PM Prayut says Thailand aiming to become a high income country in 17 years

webfact

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, I think I misread this.....he said "...his government has set the foundations needed to drive the country forward with the objective of making Thailand a high-income country, in which all Thai people will share equally in the fruits of development and none will be left behind."

What will happen to deference to the hi-sos? What will happen to all that loot that is collected in bribes?

Sounds like a pice of blatant nonsense.

We all know this isn't going to happen but the real issue to ponder is precisely what will become of the nation?

I've said it a dozen times. The nation is heading toward becoming the Philippines not Singapore. Thailand has missed the boat. It's growth rate is no better than mature economies and it's faced with a needy, aging population.

Inequality and poverty are as high as parts of Africa. How long will people put up with it? Better order more tanks. Volunteer army a good idea, know who's got your back. The mob is coming.

On 9/26/2019 at 4:18 PM, inactiveposter said:

But climate change will destroy the world in 12 years according to activists, right? So no worries about a 17 year prediction.

anyway his predictions never work out, remember the last smokey season he would stop that in 1 week, it took 3 months

On 9/26/2019 at 5:54 PM, BestB said:

hospitals and doctors charge same as in the west.

a hospital visit to Bangkok Hospital or Ram in Chiangmai will cost a doctors fee of 500 baht on average ( about 12 US dollars) .     Added on hospital "fee" of maybe 150 baht.

Please quote some comparative charges to walk into a hospital  in  SF or LA or Chicago or take your pick.

I think he should have a nick name  The Joker

under the previous government and present

the average Thai people are suffering 

with no western tourists coming 

as the Thai bht is to high 

so shops taxis food cloths stall massage laundry hotels all suffer 

cut staff 

so thai people go hungry 

the thai government are the same as all government in the world 

never understand the people 

i have business in Thailand and in England I stop buying all Thai goods 

rice vegetables because Thai bht to high 

as all other people I know do same so who suffer not the government 

its thai people again farmers and others

so how can thai people earn money 

now they lucky to get 200 bht a day 

I think the government need to talk to the real workers in Thailand 

not in America or any other country 

6 hours ago, curlylekan said:

This is possible, but a lot needs to change first: Infrastructure building and spending, labor laws, immigration, tourism, CORRUPTION, driving laws and enforcement, and more that you find in high income countries.

Well he will clear all that up in a couple of weeks.

On 9/26/2019 at 7:06 PM, kevvy said:

how long have the Thai's been being paid 250/300 baht a day ? 17 years ...

Well it's a tantalising thought BUT Thailand is growing rich on the backs of the exploited Thai working class on thb 300/day. Same story with the Chinese. There are a few rich HiSo's in China but most are eating but have not much more. China is certainly growing rich by exploiting the poor.

What a crock of BS................ professional lying... the 1%'ers of the hi-so Thai rich are going to make sure the 99% of the poor peasants stay exactly where they are.

Overworked, underpaid and under the thumb.....................

That's the history of the hierarchal society of Thailand and it will suffice that way now and into the future.  

Nice try PM: “You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

In 17 years so after this recession cycle completes and we build back up from the ground maybe we can get it right this time

Land and property tax certainly will stop the greater fools trade that has been ballooning the whole of bangkok real estate and made a total mess

But we need a real educational center that teaches trades and skills so we have real buildings and we need residential property that allows families to exist

The building code is disgusting because look at how they expect people to live!! It's gone backwards, houses from 20 years ago had a front and back garden, garage, enough room to kick a football with your boy or play some tennis and a garden to grow some veggies or banana now you get a post it note size plot and you can hear your neighbour sneeze / hock up his morning mucus or whatever he's watching on tv! and the price? 4 times what it was!!!!

This will just make horrible people because no where nice to live, not even a quiet road to play on their bikes. There is not one leafy suburb yet in the whole of thailand and that's crazy. Somewhere that is so hot and needs a canopy over everything - they cut all the trees down and replace with concrete! It should be illegal but they don't care about health they care about aesthetic

Concrete they never pressure wash and grows black mold on the outside they let go derelict and a hundred stray dogs come in. It's pure stupidity to think a high income world can exist in somewhere that is obsessed with ghetto like standards and price jacking. Where is the quality? I don't know!

My friend spent 18 million baht on a house that lasted around 12 months before serious construction issues so he left. This is someone with a multi-million dollar investment trust that could seriously provide jobs - but he was driven out because no real schools, no sports centers, no recreation areas, huge traffic jams and no building code. It's everything wrong that can be easily fixed by some bills to ensure a proper construction code and providing adequate green areas and trees wherever there is construction happening.

I look forward to seeing the new capital as bangkok is a disaster. Maybe it can be a bangkok 2.0 but we know what happened with thailand 4.0 the truth is we are more on 0.2 right now. So let's just try and get to a version one spec.

That means competent schools with programming lessons, world history and geography, and proper science labs. Academys that offer a competent education

That means large parks for football, rugby, tennis, and the nations sport - muay thai.

That means a clean air program, carpool lanes, clean industry and protection of trees.

That means taxing unusued derelict space the highest and ensuring these thirsty real estate developers don't keep doing pump and dumps because from a tax standpoint its better to build quality and let it be used. 

I think every real estate should have to provide a park of four times the size of its foot print to begin and those parks must have water fountains, trees, and areas for locals to sell food, teach gym classes and arts. That will enrich the area and be provided free entry to the locals because of the tax on the housing owners and balance itself out. You want to live in a nice area? Lets build one!!

Recycling centers and street cleaners are easy to afford with a property tax, and the ones who break the code must be fined heavily to bump up the municipalities available funds. For example if some guy lets his property go to ruin he must be fined weekly for this because it affects real estate prices for everyone else and encourages urban decay. For every code violation should be different fines.

If someone blocks the road, or makes it dirty in the canal it should be a serious fine of around 4000 to 10000 baht or more depending on the seriousness and all fines come with community service that cannot be bucked. You will see they change behaviour very very fast.

Sadly there are no preventions to stop people behaving in a degenerate way so we ended up with a huge mess. If you want to be a high income area we must have a clean base to build on, not squaller.

On 9/28/2019 at 3:16 PM, MartiniMan said:

The building code is disgusting because look at how they expect people to live!! It's gone backwards, houses from 20 years ago had a front and back garden, garage, enough room to kick a football with your boy or play some tennis and a garden to grow some veggies or banana now you get a post it note size plot and you can hear your neighbour sneeze / hock up his morning mucus or whatever he's watching on tv! and the price? 4 times what it was!!!!

That's population growth and urbanization for you. In 1950's there were less than half as many people. The sweet spot was at the pinnacle of the human kind, not counting hairstyles, the 80's.

https://populationmatters.org/

Archived