Farage says Brexit will be delayed again when PM Johnson's deal falls

webfact

7 hours ago, kingdong said:

the remain camp were offered a general election and bottled it,what are you so scared of?another defeat?

To think, some of them here are still prattling on about a second referendum. All well and good from the sidelines of forums, or even HOC, but when it comes to it there will not be another referendum. They know it and they know they would be blown out of the water, but still manage to scrabble together some manipulated poll results.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To think, some of them here are still prattling on about a second referendum. All well and good from the sidelines of forums, or even HOC, but when it comes to it there will not be another referendum. They know it and they know they would be blown out of the water, but still manage to scrabble together some manipulated poll results.
The decisions right now are within the power of Parliament if it so wishes.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Hopefully the UK will be extracted technically by the 1st November, and we can get briefed on what the new situation is for everything from there going forwards.

I like political coverage programmes, but it's like any other content, you can only watch so many repeats.

I hope individual EU and British citizens, will be spared individual stress, together with communities at the boarder in Ireland, due to any poorly implemented political directives.

I hope that the political parties that would intend not implementing a leave action, get relegated to the bottom of political results tables at least for the next decade (even if in the past I may have voted for them). 

Perhaps for a good number of years, (at least for a Generation -5 years) we also do not need any further referendums. Unless they look at the Swiss model.

Coming from the field we were in 3 and a bit years ago let's hope we can get our boots unstuck from this foggy, muddy road, and get to the equally welcoming field on the other side, that might not be much greener but perhaps has less political poo in it, and have more for the common good discussed, over a friendly picnic environment. 

Not much more than a wish list.

5 hours ago, SheungWan said:

All the Brexiteers energies are used up by the futile effort required to glue no-deal to the referendum result. Too exhausting.

You must be more exhausted after constantly telling us what we voted for and why we voted out.

So to the many, many Brexit fans on this site and the 17.4 Million who voted leave and want their vote respected, the truth you don't want to admit is that your vote HAS been respected for the last three years.

For three years the UK government has been trying desperately to respect your vote. They have tried to find a way to leave the EU without irrevocably damaging the country. They have tried to limit the damage (and also promote the opportunities by the way) that leaving the EU will bring. It's been a Herculean task. The fallout from respecting your decision has weakened the UK economy and made parliament the laughing stock of the world. By respecting your decision and working on Brexit the many other important issues facing the UK -those of Education, Health and Social Welfare - have been neglected. You're decision has been respected for long enough and already it has made the UK a worse place. God knows how bad things will get if a no-deal Brexit is the outcome.

You wanted a unicorn when unicorns don't exist.

You've advocated bypassing parliamentary democracy because of a referendum. 

You label everyone a 'traitor' who doesn't agree with you.

You bring no concrete ideas to the table other than 'Leave means Leave' and a no-deal Brexit was what everyone knew was going to be an option (it wasn't). 

It's time to STOP and get our country back on track and if that means another referendum when everyone is now aware of the facts, then surely that is a small price to pay.

18 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

So to the many, many Brexit fans on this site and the 17.4 Million who voted leave and want their vote respected, the truth you don't want to admit is that your vote HAS been respected for the last three years.

For three years the UK government has been trying desperately to respect your vote. They have tried to find a way to leave the EU without irrevocably damaging the country. They have tried to limit the damage (and also promote the opportunities by the way) that leaving the EU will bring. It's been a Herculean task. The fallout from respecting your decision has weakened the UK economy and made parliament the laughing stock of the world. By respecting your decision and working on Brexit the many other important issues facing the UK -those of Education, Health and Social Welfare - have been neglected. You're decision has been respected for long enough and already it has made the UK a worse place. God knows how bad things will get if a no-deal Brexit is the outcome.

You bring no concrete ideas to the table other than 'Leave means Leave' and a no-deal Brexit was what everyone knew was going to be an option (it wasn't). 

It's time to STOP and get our country back on track and if that means another referendum when everyone is now aware of the facts, then surely that is a small price to pay.

What an amazing bunch of bananas! Did you buy 'em in the market?

22 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

I bet you weren't a fighter pilot in 1940.....????

33 minutes ago, transam said:

I bet you weren't a fighter pilot in 1940.....????

Oh dear WW2 again. I bet you weren't a fighter pilot in 1940.

Desperately sad to live in the past that you were never a part of unless you are now around 100 years old. (In which case apologies, I'm surprised you can use a computer!)

Are you envious of the people who actually fought for their country then. 

Certainly those in my family who did, and who are still around - very few now and in their late 90s -  think Brexit is a crock of Sh#t. The others I am sure would have thought the same, had they lived to see the madness of the ones whose futures they fought for.

1 hour ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Oh dear WW2 again. I bet you weren't a fighter pilot in 1940.

Desperately sad to live in the past that you were never a part of unless you are now around 100 years old. (In which case apologies, I'm surprised you can use a computer!)

Are you envious of the people who actually fought for their country then. 

Certainly those in my family who did, and who are still around - very few now and in their late 90s -  think Brexit is a crock of Sh#t. The others I am sure would have thought the same, had they lived to see the madness of the ones whose futures they fought for.

I am not from the USA, but your post is summarised by your USA term....

5 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Neither am I, I am from Scotland. Puzzled about this "USA term........" though. Maybe predictive text on my computer is using American English. Can't be bothered to check though.

Oh, just I have never heard a Brit use the term "crock of sh_t"...

On 9/18/2019 at 10:56 AM, tebee said:

Zero hours contracts are illegal in most other european countries, it's one of those areas were the EU has held back from making illegal everywhere because of British sensibilities and left the UK to make it's own decisions on.

Yet Brexiters complain we have no sovereignty - but this is what we do when we do get our own sovereignty, maybe we really need less of it not more. Equally maybe this is an example of what a right wing tory government will do when unfettered EU restrictions.

Zero hour contracts require a surplus of workers to available jobs=freedom of movement,3 million eu citizens living in the uk,what do,'re that tell you about conditions in their countries?Perhaps the fact zero hour contracts are illegal in most euro countries explains it.

14 hours ago, 7by7 said:

I look forward to you posting a well argued, reasoned response to a post you disagree with.

Not holding my breath, though.

Don't hold your breath.

There is of course NO reasoned argument for Brexit and never has been - just a mix of archaic ideas of sovereignty and racism.

1 minute ago, wilcopops said:

Don't hold your breath.

There is of course NO reasoned argument for Brexit and never has been - just a mix of archaic ideas of sovereignty and racism.

10 out of 10 for that, very funny, well done, same ol' drivel....:clap2:

Don't hold your breath.

Warning: waycist card played. Another Remainer stumped for any coherent reply, so back to the same ol’ drivel.

Archived