Thief suspect says he missed life inside two hours after prison release

webfact

Thief suspect says he missed life inside two hours after prison release

By The Nation

800_af696681bd51a5f.jpg?v=1569568705

A recently-freed jailbird allegedly committed another crime in Chon Buri’s Sattahip district just two hours after his release on Thursday in order to be sent back to his “home” where food, accommodation and comrades await him.

Police said Khanchit Sutthipichai, 39, who was caught allegedly trying to steal a motorcycle and sidecar and thus was charged for theft, told the Na Chom Tien Police officers that he had been released two hours earlier from the Nong Pla Lai Prison after serving a six-month imprisonment for possessing drugs.

"I have no idea what to do after the release. I have no money at all, I don't have any food to eat and I miss my friends in prison,” he reportedly said. “So I stole the motorcycle so I can be arrested and sent back to jail."

He reportedly said prison life for him was not as hard as living outside. He said he had friends, food and accommodation behind the confined walls.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30376817

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-09-27

12 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

just as the states is still learning the hard way you just can't throw away people, it will come back to bite you.. 

Thanks for getting the America comparison in and out the way so quick , a thread wouldn't be complete without anyone stating what happens in the USA

I saw a UK documentary a few years ago where the guy said a similar thing:

"I get 3 meals a day, a bed and shelter, plus I've got lots of mates here".

Within 5 hours of him being released he was arrested again. This time they sent him to Norwich prison instead of Pentonville, where all his mates were.

1 hour ago, essox essox said:

so best thing to do is NOT jail him again...if life outside is so bad.

He is getting things for free in jail so outside will make it hard for him....

Yes, and Buddha forbid, he would have to actually do a days work for a change. 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

"I have no idea what to do after the release.

me too.

I have no money at all,

same me.

I don't have any food to eat and I miss my friends in prison,

just like me when I leave Hua Hin.

Couldn't the government have a special program for people like that, just keep him in prison but give him work to earn some money. If he could make something for sale then get him to work in prison and he could stay as long as he likes. Is it illegal to do that? The International Human Rights come breathing down your neck? They will complain it's slave labour? Well, the prisoners willing to sign an agreement.

Can you imagine you send him back on the street with no money what do you expect him to do? It's just simply pathetic.

If you really think about it, it is the best one can do for people like that, it's a win win situation isn't it? Prisoners are happy and the world outside is free from nuisance. Can anything be better?

Sometimes I think government civil servants aren't doing their job, they are sitting on their brains because their brains are located at the bottom where they sit on it.

The best thing (Or the less bad) to do in his case would have been to ask to a temple to host him

and become a monk, Free shelter and free food but you have to follow the strict rules.

And going this way he could have bought some credit (Most than needed in his case)

for his future reincarnation.

11 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

The best thing (Or the less bad) to do in his case would have been to ask to a temple to host him

and become a monk, Free shelter and free food but you have to follow the strict rules.

Ah, those ones about ensuring sex, booze, gambling, violence, internet gaming, fraud, embezzlement .....................

18 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Within 5 hours of him being released he was arrested again. This time they sent him to Norwich prison instead of Pentonville, where all his mates were.

should do same to this guy....

30 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Ah, those ones about ensuring sex, booze, gambling, violence, internet gaming, fraud, embezzlement .....................

Not really

there is always some rotten fruits in the basket especially since

every man in thailand can become a monk for the duration of his choice

but most of the monks are in a ''good way'' to think and act

On 9/27/2019 at 3:06 PM, Andrew65 said:

theirs a lot of truth in that. having a brother who spent a short period of his life in jail many many years ago, i see and hear many farangs end up going home broke and apparently the government in the UK does not help you out for at least six months of being there, if that were me, and it never would be, i would commit a small crime until the government either helped me out or put me in jail, i would not live rough on the streets for six months as an old man. jail in the UK is a doddle if you have nothing on the outside 

2 hours ago, Tomahawk21 said:

theirs a lot of truth in that. having a brother who spent a short period of his life in jail many many years ago, i see and hear many farangs end up going home broke and apparently the government in the UK does not help you out for at least six months of being there, if that were me, and it never would be, i would commit a small crime until the government either helped me out or put me in jail, i would not live rough on the streets for six months as an old man. jail in the UK is a doddle if you have nothing on the outside 

Yes, living in prison may well be better than living on the street. Also safe in the knowledge that it's costing the gvt around £40k a year for lodging!????

13 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Yes, living in prison may well be better than living on the street. Also safe in the knowledge that it's costing the gvt around £40k a year for lodging!????

do you think the guy on the street without a penny to his name gives a delete about that ?

On 9/27/2019 at 7:36 PM, essox essox said:

so best thing to do is NOT jail him again...if life outside is so bad.

He is getting things for free in jail so outside will make it hard for him....

So just let him keep on committing crimes and not arrest him?

Great idea

2 hours ago, Tomahawk21 said:

do you think the guy on the street without a penny to his name gives a delete about that ?

...don't know what he thinks or cares about. Who could.

I read a good article a while ago about a guy who served 67 years in prison in the US, longest serving prisoner ever.

He was in his 80's when he eventually came out. When he did come it was 6 years later that it could have been, basically because he just didn't want to leave.

What was he going to do on the outside at that age? Easier just to stay inside?!

I heard somewhere that the re-offending rate after being released from prison in the UK is about 40%. To be quite frank I'm amazed it's that low. If you've been in prison a few years, you probably won't have a lot of money, they only give you £46 to last until you can start getting benefits - I guess they assume that you either own your own house or have somewhere you can stay (because you won't be staying in a hotel on that!). For everyone else it's going to be a park bench and thieving to survive.

It's hard enough to find a job and somewhere to live in the UK even with a degree and no criminal record. It must be almost impossible once branded an ex-convict, doesn't bear thinking about. Sensible option I suppose would be to try and get to Norway, I hear that their prisons are very nice indeed.

Archived