Toyota Car Repair In Pattaya

moo9

My wife had a minor accident with my Vigo. Need to replace sidesteps and some bumper part. Today she went to the 2 local Toyota dealer and get dates for the repair in May and June! Unbelieveable, what is going wrong. Even in Sattahip they quoted like 2 or 3 weeks waiting time...

I think simple jobs like this should be done within max. 1 week. Who got similar experiences? Or would it be helpful if I would go there, as farang?

TiT This is Thailand, another strange thing I really do not understand :o

There are 2 cars in my family; a Toyota Fortuner, and a Honda Jazz.

They both suffer minor bangs on a regular basis.

We never use Honda or Toyota for repairs - in fact even the Honda dealer recommended a much cheaper place down the road. We have used several different places, and all were good, cheap and quick, but we have now settled on a farang managed place just East of Sukhumvit on the 3240, going towards Mabprachan.

Used them several times - usually you can just turn up in the morning, without notice, and the job will be completed before 5 p.m. At most you can book for the following day.They did an excellent job on my Fortuner a few months ago, and the price was very reasonable.

If you want more precise directions, let me know.

Mobi

My wife had a minor accident with my Vigo. Need to replace sidesteps and some bumper part. Today she went to the 2 local Toyota dealer and get dates for the repair in May and June! Unbelieveable, what is going wrong. Even in Sattahip they quoted like 2 or 3 weeks waiting time...

I think simple jobs like this should be done within max. 1 week. Who got similar experiences? Or would it be helpful if I would go there, as farang?

TiT This is Thailand, another strange thing I really do not understand :o

I had left "module" of back bumper/mudflap replaced (Toyota Vios), came unannounced and it was done in 20 minutes. 500B, new genuine part included. I think a Thai would have been charged 300B.

The shop is on the left side of the Sukhumvit (driving towards Rayong), 1.5km or so after Lotus (that is on the other side) and before that traffic light for Jomtien Beach right turn.

It has a driveway but you have to know you are looking for it. Another place "told" me about them (they spoke Thai, I spoke English) but it was easy to find them.

I love car repair in Thailand.

In May, I took my car to my mechanic the night before my trip back to the US. He drove me home. Three weeks later, I got home and my car was waiting (father-in-law picked it up). Brakes done, body work, new tires, suspension fixed. seats reupholstered, ... I could go on, but you get the idea (the mechanic took it to the various places to get the stuff done). All of this at perhaps a tenth the price it would be in the US (without even considering driving me, taking it to many places, etc.)

I learned about him from my landlord. Every job he has done on my car has been top notch. Minor stuff he just fixes for free now because I've been a customer so long (he replaced a wire for my oil pressure sensor for free the other day).

If I move back to the States it's going to be painful indeed when I have to get an appointment 3 weeks in advance because my car doesn't run. :o

Well anyway I suggested my wife as well to go to an independant repair, but she insists on Toyota....now we found one dealer in Sattahip where we only have to wait 2 weeks lol.....

It's up to you mate, but I'm not sure I'd be letting my wife tell me where to get my car fixed. :D

Especially if I'm paying :o

BTW, you're not serious about suggesting that you might get quicker service if a farang were to go there... are you? :D

It's up to you mate, but I'm not sure I'd be letting my wife tell me where to get my car fixed. :D

Especially if I'm paying :o

BTW, you're not serious about suggesting that you might get quicker service if a farang were to go there... are you? :D

Lol well the insurance pays not me! The problem is that I have no time to care about this during the daytime. About the farang factor....not sure....some time it work, sometimes it swings to the opposite.

After all, I am still very pessimistic that we can get it done before Songhran.... :D