where can I buy a clothes dryer in Thailand?

phungo

Clothes dryers, really crumple your clothes, and they also damage clothes... You could get a washer/dryer, i got a Samsung one that washes 10kg, and dries 7Kg... Can get these in Homepro or Power Buy, think i also saw there stand alone dryers, but they were pricy, might be better to get a combo machine :)

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Brought ours with us from the UK, seemed superfluous at the time, but it was a good move.  It gets heavy use during this time of the year. I too have seen them for sale in Home Pro.  

They use a lot of energy and we do fine without one....

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

OK I am told the humidity in the air makes drying the clothes take longer

Unless using a vented dryer = electric cost are higher and needs a pipe to drain?

A pump dryer = dont know anyone with one but rates AAA +++ for energy consumption?

A condenser dryer = rated B for energy but the condenser has issues with the humidity in the air?

The ones i have seen have all sorts of gadgets and not sure what is best

Any suggestions from personal use in Pattaya area or other ?

Edited by BlackJack

Heat pump In this way not only does the dryer avoid the need for ducting, but it also conserves much of its heat within the dryer instead of exhausting it into the surroundings. Heat pump dryers can, therefore, use up to 50% less energy required by either condensation or conventional electric dryers. Heat pump dryers use about a 1kWh (kilowatt hour) of energy to dry an average load instead of 2 for a condenser dryer, or from 3 to 9, for a conventional electric dryer.[7][8][6] Domestic heat pump dryers are designed to work in typical ambient temperatures from 5 to 30 °C. Below 5 °C, drying times significantly increase.

As with condensation dryers, the heat exchanger will not dry the internal air to as low a level of humidity as the typical ambient air. With respect to ambient air, the higher humidity of the air used to dry the clothes has the effect of increasing drying times; however, because heat pump dryers conserve much of the heat of the air they use, the already-hot air can be cycled more quickly, possibly leading to shorter drying times than tumble dryers, depending on the model.