Hotel check in. Only passport required.

53 minutes ago, Swedenlars said:

Well, that is the normal way. A tourist does not need to fill out the TM30 form. The hotel does it for you. If you had followed the TM 30 discussions you would know why this has caused so much outrage among the expats.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

Follow the tm 30 debates, ????????

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Really? You do clearly need to read in on TM30 and how that works. I actually thought nobody could possibly have missed that, but I stand corrected.

We dont need to read about TM30. We live here and one thing is clear. When you check into a hotel the hotel submits paperwork to the authorities.  The OP has been misled by the hysteria and the ill

informed negativity on this forum.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

All these reports and files wherever you've checked in and a lot more are all in Bangkok at Chaeng Wattana.

A good friend of mine was befriended with an employee who showed him his file.

Not only in their computer system, they seem to have a file about all and everything of us and usually know where we currently are.

They even use social media to find some more information when needed. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

We dont need to read about TM30. We live here and one thing is clear. When you check into a hotel the hotel submits paperwork to the authorities.  The OP has been misled by the hysteria and the ill

informed negativity on this forum.

I did not read that op "lives here". He could be tourist. In that case tm30 has zero impact or requirement upon him. If on extensions the tm30 will be required upon next application for extension. In that situation its fine if your condo etc files tm30. However problem for many where they do not file

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

All these reports and files wherever you've checked in and a lot more are all in Bangkok at Chaeng Wattana.

A good friend of mine was befriended with an employee who showed him his file.

Not only in their computer system, they seem to have a file about all and everything of us and usually know where we currently are.

They even use social media to find some more information when needed. 

That´s great. Makes it easy for them to find the bad apples. That´s what I call great work!

OP,

If you are a tourist and staying in Hotels while visiting Thailand, you will never even see a TM30 as it is the responsibility of the Hotel reporting that a foreigner is staying there.

The only time as a tourist you might be asked is when you want to extend your stay in Thailand beyond the 'stay until stamp' in your passport, and go to the provincial Immigration Office for doing so.  They will normally then check in their database if the Hotel you are staying has filed a TM30, and if that's not the case they will normally contact the Hotel. So, it is very unlikely that you as a tourist will ever be confronted with the TM30 regulations.

Note: If you are staying longer-term in Thailand and rent, have your own condo or live in the house of friends/girlfriend, then do post the details on the TV-Forum and for sure the province you are staying (as Tm30 enforcement varies locally). 

i had a condo building in pattaya charge me a fee to file tm30 after i moved in and paid. i did not otherwise need tm30 as i never goto immigration.

it was REQUIRED and not optional.

Edited by fhickson

14 hours ago, fhickson said:

i had a condo building in pattaya charge me a fee to file tm30 after i moved in and paid. i did not otherwise need tm30 as i never goto immigration.

it was REQUIRED and not optional.

How much?

• Like 1