90 day and TM.30 Jomtien

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Not for 4 months up to his latest visit! Mind you, things may have changed last week.

It has been almost exactly one week since I was last there so yes, things could have changed ! They could have changed the day I was there for that matter (but after I left).

One whiff of the guy that was behind me in the initial queue might have been enough to make them decide to clamp down on things !

6 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

It has been almost exactly one week since I was last there so yes, things could have changed ! They could have changed the day I was there for that matter (but after I left).

One whiff of the guy that was behind me in the initial queue might have been enough to make them decide to clamp down on things !

There has been a lot of 'chatter' of people being asked for TM30s at Jomtien in the last month, where previously it was not requested. Also some posts saying 'I was not asked for one'!

Not really sure what the heck now!

Edited by jacko45k

3 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

It's logical that IO will process your TM30 after arriving back in Thailand from abroad, because the entry/departure card (TM6) number will not be same as before, and that info is part of the TM30 form.

Didn't I read that the TM6 is being abolished ? So what then?

27 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

Didn't I read that the TM6 is being abolished ? So what then?

That's correct, according to the Chief IO the TM6 entry/departure card will be phased out.  And obviously that will have consequences for the TM30 form and website/app, as that info is presently required there.
But the Chief IO also announced that the TM30 process is currently being looked into, so most probably it would be a 'sweeping change'.  Shiver or cheer - depending on what they decide...

I find this all so stupid from some people.

Obviously every Imm Office around the country is different and as we have found out Jomtien is different for some people. So every person should just do whatever they feel is the correct way for them  ie: file, don't file, it doesn't affect anyone else. As I said before I have never filed, but that doesn't affect anyone else on TVF, or anyone else in Thailand for that matter.

Just do what you think is right for your own circumstances. enuff.

I find this all so stupid from some people.
Obviously every Imm Office around the country is different and as we have found out Jomtien is different for some people. So every person should just do whatever they feel is the correct way for them  ie: file, don't file, it doesn't affect anyone else. As I said before I have never filed, but that doesn't affect anyone else on TVF, or anyone else in Thailand for that matter.
Just do what you think is right for your own circumstances. enuff.
Agreed. But I wish I knew what that would be.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 minutes ago, thainet said:

Obviously every Imm Office around the country is different and as we have found out Jomtien is different for some people.

And that's become the problem for every fora dealing with topics about Thai Immigration rules.

It is now mostly purely anecdotal,

a personal experience of a poster, at a certain office, on a certain day, with a certain officer.

Nothing really reliable anymore.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jesimps said:

A couple of weeks ago I did my marriage extension at Jomtien and halfway through the process I was sent out to counter 10 to do a TM30. I must've been on record as having submitted one previously so no fine and slip issued. First time in 12 years I've been sent out to do one during extension application or 90 day reporting. I was wearing shirt with collar attached, slacks and shoes and the wife and I scrub up well ????

SO THATS THE TRICK  go scrubbed up well and THEY will not ask for TM 30.....

I been here ten yrs never been asked for tm 30.....just sign 90 days and i am out....all done in less than 3 minutes....this is at Jomtien...by the way

19 minutes ago, essox essox said:

SO THATS THE TRICK  go scrubbed up well and THEY will not ask for TM 30.....

I been here ten yrs never been asked for tm 30.....just sign 90 days and i am out....all done in less than 3 minutes....this is at Jomtien...by the way

Yeah me too but of course that can change anytime.