Liver Flush Drink

I know many spas have these drinks. What do you chefs and foodies think?

1/3 C extra virgin olive oil

1/2 cup fresh lemon juice

4 cloves minced garlic

thumb of chopped ginger

pinch of cayenne pepper

cup of orange juice

Mix in blender.

Supposed to be good for liver, etc.

Sorry, I am not trying to be challenging, but why would it be good for the liver? The liver needs no excercise, it is the largest organ in the boday and the only one to regenerate (thank goodness :o ), in what way would this foul sounding concoction be beneficial?

Sorry, I am not trying to be challenging, but why would it be good for the liver? The liver needs no excercise, it is the largest organ in the boday and the only one to regenerate (thank goodness :o ), in what way would this foul sounding concoction be beneficial?

Detox.

You're supposed to drink that? I can 100% guarantee that drink would never do any good for my liver. I think the same thing would happen as when my ex-hubby tried to down a shot of whisky in one (he thought that would be the best way, as he didn't like whisky). It hit his stomach & came straight back up again, in front of everyone. That concoction would do exactly the same to me, I fear... :D:o

This is from the Spasamui.com web site.

Into a blender add.extra virgin olive oil- 2 tablespoons or up to a third of a cup, with fresh lemon juice-about 1-2 thirds cup, garlic 3-5cloves, ginger 1-knob, cayenne pepper half gram & top up with freshly squeezed orange juice.

Into a blender add.extra virgin olive oil- 2 tablespoons or up to a third of a cup, with fresh lemon juice-about 1-2 thirds cup, garlic 3-5cloves, ginger 1-knob, cayenne pepper half gram & top up with freshly squeezed orange juice.

This is almost exact to the one I got (mine sounds like a copy. I should have cited the source, sorry).

Good spa and excellent food. I will check their site. Thanks, Tiggy.

I wonder why some recipes add cayenne pepper? I saw some others that use apple juice and epsom salts.

I'm going to try it. Read some horrid stuff about gall bladder stones, which started this quest.

As an (ex/) bartender I must say it sounds interesting. I may try it this weekend if i think of it. I used to make shakes and juices and smoothies (with and without milk) for people using all kinds of fun herbs and ingrediants.

Some of them are horrible to me, but punters and ladies can often be impressed by something strange....

I used to love that time of day.... Poeple would come in, lakeside guatemala, late morning, juices and shakes which I shared, for another hour or two before lunch, which I shared, when the boozing started.... Except I'd often add some vodka or rum to my shakes and smoothies.... Pina colada for breakfast, anyone?

This is almost exact to the one I got (mine sounds like a copy. I should have cited the source, sorry).

Good spa and excellent food. I will check their site. Thanks, Tiggy.

I wonder why some recipes add cayenne pepper? I saw some others that use apple juice and epsom salts.

I'm going to try it. Read some horrid stuff about gall bladder stones, which started this quest.

Real butter has been proven to be good for your gall bladder, significantly fewer gall bladder problems among people who use real butter - none of this plastic margarine rubbish!!!