90 day and TM.30 Jomtien

My Thai driver took my passport to Jomtien yesterday for 90 day report.  He said the woman at the desk was someone he hadn't seen before. Before opening my passport she told him I needed a TM.30 first. He showed her my TM.30 receipt stapled in the passport and she happily did the new 90 day report.

Since I wasn't there myself, that's all I know about the experience. I don't know if that is an official requirement now or only this IO's requirement. He's done many 90 day reports for me over several years and he said this was the first time there was any mention of the  TM.30

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, steve187 said:

any dealings with Jomtien require a tm30 to have been submitted

Then I must be the exception since I've never been asked for it when doing a 90 day report, including the previous two reports this year. I know it will be expected for my next extension of stay due in January although that too will be the first time I've needed it in over a decade of extensions based on retirement.

Edited by Suradit69

I have just done my 90 day at Jomtien and was definitely not asked for TM30.

Actually I have never filed a TM30 in my 40 years here.

A few months ago I did my marriage extension and also letter for licence renewal...also not asked or even mentioned.

I have used Soi 8 and Jomtien over the years.

Maybe because I wear a tie..haha.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

Then I must be the exception since I've never been asked for it when doing a 90 day report, including the previous two reports this year. I know it will be expected for my next extension of stay due in January although that too will be the first time I've needed it in over a decade of extensions based on retirement.

I was going to say the same as yourself...then I thought ..."hang on"...this could be like one of those trick questions. He said it (tm30) "had to have been submitted"...so, maybe I submitted one years ago and don't remember it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, thainet said:

A few months ago I did my marriage extension and also letter for licence renewal...also not asked or even mentioned.

A couple of weeks ago I did my marriage extension at Jomtien and halfway through the process I was sent out to counter 10 to do a TM30. I must've been on record as having submitted one previously so no fine and slip issued. First time in 12 years I've been sent out to do one during extension application or 90 day reporting. I was wearing shirt with collar attached, slacks and shoes and the wife and I scrub up well ????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, billsmart said:

Suradit69,

Where did you get a TM.30 report receipt?

In January I sold my condo and moved to a house I have east of Sukumvit. I gave my passport to the person who is the owner of record of the house and told him to take along his house docs to Jomtien to get me a TM.30.  He went and came back with the receipt stapled in my passport.

Actually I stuck a piece of paper in my passport with "TM.30?, TM.28 ? " written on it. He was told this ( the receipt  I got) was all that I needed.

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, steve187 said:

Wrong.
At the Jomtien Immigration Office, within the last 4 months:

I did my yearly Extension - no TM.30 asked for;
I got a new Multi Re-entry permit - no TM.30 asked for;

I travelled outside of the country, returned with a new passport, went in to Jomtien the next day with a TM.30 form - was told it wasn't required;

Proceeded to apply to have my stamps transferred from my old Passport to my new one - no TM.30 asked for;

Went back a couple weeks later to show my bankbook balance - no TM.30 asked for; and

Went back last week to do my 90 Day. Informed the IO of my new passport and TM.6 card. He entered the info and printed the new Notification slip - no TM.30 asked for.

At Jomtien, I think the rule is that if you are on a yearly Extension and have travelled (anywhere) and returned to the same address, then no TM.30 is required.

However, if you are not on a yearly Extension, or have moved to a new address, then you would need to submit one.

Keep in mind - every Immigration office has their own rules and even different IOs in the same office may have different rules and those might change depending on the appearance (and attitude) of the person standing in front of them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dotpoom said:

I was going to say the same as yourself...then I thought ..."hang on"...this could be like one of those trick questions. He said it (tm30) "had to have been submitted"...so, maybe I submitted one years ago and don't remember it.

A long time ago ... 15 years. .? ... the manager of the building in which I owned a condo notified residents that immigrations wanted photocopies of passport pages given her and she would turn them over to immigrations. Supposedly future extensions would not be processed for anyone who failed to do this. 

No form to fill in that I can recall. Could be wrong about that.

Anyway I did the needful and never heard anything further about it. Maybe that was TM30 version 1.01 ?

Edited by Suradit69

9 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Wrong.
At the Jomtien Immigration Office, within the last 4 months:

I did my yearly Extension - no TM.30 asked for;
I got a new Multi Re-entry permit - no TM.30 asked for;

I travelled outside of the country, returned with a new passport, went in to Jomtien the next day with a TM.30 form - was told it wasn't required;

Proceeded to apply to have my stamps transferred from my old Passport to my new one - no TM.30 asked for;

Went back a couple weeks later to show my bankbook balance - no TM.30 asked for; and

Went back last week to do my 90 Day. Informed the IO of my new passport and TM.6 card. He entered the info and printed the new Notification slip - no TM.30 asked for.

At Jomtien, I think the rule is that if you are on a yearly Extension and have travelled (anywhere) and returned to the same address, then no TM.30 is required.

However, if you are not on a yearly Extension, or have moved to a new address, then you would need to submit one.

Keep in mind - every Immigration office has their own rules and even different IOs in the same office may have different rules and those might change depending on the appearance (and attitude) of the person standing in front of them.

so never done a tm30??

19 hours ago, steve187 said:

That is not my experience. 90 day reporting is fine without evidence you have one. IO never asks for mine.

Extensions I believe do require a current TM 30.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jaxxper said:

That is not my experience. 90 day reporting is fine without evidence you have one. IO never asks for mine.

this thread is about a tm30 being required at jomtein for a 90 day report, so maybe things have changed since your report

8 minutes ago, steve187 said:

so never done a tm30??

I've tried to submit one 3 times now and each time was told it wasn't required. Left the country twice, returned, went to Immigration to submit the form and was asked if I was still at the same address, then told the TM.30 wasn't required. Had the form with my paperwork for my Extensions, was told it wasn't needed.

Every time I go to Immigration to do something that requires paperwork (like an extension or stamp transfer) I've had a TM.30 with me just in case. Since the "crackdown" started, I've done 2 Extensions, 2 Re-entry permits, 1 "Stamp transfer", I Certificate of Residence, 1 "bankbook verification" and what, 8 or 9 90 Day reports and no one has ever asked for the TM.30.

Meanwhile, a friend of mine from Canada that spends his winters here has to submit one as soon as he arrives (well, the next day at least). Of course, he is on a Tourist Visa and usually ends up in a different apartment each time he comes whereas I'm on a yearly Extension and haven't moved in 7 years. At one apartment he stayed at he asked his (Thai) landlord about the TM.30 and the landlord refused to do it.

Buddy went to Immigration and ended up getting fined 1,600 baht ! Apparently Immigration (at the time) didn't care that the landlord wasn't submitting the forms and decided that it was the tourist's responsibility instead. :dry:

18 minutes ago, steve187 said:

just goes to prove then that the same office has different rules, how can someone plan for that

Other than the OPs report, there are no different rules, Jomtien has never asked for a TM30 to do 90 day reports.

At a guess, I would say the OPs situation is more to do with having a proxy do the 90 day report.

3 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

At a guess, I would say the OPs situation is more to do with having a proxy do the 90 day report

Anything is possible including that the woman at the 90 day desk is apparently new to that position, but my proxy has done all of my 90 day reports for several years without issue.

i should mention he didn't think it was a big deal. She said something about the TM30. He showed it to her. That was it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, thainet said:

Bring enough cash for the fine you will receive when you go for an extension, and all the documents required to do a TM30 too.

47 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

I've tried to submit one 3 times now and each time was told it wasn't required. Left the country twice, returned, went to Immigration to submit the form and was asked if I was still at the same address, then told the TM.30 wasn't required. Had the form with my paperwork for my Extensions, was told it wasn't needed.

I find that very hard to believe considering there's only two lady IO's in that room and I've dealt with both of them. The very 1st time I submitted a TM30 I asked if one is needed every time I re-enter the country. The lady said yes it's needed when coming back to Thailand, but not needed when travelling within Thailand. Ever since then I've sumbitted it another 3 times since then when arriving back in Thailand. Always stayed at the same address. They always take the form and process it and then staple that slip to the back of the passport.

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

I find that very hard to believe considering there's only two lady IO's in that room and I've dealt with both of them. The very 1st time I submitted a TM30 I asked if one is needed every time I re-enter the country. The lady said yes it's needed when coming back to Thailand, but not needed when travelling within Thailand. Ever since then I've sumbitted it another 3 times since then when arriving back in Thailand. Always stayed at the same address. They always take the form and process it and then staple that slip to the back of the passport.

It's logical that IO will process your TM30 after arriving back in Thailand from abroad, because the entry/departure card (TM6) number will not be same as before, and that info is part of the TM30 form.

2 hours ago, Jaxxper said:

When you do your 90 day reporting on-line it is not required to demonstrate that a TM30 has been filed, so why would  they want it if you did your 90 day reporting in person?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

Well I don't find it very hard to believe that when I go to Jomtien and stand in front of the counter at the entrance and the IO that hands out the numbers tells me I don't need to do it. Especially when all he had to do was wave his hand towards the office where they process them and tell me to go there.

Just like I don't find it hard to believe that when I hand the IO my Extension paperwork and he sees the TM.30 application and hands it back to me, saying it's not needed.

Just like I don't find it hard to believe that half a dozen IOs have looked at my passport, flipped through it, looked at the TM-6 and the 90 Day notification slip and never once asked me about a TM.30.
Not even when they transferred my Visa, Extension and Re-Entry permit stamps from my old passport to my new one.

I find it harder to believe that I made a simple spelling error in my original post and didn't see or correct it before posting. :sad:

However, I do expect that one day, the moon will be in a different phase, the weather will be either hot or not so hot, it will either be raining or not, it will be on a day that ends in "y" and out of the clear blue someone will ask me about the TM.30 and on that day I will have to do one (and probably pay a fine) regardless of the fact they haven't required it of me for years.
If it happens, it happens. You can rest easy though in the knowledge that I won't run to Thaivisa and whine like a little bitch about how unfair it is and how they are picking on foreigners and about how we should all move somewhere else.

And that is not hard to believe at all ! :w00t:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steve187 said:

just goes to prove then that the same office has different rules, how can someone plan for that

Indeed. It's something that's been mentioned many times. You have to learn what your local Immigration Office wants/likes and do things their way, even if it isn't the same as what other people have to do (or don't have to) at another place.

Which may last for years or maybe only until there's a new IO that decides they want things don't differently. Then you adapt to that and carry on.