90 Days Check With Immigration Or Not

Hello to the forum.

Ok heres my situation, got my work permit and visa, but some people have told me that I should go every 90 days to check in at immigration and some people have told me its nonsense. On the visa stamp there is no mention of this.

Can you please clarify,

any help much appreciated

cheers from Rayong

Hi weko,

been browsing lots of sites lately for a possible move th Bkk and this is what I found:

http://www.thaivisa.com/315.0.html

Reporting to Immigration every 90 days

REPORT TO AVOID A 2,000 OR 5,000 BAHT FINE

If you are on an extension of stay you must notify the Immigration Bureau every 90 days, or just before 90 days.

You don't need to report in person, the Immigration Bureau even accepts registered mail if you are staying outside the Bangkok area.

If you do not report in time there is a 5,000 baht fine plus 200 Baht/day fine if you are beeing catched. If you report, but beeing late, the fine is 2,000 Baht..

Who need to report?

If you are on tourist visa or Non-Immigrant visa without extension you don't need to report. If you are on one-year-extension you must report.

Q. Does a foreigner need to report his/her residence?

A. Yes. A foreigner must inform to the Immigration Bureau whom he resides with or where he rents the property of a Thai citizen.

Reporting Procedures:

Authorities must be informed within 24 hours of the alien’s occupancy.This can be done by mail.

After 90 days in the country, the alien must report his/her address to the Immigration Bureau. Reporting must be done every 90 days thereafter.

Hope that helps!

V.

Everybody is required to report every 90 days.

This Requirement is Item 5 on the Departure Card

Section of Form TM.6 - (Stapled inside your Passport

by Immigration on arrival).

The Arrival Card section - signed by you - is kept by Immigration.

No one can claim ignorance of this requirement.

Roger