599 bath fee for Bangkok Bank account?

I just (actually on Monday) received an SMS linked to my BB account, be1st I believe they called it.

Transfer/payment from your account X1234 of Bt 599.00 via AUTO system; the available balance is Bt <a number here>.

It wasn't me, so that leaves alone

A) some account fees. I wasn't aware off.

B) account compromised

C) a "misunderstanding" from someone inside. BTW I did a withdrawal the same morning in person as I left my ATM card overseas.

I did not yet update my book, but I doubt it says anything more than the SMS.

I guess I'm getting quicker answers here than actually in my bank, if A is true.

If it's for B or C I guess I need to take the time to investigate.

I think it's the annual fee, by the way, I've removed your balance (from the post not from the account).

EDIT Do you have a regular Be1st card or something different?

The only 599 Baht card that I see is the Rabbit Visa card.

https://www.bangkokbank.com/-/media/Files/Personal/Cards/Debit-Cards/Be1st-Smart-LandingPage/Be1st-Smart-Landing-PageEn/be1stdue2019_en.ashx?la=en&hash=9E4C2862C787A7ECEA03CBF31984AA772FBFA8A2

Well thanks for that, I believe when I signed up there was nothing about a rabbit, then they changed it probably as what it is now. Might ask sometimes, will read into that insurance thing as I just discontinued the one I had.

Yep, was in the Bank on Monday to get a new card, I left my old one overseas anyway. 

It's that thing with the insurance but I believe it to be an accident insurance with a maximum of 5000 per case.

However, I'm still don't know if I could use it in the public hospitals. The girl connected me with their hotline, but honestly I did not know more when leaving the bank than when I entered.

Guess I have to collect my information in the different forums, including this one.

On October 3, 2019 at 4:17 PM, jethro69 said:

BTW I did a withdrawal the same morning in person as I left my ATM card overseas.

I did not yet update my book, but I doubt it says anything more than the SMS.

If you did a counter withdrawal with your passbook then your passbook should have been updated then. 

Inside the back cover of the passbook there's a list of transaction codes. I believe there's one for bank fees.

I have a SCB Debit card and there is an annual 500 Baht charge for accident insurance. I recently had an accident (fell through the roof) and was taken unconcious to the Bangkok Hospital. My wife showed them my SCB card and they paid 25,000 Baht out of the total 35,000 Baht hospital bill. This was deducted from the bill leaving me 10,000 Baht to pay. Nice and easy. I didn't have to do a thing except sign some papers.

I assume all bank debit cards are similar.

I wonder if this sort of insurance counts towards any mandated health insurance requirements that may or may not happen in the future?

On 10/3/2019 at 5:18 PM, jethro69 said:

Well thanks for that, I believe when I signed up there was nothing about a rabbit, then they changed it probably as what it is now. Might ask sometimes, will read into that insurance thing as I just discontinued the one I had.

Just look at your card,then you know what type it is. Every ATM card with Visa will expire December 31,and will be replaced by the new Be1st Smart TPN MasterCard.  The annual fee is just 200 baht. You can replace it free of charge whenever you want.

51 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

I have a SCB Debit card and there is an annual 500 Baht charge for accident insurance. I recently had an accident (fell through the roof) and was taken unconcious to the Bangkok Hospital. My wife showed them my SCB card and they paid 25,000 Baht out of the total 35,000 Baht hospital bill. This was deducted from the bill leaving me 10,000 Baht to pay. Nice and easy. I didn't have to do a thing except sign some papers.

I assume all bank debit cards are similar.

I wonder if this sort of insurance counts towards any mandated health insurance requirements that may or may not happen in the future?

Almost every bank has for years  offered one card with an accident insurance,but it's not mandatory. The fee is higher than regular debit cards.

27 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Just look at your card,then you know what type it is. Every ATM card with Visa will expire December 31,and will be replaced by the new Be1st Smart TPN MasterCard.  The annual fee is just 200 baht. You can replace it free of charge whenever you want.

My Be 1st Visa card from BB Surin expired last month and I opted for a Be 1st MasterCard. I was told the card fee was 100 baht. I also received a new updated pass-book and I assumed the fee would be deducted from my account. It was not.

27 minutes ago, tweedledee2 said:

My Be 1st Visa card from BB Surin expired last month and I opted for a Be 1st MasterCard. I was told the card fee was 100 baht. I also received a new updated pass-book and I assumed the fee would be deducted from my account. It was not.

The card fee is 100 baht,but the annual fee is 200 baht. BB normally ask how you want to pay for the card,in cash or withdraw from the account. But the expiration date on the card is not in sync with the date you received the old card. So you probably have time left until next years fee. 

46 minutes ago, Captain 776 said:

Have Bangkok Bank 14 years transfer money frequently.........it’s. Not cheap but I never saw that fee

Earlier Bangkok Bank had several ATM/debit cards to choose from,and the annual fees were different. From November last year there are only one debit card, the Be1st Smart TPN MasterCard. The cost for the card is 100 baht and the annual fee 200 baht. 

15 minutes ago, bravo19 said:

Is the acceptance of the new be1st debit mastercard from bangkok bank in shops, restaurants, online etc. the same as their best1 visa debit card?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Officially, yes. But there are major problems online with the new card. I have had mine since November 12 last year. I have problems with online purchases from several stores and I also read online about people with same problem. It has something to do with the authentication process. I have contacted Bangkok Bank several times, but they don't understand the problem. Luckily I have an account at K-Bank and they still uses Visa. 

Last week, my friend opened a BBL account in Hua Hin and deposited Bt1,000. His new bank book showed an initial deposit of Bt301 instead of Bt1,000. The bank had given him a Rabbit Card and very kindly charged him a joining fee = Bt100 + annual fee = Bt599. Total fee in 1st year = Bt699, hence the balance of Bt301 for an opening deposit of Bt1,000. My friend didn't know what cards were available and just accepted what the bank gave him. Pretty shoddy treatment by the bank and taking advantage of his lack of knowledge.

Rabbit.png

53 minutes ago, thaiowl said:

Last week, my friend opened a BBL account in Hua Hin and deposited Bt1,000. His new bank book showed an initial deposit of Bt301 instead of Bt1,000. The bank had given him a Rabbit Card and very kindly charged him a joining fee = Bt100 + annual fee = Bt599. Total fee in 1st year = Bt699, hence the balance of Bt301 for an opening deposit of Bt1,000. My friend didn't know what cards were available and just accepted what the bank gave him. Pretty shoddy treatment by the bank and taking advantage of his lack of knowledge.

Rabbit.png

Yes,you have to know what cards they have. Was it just an ATM Union Card? They should have issued the Be1st Smart TPN MasterCard which only cost 100+200 baht. The 200 bath is the annual fee. Tell him to go back to the bank. 

Archived