Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Visa on Arrival question

Hey guys! i need your help here. Out of curiosity i was on the thai immigration website looking at the different visas and i can that they have changed the rules YET AGAIN! 

I HOLD A UK PASSPORT

Can someone confirm that i have read this correctly - Visa on Arrivals have to be applied for through the website and then the application brought to Suwanapoom Airport? And also i can see now that it is valid for only 15 days instead of 30?

Have accidentaly sniffed too much glue? or is that very much the case?  I arrive on October the 8th and will be there a week but i will be entering thailand again 3 weeks later for my flight back home (doing the rounds) 

Can someone advise.

Thank you!

9 hours ago, pt1001 said:

i was on the thai immigration website

You got lost in the web :smile:

No change for UK citizens since long.

30 day visa exempt entry (NOT visa on arrival).

Nothing to apply, nothing to pay.

Optionally you can extend the stay for another 30 days applying at immigration office.

If you want to apply for a proper Tourist Visa in the UK, you can do so at a consulate, in person.

If you wish to apply at the Royal Thai Embassy, the application needs to be completed ONLINE via the new service, then you can send your documents by post or take them in person to the embassy.

22 minutes ago, The Fat Controller said:

If you want to apply for a proper Tourist Visa in the UK, you can do so at a consulate, in person.

If you wish to apply at the Royal Thai Embassy, the application needs to be completed ONLINE via the new service, then you can send your documents by post or take them in person to the embassy.

Best to search the thread about applying ONLINE at Royal Thai Embassy in London. 
Headache and confusion...

Applying at a consulate in person now seems the better option.

Edited by Peter Denis

Does anyone know why Argentina , Brazil , Chile and Korea get long visa exempts than the majority of us . Also surprising that the fellow ASEAN countries don't get any preference over the others .

22 minutes ago, gimo said:

Does anyone know why Argentina , Brazil , Chile and Korea get long visa exempts than the majority of us . Also surprising that the fellow ASEAN countries don't get any preference over the others .

Reciprocal agreement. 

The 'majority of us' don't let Thais in without a Visa. 

Neighboring Asean countries do have some special preference. 

Edited by jacko45k