-alone? Captain Marvel would have worked better with better (non-woke) writing.

I agree.  Captain Marvel was a guy, a white guy.  James Bond is a guy, a white guy.  I'm tired of this swishy shashy pc <deleted>.  Next thing will be a black Superman. 

• Like 2

They should have let it go when the last of the Fleming novels was turned into film, and actually Roger Moore admitted that even then a 58 year old JB was rather ridiculous.

I could name every Bond up to View to a Kill, but lost interest at Dalton's Shakespearian take on the character.

The franchise died in 1985 and has only been slowly decomposing since. Time to give it a decent burial next to its creator.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, khaowong1 said:

I agree.  Captain Marvel was a guy, a white guy.  James Bond is a guy, a white guy.  I'm tired of this swishy shashy pc <deleted>.  Next thing will be a black Superman. 

Sorry, but the black Superman title was already taken. Sadly he departed this earth on 3rd June 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW5qF9fheXw

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Or a 'coming out' cameo.

I bet Ian Fleming is turning in his grave. 

I bet someone will want Noddy to be Muslim next. Or a Pakistani Postman Pat. Winnie the Rasta!

Come on, let's have some suggestions.

Batwoman and catman! 

Lmao.... I typed in the above two and the autocorrect said.... no!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, watcharacters said:

Loved the bond movies in the 60's and less so in the 70's.

Don't watch at all now.

Maybe a female lead as James Bond would give the franchise a kick start.

They used to have naked women in silhouette during the openings of the film.. Wonder if they will now have necked swinging Richards since James is now a Jane ?

Bond movies ..... With the new star they are saying is going to be the new Female Bond I figure one movie and it will be back to a guy thing ..

• Like 1