After 60 days stay with SETV

I will apply for SETV although I plan to stay around 3 months in LoS and 2-3 weeks somewhere! My retour flight will be from BKK.

The plan goes like this:

2 monhs in LoS+ 2-3 weeks outside+ 1 month in LoS

I enter with SETV. 

I leave aftr 59 days  to either Laos or Vietnam. Ops! Not exactly a visa-run, but rather a trip (2-3 week trip). I will be riding a bike, this is one new experience I'm looking forward to.... So I'll be crossing land boarders.

To my questions are:

-Wil I get 30 VE when re-entring ? if just 15 days, can I aply for extenson?

-Is it better to aply for a SETV from HCMC/Vientiane?

Or Will a METV from home be the best option ?

Apply for your SETV at home and get it out of the way before you travel (just one less thing to worry about when you're on the road). Don't think you can get an extension on it and then leave and return. But no biggie ... just do your 2 months, leave the country and then return when you're ready on visa exempt (everyone says to avoid Poipet on the return - plenty of info on TV about it). It's that simple, as long as you don't have a record of visa after visa after visa.

Just check that you are not expected to fly out of the country after your initial 2 months - I had to, but that was after 3 months (SETV of 2 months plus 1 month extension).

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Los Luver said:

Poipet will be on my way to Phnom Penh. I want to avoid the montain roads on tge south west Camboia.....

Leaving Thailand at Poipet is OK. However, on your return, especially if you will enter visa exempt, avoid Poipet. That crossing is bad news.

• Like 1

'I will be riding a bike, this is one new experience I'm looking forward to.... So I'll be crossing land boarders.'

You will have more problems to pass the border Thialnd/Cambo by bike as you will have to enter Thailand by land border. Did you check already what the conditions are to pass the border by car or by bike? I wish you good luck and don't be surprised you will have to return or leave your bike at the border.