How many consecutive tourist visas can I get from the Thai embassy in Vientiane now?

How many consecutive tourist visas can I get from the Thai embassy in Vientiane now?

I have a Swedish passport. I have two consecutive single entry visas to Thailand and I am in Chiang Mai at the moment. Prior to those visas I have also entered Thailand three times (2 in 2018, 1 in 2019) with the visa exemption 30 days given at the border.

How many consecutive tourist visas can I get in Vientiane at the moment without going to another country (not Laos) such as Vietnam or Japan in between?

And what is best practice at the moment?

GoGet

@ubonjoe

Edited by GoGet

5 K in your passport will help a lot. Plus a big and charmant smile in your face. 

The problem is that they're all different and a visa, or an extension of stay is a can, and not a must deal.

Grease the wheels and you won't have the bearings fall out. 

1 hour ago, GoGet said:

How many consecutive tourist visas can I get in Vientiane at the moment without going to another country (not Laos) such as Vietnam or Japan in between?

It’s impossible to say as they don’t publish a set limit and are inconsistent when denying applications.

last month lots of people were denied on both the application and receiving day, they were looking at travel history very carefully...totally different to before

very few people there less than 150 on a Monday compared to the usual 500+

they appear to have gotten very strict...I would give it a wide berth at the moment

Edited by ScottBooth

I was there 3 months ago.  I got my first TV there after having 1 METV and 2 land visa crossings in my passport back to back. They told me no more after this and that I would have to travel to my home country next.  From what I heard when I was there the unofficial rule is 1 TV per year from them.  A lot of people got denied. I was lucky to get one.  

Many people had to show proof of funds and even interview with someone higher up at the consulate.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fancyfarang said:

I was there 3 months ago.  I got my first TV there after having 1 METV and 2 land visa crossings in my passport back to back. They told me no more after this and that I would have to travel to my home country next.  From what I heard when I was there the unofficial rule is 1 TV per year from them.  A lot of people got denied. I was lucky to get one.  

Many people had to show proof of funds and even interview with someone higher up at the consulate.  

People with a long history of entries/stay in Thailand are now also being knocked back for ED Visas in Vientiane, reason given ‘go and get the appropriate visa for your intended long stay in the country’

It looks as though the multiple TR or ED’s are a thing of the past there now unfortunately 

Edited by MadMuhammad