More White People in Hua Hin Now

NCC1701A

During the month of September in the year of our Lord 2019, the number of white people has increased.

Some are snowbirds. White married retired couples. Some I recognize from previous years.

Some are tourists. Young couples with children. Single women in small groups. And some young men cutting into my action with the massage girls. I hate that.

But I can state with some certainty that the "bottom" of the "low season" HERE is over with the slight increase of white DNA.

This is based on almost daily observations at various locations in Hua Hin.

They are also showing up on GPS based dating apps like Tinder and Badoo. 

A French woman tourist was in the local Tesco Lotus Express with two young children. Another sign and a rare white person sighting in my hood. I was hoping she would ask for directions so I could give her the wrong information so I would be even from my trip to Paris in 1984, but it did not happen.

Another sign is two of my girlfriends told me their boyfriends are coming back from the EU. One is already here and the other arrives October first. It is heartbreaking.

The Chinese have been here during the low season and I have seen a increase in tour buses for them this month.

These Chinese are not like the flag following types you see in Pattaya.  

I asked a beautiful blonde woman who looked like she was from Sweden if she would wear a GPS tracking collar so I could study the habits of tourists in Hin Hin.

She said she would scream if I did not leave her alone. OK this part is not true but the rest happened.

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

Another sign is two of my girlfriends told me their boyfriends are coming back from the EU. One is already here and the other arrives October first. It is heartbreaking.

Cheer up!  Some are on their way back south from Isaan for high season.

On 9/27/2019 at 12:48 PM, Goinghomesoon said:

Do Thai/Farang couples count as Snowbirds?  Or are we only slightly-Snowy-birds?  Tan-birds?  Oh <deleted>, we're not retired yet so for now we are just tourists when we visit ????

Actually, the OPs post sounded like he was defining snowbirds as white, married, retired couples.  I think it just means people who go South for the winter, fleeing snow.  Like birds do.  You can be black and be a snowbird.

NCC1701A , you have to be more PC, CE common era that most of the world recognizes.

'the year of our lord' (AD) I think has been banned in most civilized countries.

I know 'NCC1701A' and 'civilized' should never be used in the same sentence let alone topic, god bless.

On 9/25/2019 at 6:56 PM, NCC1701A said:

oh my topic is doomed now.  :shock1:  it got moved to the Hua Hin forum. :clap2:

No one ever looks here for anything. :cheesy: 

is there no way out of this town?

Two. North or South. Other options are arbitrary and unreliable.

The town is/was a favorite of ours. Nothing special but things were ok and comfortable.

Spoiled by a rapid over-development in my opinion. Hope it attains it's potential ,longer term.

Our property was sold, but we still visit.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived