Chaeng Wattana TM7

I have a question regarding extending a tourist visa which in the coming weeks I will have to do. I understand I can try print a TM7 myself if it is on one piece of paper but I was curious about other ways of getting the form at Chaeng Wattana. Previously when I did the extension I arrived early with my photos and passport and got in the long queue. Once I got inside the doors, i left the queue and went to the desk to ask for the form, filled it in, and then went to the back of the queue - and so despite arriving early I was still on quite a high queue number. 

In order to do this faster I wondered, other than printing the form beforehand, is it possible to get a copy of the form before the doors open anywhere in the building? Failing that, once the doors open, would it be acceptable to bypass the queue the first time around just to go in and ask for the form?

What the! There is several internet cafes everywhere. Download any form you want. Fill it in. You can obtain photos everywhere bkk or anywhere. When arrive CW walk straight past the dills obtaining forms. Inside at que desk obtain your #. The clerk will wish to see your filled in tm7

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

What the! There is several internet cafes everywhere. Download any form you want. Fill it in. You can obtain photos everywhere bkk or anywhere. When arrive CW walk straight past the dills obtaining forms. Inside at que desk obtain your #. The clerk will wish to see your filled in tm7

As I mentioned, I am aware you can print it. I am asking about the alternatives within CW

23 minutes ago, thaichina said:

There are some photocopy and picture shop downstair, they have it and you can pay 30 baths so they fill it during the time they make copy and take your picture. In and out = 10 mns max. I m not sure it is available in every shop.

Thanks

I getting Pi--ed on how foreigners who i assume have a basic education can be so utterly "STUPID" TM30, TM47, TM7 and TM8 forms can all be completed by logging on with Internet Explorer! It's not "Rocket Science" The only thongs you have to have your documentation and passport photographs

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, kevinmartyn said:

how foreigners who i assume have a basic education can be so utterly "STUPID"

Possibly a bit harsh. It can be confusing for tourists and people who are just now settling in for a longer term stay for the first time and have had no previous experience with all the forms and procedures that can vary from office to office.

22 hours ago, GeraldB22 said:

I have a question regarding extending a tourist visa which in the coming weeks

I agree that some people who claim they've been here for years seem to have made no effort to understand their status or how to complete some basic things.

But occasionally we all make mistakes. For example:

1 hour ago, kevinmartyn said:

The only thongs you have to have

Edited by Suradit69

The queuing process at CW is a bit different these days. From 05:00 (or earlier) until ~ 07:00 there is a pre-pre-pre-pre queue. They hand out numbers begining at 07:00, then you are free to roam, until the re-queue at 08:00, doors open at 08:20, then you queue for a desk number (maybe N in your case?).

I would recommend utlizing the TM7 PDF beforehand, printing it (double-side, not two separate pages), affixing the proper style photo.

If that is not possible, say at an internet cafe - I think these things still exist - then arrive ~ 06:00-06:15, queue. at 07:00 go down to the basement level, see if any of the photo/copy shops have the forms, even if they don't re-queue at 08:00, get a ticket at 08:30, then just go back to the mini-lobby and get the form, head back in and wait. 

http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=download

Assume you know that you'll have to have a valid TM30 on file.

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

I would recommend utlizing the TM7 PDF beforehand, printing it (double-side, not two separate pages), affixing the proper style photo.

Can anyone confirm that it the downloaded form from TV has to be double-side and not 2 separate pages?

Thanks

17 hours ago, kevinmartyn said:

I getting Pi--ed on how foreigners who i assume have a basic education can be so utterly "STUPID" TM30, TM47, TM7 and TM8 forms can all be completed by logging on with Internet Explorer! It's not "Rocket Science" The only thongs you have to have your documentation and passport photographs

I don't believe that a TM-7 can be submitted online. Even if it were I would not be willing to trust the online application with my credit card details. 

25 minutes ago, mirtl said:

Can anyone confirm that it the downloaded form from TV has to be double-side and not 2 separate pages?

Thanks

The TM7 form is two sided. The downloads of it show two pages and you then have to print it two sided.

Easy to do on most printers. You print page 1 and then put it into the paper tray (normally printed side up) and then pint page 2 o the back of it.

23 minutes ago, mirtl said:

Thanks

It needs to be a single sheet of paper, with both sides printed on. Not 2 separate pages. I tried once previously and had to copy the details onto a single sheet when I tried to submit it at the desk.