Bed valance/skirt needed

cheeryble

Hi

We would like to upgrade from a rather thin ruffled white bedskirt that looks rather cheap and gathers the dirt 

IMG_8084.thumb.JPG.4666a20653478f29bacffe004bec3a09.JPG

to something more like this, where the cloth is weightier, coloured darker, and lined

In fact the photo is not a great example.....would look nicer with piping and not sure it's lined...

But you get the idea.

Anyone have experience of a good lady or shop to do this?

I also have a question

I see on DIY valance that muslin is sometimes used for the large panel on top to save money. 

This seems far too flimsy and I guess curtain lining would still be well priced 

I also have some concern about when the whole item is washed in future. Will the main material shrink at the same rate as the lining material and top panel?

If not it will crease up a bit? 

And do these materials normally shrink or not? Is it possible after washing it might not fit the bed? Or does the fact things are dried on a line without heat mean no shrinkage?

Thanks for all input

We live south of CM half hour so anywhere from there up to central CM would be OK.

super-king-valance.jpg.d867cd3ca06708a6125aff75a81fa588.jpg

21 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Thanks Charlie

i took a look at more models some are better quality without the ruffles but the sizes are strange widths and it is likely they may have to be made to fit for length too.

Good thinking though but I'll try for a handmade first if it's a reasonable price.

BTW if anyone's had one of these made I'd be interested in the cost

I grew up in a household where a bed wasn't considered properly "dressed" unless it had a bed skirt and continued to use them early in our marriage.  They're a PITA to keep looking nice, especially if you have pets. 

I think the last one we had was in the late 1970s and it had a large floral print pattern that matched the wallpaper in the room.  Also, matched the shower curtain in the ensuite bathroom.  It was part of a set we got from J.C. Penney.  Even had matching soap dish and toothbrush holder.

If you can't tell, I consider them to be rather dated.

I grew up in a household where a bed wasn't considered properly "dressed" unless it had a bed skirt and continued to use them early in our marriage.  They're a PITA to keep looking nice, especially if you have pets. 

I think the last one we had was in the late 1970s and it had a large floral print pattern that matched the wallpaper in the room.  Also, matched the shower curtain in the ensuite bathroom.  It was part of a set we got from J.C. Penney.  Even had matching soap dish and toothbrush holder.

If you can't tell, I consider them to be rather dated.

Did u have an avocado green bathroom suite Nancy?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived